Earliest Rush concert

Earthshine

Is it possible that I have never posted in this thread??

(Yes, it is- I just read through the whole blasted thing).

First Rush show was at Riverfront Coliseum, Cincinnati, OH- 6 March 1990. I had been listening to them for ten years at that point, missed some incredible shows I’m sure, if I’d been able to go earlier. But in March of ‘90, I was still not quite even 17 years old. Went by myself. Loved every second of it.

Xanadu into YYZ into Neil’s drum solo…I had reached prog rock Valhalla.

• Like 3

Just wondering when everyone saw Rush for the first time? Really curious if anyone here saw them with the late, great John Rutsey or on Neil's first tour with the band.

June 11th, 1977

Just wondering when everyone saw Rush for the first time? Really curious if anyone here saw them with the late, great John Rutsey or on Neil's first tour with the band.

June 11th, 1977

Amazing coincidence. You had a cameo in a dream I had last night: My family and I were visiting some sort of water-themed amusement park and we ran into you. Introductions were made. You seemed slightly disappointed.

• Like 1

11/30/1987 - Capital Center in Largo MD.

Guess this was close to being my first show as well.

Hampton Coliseum and Cap Center were about the same distance where I grew up (Richmond) with Hampton being slightly closer.

Had tickets to Hampton Coliseum which was a couple nights before the Cap Center show. Drove down (actually rode with my parents as I was 15 at the time) and we learned that the concert was being postponed due to Geddy having laryngitis. Luckily it got rescheduled to January and have been obsessed with seeing live music ever since.

• Like 1

11/30/1987 - Capital Center in Largo MD.

Guess this was close to being my first show as well.

Hampton Coliseum and Cap Center were about the same distance where I grew up (Richmond) with Hampton being slightly closer.

Had tickets to Hampton Coliseum which was a couple nights before the Cap Center show. Drove down (actually rode with my parents as I was 15 at the time) and we learned that the concert was being postponed due to Geddy having laryngitis. Luckily it got rescheduled to January and have been obsessed with seeing live music ever since.

Yours was November 28th, 1987.

I might have met you in 2007 at Snakes and Arrows. I don't know if you were there or not at Nissan Pavilion/Jiffy Lube Live.

RTB Tour 92 Sheffield , United Kingdom (and every tour after that). I was lucky enough to have moved to US for grad school in 93, so the streak never came to an end. Though it was in serious danger when I was roofied before the Newark NJ show on the Clockwork Angels tour. Ended up passing out in the Arena and missing the show. Thankfully they extended that tour and I went to AC. Though my car dig break down (breaks) on way back. Edited by exiledyorkie

RTB Tour 92 Sheffield , United Kingdom (and every tour after that). I was lucky enough to have moved to US for grad school in 93, so the streak never came to an end. Though it was in serious danger when I was roofied before the Newark NJ show on the Clockwork Angels tour. Ended up passing out in the Arena and missing the show. Thankfully they extended that tour and I went to AC. Though my car dig break down (breaks) on way back.

at least it didn't break down on the way there, lol.

2 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Presto Tour in Albany at the Knick (now MVP arena).  It was, what 1990 or 91?  

Presto was my first tour as well.  Sacramento, CA

I've probably responded in this thread already, but happy to share again.

P/G tour. MSG, September 84'.  Alex running around the stage like a 12 year old, the lasers.... the drum solo. What a great night.

Fastway opened up, and the audience abused the hell out of them. To the point that Eddie said something to the effect of "OK, just one more song" Funny then, sad now.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

Feb 25th, 1979, Municipal Auditorium, Austin, Texas. "Tour of the Hemispheres" April Wine opened.

Municipal Auditorium was probably about a 6000 seat venue. It was insanely loud.

10/1/77: AFTK tour with UFO opening at the Santa Monica Civic. I think I spent $10.00 for an 8th row seat.

It was pretty mindblowing for a 15 year old. Never missed a tour since.

• Like 3

On 3/26/2023 at 9:04 PM, YYZ Working Man said:

Grace Under pressure  Maple Leaf Gardens Toronto Sept 21 1984 . 1st row floors seat #2 ged side.

That's really up front!  Can you see yourself in the GUP video?!

• Like 1

i only saw rush twice,once in roanoke,va on the exit stage left 81 tour and in 2015 on the r40 tour in greensboro nc with my then 18year old son.i have all of the studio releases and live releases and all of neil,s books on motor and bicycling the world.been a rush and zep fan since 1st hearing them in 1977