1 week out

The Owl

Easy enough thread.... we are a week out after the SnA launch. My question to you is how many full spins have you gotten in, in a weeks time, and how have you listened to it?

--------------------My stats----------------

- 1 pre release listen of the leak

- 2 listens on a good sound system

- 2 listens while driving, via ipod

- 1 Listen with good headphones

So far 6 full solid listens to the album...though I woul add at least 1 additional listen to that because each song has appeared at least once in favious other music listenings this past week....Ipod playlists or shuffles/spotify/pandora/turntable...etc, but not in any kind of order or structure

Has to be atleast 50 in my truck and at home

I think you mean CA not S&A.

I've already listened to CA more.

6 full times through, 4 on my computer, 2 in the car, all post release. Didn't listen to the leaks.

11 Spins. Don't really know how to split it up,

I either listened to in the car <-Good stero system. Sounds Awesome!

Or while I'm walking with the headphones.

Only once did I get to sit down and fallow through with the booklet on the first spin. I might have to do that again, to get a real good feel.

I dunno, at least once a day all the way through (except Wish them Well) and then usually I'll listen to a song here or there at home.

I had to force myself to not listen to it on my way in to work this morning so I don't burn myself out on it.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jun 18 2012, 09:44 AM)
I think you mean CA not S&A.

Yeah, that was a brain fart......... that and the typos are why I hate posting from a shitty little phone

2. Both times through my ipod whilst gardening (kinda nice to listen to 'The Wreckers' while destroying weeds, and 'The Garden' while being, well, in my garden), and the second time through was much better than the first. Can't wait to hear it again today! (I'm taking it nice 'n' slow)

Oh, and 'The Wreckers' popped up once when I switched my ipod to shuffle....

Edited by Mika

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Jun 18 2012, 10:22 AM)
I dunno, at least once a day all the way through (except Wish them Well) and then usually I'll listen to a song here or there at home.

I had to force myself to not listen to it on my way in to work this morning so I don't burn myself out on it.

Do you mean you skip 'Wish Them Well'? You don't like it? unsure.gif

I'd never think of listening to leaks.

I got Caravan/BU2B back when they came out. I got Headlong Flight when it hit iTunes.

I may have sat and listened to CA from start to finish just once. But I've been listening to it as I drive (my commute to work isn't far enough, dang it!) and a bit on the computer, but not from start to finish.

Sometimes I listen to CA exclusively, sometimes I bring up my Rush playlist and hit random, so CA songs come up in rotation with everything else. They fit in nicely.

Given how long we had to listen to Caravan and BU2B...

Where do you start the album? On Caravan or skip ahead to Clockwork Angels?

I've found myself starting at Angels, mainly because of my short commute and wanting to hear as much of the "new" stuff as I can.

QUOTE (BriGuy @ Jun 18 2012, 01:41 PM)
Given how long we had to listen to Caravan and BU2B...

Where do you start the album? On Caravan or skip ahead to Clockwork Angels?

I've found myself starting at Angels, mainly because of my short commute and wanting to hear as much of the "new" stuff as I can.

I do both, when I'm driving home, I start at CA... just because I know the first 2 so well. When at work, I like having the whole story playing.

Pre-release I'd listen to the original Caravan/BU2B multiple times, but not enough to burnout on them...bought the single (kept sealed), downloaded from Amazon.

Downloaded Headlong Flight from Amazon. Listened to it maybe 5-10 times. Quality song, but didn't draw me in enough to keep playing it.

Gave in and streamed title track when it became available legit online...Loved it, but forced myself to only 2 full listens to keep the release day "juice".

30 sec. samples? yes.

Got fanpack last Monday. One full listen on headphones...looking for time this week for more listens. Played full album a few times on my computer with decent speakers, but I've mostly cherry picked tracks to listen to depending on mood. Trying to limit myself to keep this album fresh!

once on my computer at work.

Dozens of spins in the car.

Dozens on my ipod.

Once on the stereo at home.