Clockwork Angels title track - chanting

Owen Hardy

in the first 25 seconds or so of the song I swear I can hear Geddy saying something - not just chanting. But I can't make out what it is. In fact, at the point where it seems most audible (and not just chanting) it almost seems to be something being said backwards - ?? So in this case I may have to actually play it backwards to figure it out - gonna have to get the vinyl. ;^)

Does anyone else hear this or is it just me? Sorry if this topic has already been discussed somewhere else...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so far I'm liking Lost In Xanadu's interpretation the best, based on what I know of the story behind CA. But some of the other responses are pretty funny.

To answer your question, GernTheFish, yes. I've heard chanting from sources other than CA. If your question is, do I ever hear chanting in the absence of sound the answer is no.

QUOTE (Chronos @ Jun 18 2012, 02:13 PM)
All I can make out for certain is something about "gnomic turgidity" and "dragon-tailed paradiddles."

f**k. I just got yelled at for laughing too hard in class.

QUOTE (Owen Hardy @ Jun 18 2012, 12:56 PM)
so far I'm liking Lost In Xanadu's interpretation the best, based on what I know of the story behind CA. But some of the other responses are pretty funny.

My response was from Def Leppard's Hysteria.... the backwards sounding mumbling at the beginning of "Rocket" is "We're fighting with the Gods of war" if you play it backwards (a line from Gods of War... also on Hysteria)

I would be very interested in your finding though. I don't know if it's backwards, it sound like choral chanting to me... Aren't there audio programs you can play stuff backwards in without needing the vinyl?

We are sorry for S&A...........

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 18 2012, 02:42 PM)
We are sorry for S&A...........

no.gif

No way Rush is sorry for that album. Just cuz some people don't like it, doesn't make them sorry for it.

I think he was saying "sorry you peeps couldn't enjoy it... or Van Hagar" laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 18 2012, 02:32 PM)
I would be very interested in your finding though. I don't know if it's backwards, it sound like choral chanting to me... Aren't there audio programs you can play stuff backwards in without needing the vinyl?

It sounds like chanting for most of the early part, but from about :18 to :25 I feel like I'm hearing words.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 18 2012, 02:46 PM)
Van Hagar"

laugh.gif

On a serious note, I started analyzing the waveform, listening to the first part backwards and comparing it to the ending played normally...

The beginning is just the chanting and ambient sound + some of the following lyrics backwards + the end of the beginning is the beginning backwards... here are the bits of lyrics you can make out, taken straight from the song and sang the same way:

Globes of light float in mid-air

Higher still, against the night

Clockwork angels bathed in light

I was having some fun digging and then had to take a hard stop, discovered a hidden message from the Watchmaker right at the very end of the song. He warns us, foreboding..

Wouldn't do that......

If you don't believe me, crank the music fairly loudly at the end, right around the 7:27 mark and listen... I don't know about you guys but I'm not f**king around with this ANY more!

ph34r.gif

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 18 2012, 09:15 PM)
On a serious note, I started analyzing the waveform, listening to the first part backwards and comparing it to the ending played normally...

The beginning is just the chanting and ambient sound + some of the following lyrics backwards + the end of the beginning is the beginning backwards... here are the bits of lyrics you can make out, taken straight from the song and sang the same way:

I was having some fun digging and then had to take a hard stop, discovered a hidden message from the Watchmaker right at the very end of the song. He warns us, foreboding..

Wouldn't do that......

If you don't believe me, crank the music fairly loudly at the end, right around the 7:27 mark and listen... I don't know about you guys but I'm not f**king around with this ANY more!

ph34r.gif

start narrating horror movies or something, that scared the 7 shades outa me!

laugh.gif

nice find.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 18 2012, 03:15 PM)

Wouldn't do that......

ph34r.gif

Are you nuts? that's the Pedlar asking "What Do You Lack?"