oceania

s_b_g

having purchased this on my way to work today - i then sat down with a mug of coffee, and with some artwork to do, and plugged myself in for the day biggrin.gif

utterly, utterly brilliant, this is what rock albums should be in 2012

rush should bite billy's arm off to do a support slot

d

I'm going to buy Oceania in a couple of days. Heard some good things about it. I love the early Smashing Pumpkins albums.

It just annoys me that Jimmy Chamberlin isn't drumming on this album. I love his drumming, he's such an important part of the Pumpkins' sound to me. Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin are The Smashing Pumpkins. Without Chamberlin he should just call it a Billy Corgan solo album.

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Jun 18 2012, 01:41 PM)
I'm going to buy Oceania in a couple of days. Heard some good things about it. I love the early Smashing Pumpkins albums.

It just annoys me that Jimmy Chamberlin isn't drumming on this album. I love his drumming, he's such an important part of the Pumpkins' sound to me. Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin are The Smashing Pumpkins. Without Chamberlin he should just call it a Billy Corgan solo album.

i do entirely get where you are coming from biggrin.gif

but mike byrne is fantastic in my opinion and has added something new - a youthful energy perhaps? - anyway will wait till you hear it - but i love it smile.gif

QUOTE (s_b_g @ Jun 18 2012, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Jun 18 2012, 01:41 PM)

i do entirely get where you are coming from biggrin.gif

but mike byrne is fantastic in my opinion and has added something new - a youthful energy perhaps? - anyway will wait till you hear it - but i love it smile.gif

I do believe Mike plays a role in giving the guys some youth energy! Originally, Billy didn't favor his age, being so young, but because he's a killer drummer, he was chosen! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Jun 18 2012, 12:41 PM)

This new album is pretty good.....but doesn't compare at all to their early stuff.....IMO. Probably their best since Melon Collie though (except for Machina, which I like a bit better)....

QUOTE (s_b_g @ Jun 19 2012, 07:45 AM)

It's great he can shake off the past somewhat and yet move forward with a cohesively talented band. Finally I have no complaints whatsover in the new direction. It's nice to have a future again.