Best opening band for Rush

CrimsonE

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have loved to see Marillion, Eric Johnson, Primus and Candlebox open for Rush. But, I still maintain that I am spoiled, as I have never seen a Rush concert where I had to sit through an opening act (started seeing Rush on the T4E tour and have seen every tour - some multiple times - ever since).

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Signals from Rush with special guest NAZARETH (Europe 1983)!!! Hold Your Fire Tour with special guest WISHBONE ASH (Europe 1988)!!!

QUOTE (Faithless Mover @ Jul 4 2012, 09:28 PM)
Gary Moore. Can't believe no one's mentioned him yet.

I saw Gary Moore open for Def Leppard in the 80's BLEW THEM OFF THE STAGE! Ian Paice from Deep Purple was drumming...

One of my favorite opening acts of that era...never knew they opened for Rush, what tour?

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Jul 8 2012, 04:34 PM)

I saw Gary Moore open for Def Leppard in the 80's BLEW THEM OFF THE STAGE! Ian Paice from Deep Purple was drumming...

One of my favorite opening acts of that era...never knew they opened for Rush, what tour?

Grace Under Pressure tour. I think Paice left the band a month or two before. I saw the show in Phoenix, Gary Moore was a beast. Been a fan ever since.

QUOTE (Faithless Mover @ Jul 8 2012, 05:45 PM)
QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Jul 8 2012, 04:34 PM)

Grace Under Pressure tour. I think Paice left the band a month or two before. I saw the show in Phoenix, Gary Moore was a beast. Been a fan ever since.

Bummer...seeing Paice was like seeing a legend...Gary Moore was off the charts! I went to DL because of a girlfriend at the time was a huge fan (and I liked their first two albums, Pyro was too commercial/hair for my taste) Seeing Gary Moore was a great thing. Krokus was also on the bill...serious hair metal! 1022.gif

I saw Y&T open on the GuP tour in Philly...as I said earlier in the thread, not bad, they were actually pretty good, but the "ROCK AND F***ING ROLL" stuff in between songs got OLD! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 9 2012, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (Scottishdood @ Jul 9 2012, 04:44 PM)
Sanzo...have you sobered up from Dublin and Glasgow yet??

Yeah Sanzo! And have you found your camera yet? I want to see some of those pictures from the bars we hit!

Think Sanzo even remembers us or actually being there?

QUOTE (Scottishdood @ Jul 9 2012, 04:56 PM)

Yeah Sanzo! And have you found your camera yet? I want to see some of those pictures from the bars we hit!

Doubt it! Probably found his camera two weeks later, looked at all these pictures of us and thought "who the f**k are these male supermodels I was hanging out with at all this different bars? WTF!"

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 9 2012, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (Scottishdood @ Jul 9 2012, 04:56 PM)

Doubt it! Probably found his camera two weeks later, looked at all these pictures of us and thought "who the f**k are these male supermodels I was hanging out with at all this different bars? WTF!"

z7shysterical.gif

Who wouldn't be pleased to see our chiselled features on their digital device!

Best one that I've seen in person was easily by far Marillion.

I would have loved to have seen Max Webster, Steve Morse, Primus and Eric Johnson though, but even then I'd have still liked Marillion more.