Clockwork Angels is....

Tick

well i luv CA it's a great album that could have really disappointed but, having thought about it, if i had to put together a 13 track album between the best of VT, S&A and CA it would be

6 tracks from VT

4 from CA

and 3 from S&A

suppose i'm sayin VT got more better tunes on it really

Edited by lifeson90

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Jun 22 2012, 07:43 AM)
well i luv CA it's a great album that could have really disappointed but, having thought about it, if i had to put together a 13 track album between the best of VT, S&A and CA it would be

6 tracks from VT

4 from CA

and 3 from S&A

Give me the 3 from Snakes please?

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 22 2012, 07:55 AM)

6 tracks from VT

4 from CA

and 3 from S&A

Just about any song on S&A kicks ass on any on VT, IMO.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 18 2012, 08:52 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 18 2012, 08:35 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 18 2012, 08:04 AM)
Good thing that is just opinion, Tickster. S&A still ranks over CA with me. S&A is much more dynamic. While CA is in your face, S&A is easier to listen to start to finish without wall of sound mix issues. You can hear Alex's guitar much more clearly as well as Neil's drums. CA is very good, but to me, it just doesn't top S&A as a complete release.

Remember Gompers, opinions are like assholes. I happen to have an asshole, and my asshole is the right asshole.

Snakes does not hold a candle, in my humble asshole. Clockwork Angels has better crafted songs, that have more layers than a vidalia onion.

You have an opinionated asshole, as do I. Neither is right or wrong. What you like in a song and what I do are different. I like Lobster with a nice green salad a baked potato and glass of wine and you like pizza with everything possible on it and extra cheese with a pitcher of beer. Both are great meals. atickhum.gif

That makes both of you opinionated assholes laugh.gif tongue.gif

I prefer CA to S&A, although I do like the both biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 22 2012, 08:04 AM)

6 tracks from VT

4 from CA

and 3 from S&A

1. "Far Cry" 8

2. "Armor and Sword" 7

3. "Workin' Them Angels" 6

4. "The Larger Bowl (A Pantoum)" 5

5. "Spindrift" 5

6. "The Main Monkey Business" 6

7. "The Way the Wind Blows" 6

8. "Hope" 6

9. "Faithless" 5

10. "Bravest Face" 5

11. "Good News First" 5

12. "Malignant Narcissism" 7

13. "We Hold On" 4

Total 75

1. "One Little Victory" 8

2. "Ceiling Unlimited" 8

3. "Ghost Rider" 7

4. "Peaceable Kingdom" 8

5. "The Stars Look Down" 6

6. "How It Is" 7

7. "Vapor Trail" 6

8. "Secret Touch" 10

9. "Earthshine" 8

10. "Sweet Miracle" 8

11. "Nocturne" 7

12. "Freeze (Part IV of 'Fear')" 7

13. "Out Of The Cradle" 6

Total 96

Edited by Tick

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 22 2012, 06:55 AM)

6 tracks from VT

4 from CA

and 3 from S&A

far cry, armor and sword and bravest face

four from CA - Caravan, BU2B, clockwork angels and the garden (seven cities nearly crept in)

6 from VT - earthshine, secret touch, ghost rider, nocturne, out of the cradle and the stars look down (one little victory nearly crept in)

makes a darn good album to me

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jun 18 2012, 06:58 AM)
I am completely insane, but even I think that Clockwork Angels steamrolls Snakes & Arrows.

I still think that S&A is a great album, though, despite the " cool10.gif " and " wacko.gif " emoticons that some folks would hurl my way. tongue.gif

dont forget the facepalm.gif biggrin.gif

I have them ranked right next to each other 9th(CA) and 10th(S&A) on my all time list.

CA has the slight edge due to the flow and theme. I love the concept, and I love when Rush growl more than when they purr.

Both albums though are very strong and they have not had a daily double like this since Power Windows and Hold Your Fire in my book.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 22 2012, 03:58 PM)
I have them ranked right next to each other 9th(CA) and 10th(S&A) on my all time list.

CA has the slight edge due to the flow and theme. I love the concept, and I love when Rush growl more than when they purr.

Both albums though are very strong and they have not had a daily double like this since Power Windows and Hold Your Fire in my book.

name 8 Rush albums better than CA?

Edited by Tick

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 22 2012, 03:36 PM)

Errrr

I'll do it Ticky...

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Signals

Fly By Night

Power Windows

Caress of Steel

Only 9 for me...

cool.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 22 2012, 03:36 PM)

Better how?

Musically or Sonically speaking?

Musically:

Hemispheres

Power Windows

Hold Your Fire

Signals

Permanent Waves

Moving Pics

Clockwork Angels

Grace Under P

Presto

Counterparts

Sonically;

Everything up till Roll the bones is better sonically.

Everything after gets progressively worse with VT being a horrific exception.

VT is The worst even though it came before SnA, CA.

Edited by Two0neOneTwo

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 22 2012, 04:36 PM)

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

Moving Pictures

Signals

Power Windows

Grace Under Pressure

Hold Your Fire

Subjective. It's all subjective.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 22 2012, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 22 2012, 04:36 PM)

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

Moving Pictures

Signals

Power Windows

Grace Under Pressure

Hold Your Fire

Subjective. It's all subjective.

See I think CA is as good as most of them. You just can't compete against nostalgia. True fact.

Edited by Tick

Another thought to ponder....

Does anyone really think if Hold Your Fire was released now it would be hailed with the same love CA is getting? I think it would be getting ripped up personally. Not by all, but many.

I also think if CA is released in 87 when Hold Your Fire was, it would have blown peoples minds.

Yup, that's what me thinketh. atickhum.gif

Even as a big S&A fan I tend to agree. That album's bluesy sound is a nice departure but far from quintessential Rush. Meanwhile, CA hearks back to a more classic sound while still retaining the "always move forward" mantra of the band...a delicate balancing act they pulled off with aplomb.

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jun 23 2012, 09:56 AM)
Even as a big S&A fan I tend to agree. That album's bluesy sound is a nice departure but far from quintessential Rush. Meanwhile, CA hearks back to a more classic sound while still retaining the "always move forward" mantra of the band...a delicate balancing act they pulled off with aplomb.

NEW YORK METS 86!!!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 23 2012, 07:10 AM)

Does anyone really think if Hold Your Fire was released now it would be hailed with the same love CA is getting? I think it would be getting ripped up personally. Not by all, but many.

I also think if CA is released in 87 when Hold Your Fire was, it would have blown peoples minds.

Hey Tick,

Yea your right but for the wrong reasons in my humble opinion.

If HYF would have be released June 12 2012, the musicality of it would have never worked with the way mastering and mixing is done today. I think HYF would have torn up people ears.

So yea, a failure for sure.

If CA was released in 81 using Signals mastering/mixing techniques and equipment, it would have surpassed everything but Moving Pictures in my opinion.

Yea, see? Thats what us whiners are saying. Tone the album down a bit so it isn't so hot/harsh.

More sonic separation would be nice. Put MORE dynamic range in, that it currently has.

QUOTE (Two0neOneTwo @ Jun 23 2012, 03:07 PM)

Hey Tick,

If HYF would have be released June 12 2012, the musicality of it would have never worked with the way mastering and mixing is done today. I think HYF would have torn up people ears.

If CA was released in 81 using Signals mastering/mixing techniques and equipment, it would have surpassed everything but Moving Pictures in my opinion.

Yea, see? Thats what us whiners are saying. Tone the album down a bit so it isn't so hot/harsh.

More sonic separation would be nice. Put MORE dynamic range in, that it currently has.

If you say sonic one more time I will find you and hurt you! 653.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 23 2012, 02:26 PM)

Hey Tick,

If you say sonic one more time I will find you and hurt you! 653.gif

wink.gif

no.gif

Sonically?

Audiocandy?

Auditory?

Sound waves?

Audiosensoryorgasm?

Any of those better?

biggrin.gif

Edited by Two0neOneTwo

Hey Tick,

I gotta say I would be curious to hear what HYF made today would sound like... one of my favorite albums.

I know, I know, literally no one would agree with me. Whatever.

TAI SHAN 2012 1022.gif

QUOTE (AndroidOnTheRun @ Jun 23 2012, 02:51 PM)

Hey Tick,

I gotta say I would be curious to hear what HYF made today would sound like... one of my favorite albums.

TAI SHAN 2012 1022.gif

Nope, I agree. I happen to like Tai Shan.

In my opinion, (hey Tick) SONICALLY any past album re-mixed/mastered to today's standards would destroy the album.

Simple as that.

I said before in another thread, it would be AMAZING if Rush would agree to an OPEN SOURCE album. Or...even just ONE Song.

Release the master to those who have the EQ and skill and see who can take ONE album (or One Song) and make the "Best Rush" by a voting system based on Fan input.

That would keep us forever busy.....lmao

But hey, thats the kind of shit Rush fans love, the nerds we are.

For example, We know Nick and Rich's take on Caravan, release the master to say 20-30 other's (who work for us) and see what we can do with it.

Edited by Two0neOneTwo

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 22 2012, 08:23 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 22 2012, 08:04 AM)

6 tracks from VT

4 from CA

and 3 from S&A

1. "Far Cry" 8

2. "Armor and Sword" 7

3. "Workin' Them Angels" 6

5. "Spindrift" 5

6. "The Main Monkey Business" 6

7. "The Way the Wind Blows" 6

8. "Hope" 6

9. "Faithless" 5

10. "Bravest Face" 5

11. "Good News First" 5

12. "Malignant Narcissism" 7

13. "We Hold On" 4

Total 75

1. "One Little Victory" 8

2. "Ceiling Unlimited" 8

3. "Ghost Rider" 7

4. "Peaceable Kingdom" 8

5. "The Stars Look Down" 6

6. "How It Is" 7

7. "Vapor Trail" 6

8. "Secret Touch" 10

9. "Earthshine" 8

10. "Sweet Miracle" 8

11. "Nocturne" 7

12. "Freeze (Part IV of 'Fear')" 7

Total 96

1. "Far Cry" 10

2. "Armor and Sword" 9

3. "Workin' Them Angels" 9

5. "Spindrift" 9

6. "The Main Monkey Business" 8

7. "The Way the Wind Blows" 10

8. "Hope" 10

9. "Faithless" 10

10. "Bravest Face" 5

11. "Good News First" 8

12. "Malignant Narcissism" 10

13. "We Hold On" 6

Total 109

1. "One Little Victory" 10

2. "Ceiling Unlimited" 8

3. "Ghost Rider" 4

4. "Peaceable Kingdom" 4

5. "The Stars Look Down" 5

6. "How It Is" 10

7. "Vapor Trail" 6

8. "Secret Touch" 8

9. "Earthshine" 7

10. "Sweet Miracle" 2

11. "Nocturne" 4

12. "Freeze (Part IV of 'Fear')" 6

Total 80

QUOTE (Two0neOneTwo @ Jun 23 2012, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (AndroidOnTheRun @ Jun 23 2012, 02:51 PM)

Hey Tick,

TAI SHAN 2012 1022.gif

Nope, I agree. I happen to like Tai Shan.

In my opinion, (hey Tick) SONICALLY any past album re-mixed/mastered to today's standards would destroy the album.

Simple as that.

I said before in another thread, it would be AMAZING if Rush would agree to an OPEN SOURCE album. Or...even just ONE Song.

Release the master to those who have the EQ and skill and see who can take ONE album (or One Song) and make the "Best Rush" by a voting system based on Fan input.

That would keep us forever busy.....lmao

But hey, thats the kind of shit Rush fans love, the nerds we are.

For example, We know Nick and Rich's take on Caravan, release the master to say 20-30 other's (who work for us) and see what we can do with it.

http://www.cartoonpictures5.com/i/sonic-the-hedgehog-44-364x600.jpg