Earliest Rush concert

Earthshine

2 days after my 14th birthday 7/17/04 MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Time of my life! Got to see Rush 9 more times after that night between Phoenix and Las Vegas including 2 of the last 4 on the R40 tour.

July 17, 2004 MGM Grand Garden Arena Las Vegas, Nevada

July 27, 2007 Cricket Wireless Pavillion Phoenix, Arizona

July 28, 2007 MGM Grand Garden Arena Las Vegas, Nevada

May 1, 2008 Cricket Pavilion Phoenix, Arizona

August 14, 2010 MGM Grand Garden Arena Las Vegas, Nevada

June 16, 2011 US Airways Center Phoenix, Arizona

June 24, 2011 MGM Grand Garden Arena Las Vegas, Nevada

November 25, 2012 US Airways Center Phoenix, Arizona

July 25, 2015 MGM Grand Garden Arena Las Vegas, Nevada

July 27, 2015 US Airways Center Phoenix, Arizona

Edited by Showdonttell25
  • Like 1

Power Windows tour, Seattle Coliseum, May 1986. Stood on the floor about 15 rows back. There were no chairs/seats on the floor and your spot was where you ended up. Festival standing I call it.

I was with a girlfriend who helped make me a Rush fan. I of course knew who they were and had 2112 and listened to them somewhat casually before meeting her. She however, was heavily into them and played them all the time and over time they got under my skin and are still residing there. laugh.gif Turning me onto Rush was one of the few positive things I can say about her.

Oh, and I in turn got her into The Doors.

Had it wrong. P/G tour. Tacoma was right and the rest of the story is as well.

Had various albums especially 2112, Power Windows, A Farewell to Kings and Permanent Waves but the Hold Your Fire tour in the UK was the 1st time I saw them.

I cannot believe that I never posted in this thread back in the day! Oh well, I shall do so now.

It was February 17, 1990 - The opening show on the Presto Tour!

The location was in the Greenville Memorial Auditorium in Greenville, South Carolina.

https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/tourdates.php#PRESTO

Some friends and I had tickets and we were on our way back from Atlanta for a fun weekend, and it was a great show (naturally). The first time we heard the rather wacky combination of Xanadu & Superconductor!

Mr. Big opened for them, and I just remember thinking that guy on bass can really play. "That guy" turned out to be Billy Sheehan, of course.

1982 - Signals "New World Tour".

Phenomenal..

Setlist:

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Freewill

Digital Man

Subdivisions

Vital Signs

The Camera Eye

Closer to the Heart

Chemistry

The Analog Kid

Broon's Bane

The Trees

Red Barchetta

The Weapon

New World Man

Limelight

Countdown

Encore:

2112 Part I: Overture

2112 Part II: The Temples of Syrinx

Xanadu

La Villa Strangiato

In the Mood

YYZ/Drum Solo

See it here (how lucky is this?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX8DUUAQZVc

Dig the Expos jersey on Geddy at end...

I will tell you when they played In The Mood at the end of shows, it was so cool....

Edited by lerxt1990

September 1984. P/G Tour at MSG.

I've seen them 28 times. At least once on every tour since 1984 as they've passed through NJ/NJ. 2 times for HYF (Rutherford NJ and MSG), and 2 times per tour from T4E until the end. (SNA Tour, 3 times).

Edited by grep

2 days after my 14th birthday 7/17/04 MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

One week after my 14th birthday, Feb 25th 1979, Municipal Auditorium (3000 seats, maybe?), Austin, Texas, Hemispheres tour (April Wine opened).

December 1st, 1978. Dayton Hara Arena. Hemispheres tour. I remember they started with Bastille Day and played pretty much all of Hemispheres. It was awesome. I was about 10 ft from the stage right smack dab in the middle.
  • Like 1

April 29, 1986 -- Kansas City, MO. Kemper Arena, Power Windows Tour. It was my mom's birthday, but she and my dad drove me (I couldn't drive yet) the two hours to KC and dropped me and my brother off at the show. They went out to eat, and then sat in the car until the show was over!

Good times.

While I knew this was your first show, hearing these details is nice (not to mention mighty trusting parents - dropping their children off at a big arena right next to a river).

My first show was August 1, 2002 in Bonner Springs. Had I been into them more and been able to swing it, 1997 may have been my first time.

• Like 1

April 1988, SECC Glasgow on the HYF tour.

I'd only got into them after their previous visit to Scotland in 1983 and it was a loooong wait for their return. The anticipation was insane!

Unfortunately that insanity was widespread among the 10,000 strong general admission audience and it wasn't the most pleasurable concert experience I've had.

Sadly, it wasn't until 07/29/2004. R30 Tour, at what was then known as the Sound Advice Ampitheater, West Palm Beach, FL. I say sadly because I wish it would have been much, much sooner. I can only envision them in Cobo. That would have been righteous.

I missed this thread so chiming in now. R30 June 30 2004. I wasn't a fan yet, took my sister for her birthday. It was great but didn't know their catalog. Became a TRF member much later and saw 2 more concerts and really enjoyed them :rush: :haz:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

Mine was Snakes and Arrows in 2008. I was only 10, only knew their popular stuff and had a hard time staying awake. I don't remember a whole lot from it. So I barely count it as a concert I attended, but I was there. For the CA show I was fully present both physically and mentally. Opening night too, I was the first to hear all the CA material live!
  • Like 3

My first show was September 21st, 1984 - the GUP tour at Maple Leaf Gardens. It's pretty cool to have your first show happen to be professionally filmed, because it keeps the memory of it so present in your mind.

(I never really think about it this way - but I was at all 3 Toronto shows that they filmed - this one, the T4E show they didn't release until many years later, and the R40 show - which I haven't even seen...)

I can remember everything so clearly about the '84 show...including the insane anticipation heading to the Gardens, the smell of hash smoke and that loud woooosh of the audience as the lights when back down after Red Rider had opened. It was SO exciting.

• Like 1

My first show was September 21st, 1984 - the GUP tour at Maple Leaf Gardens. It's pretty cool to have your first show happen to be professionally filmed, because it keeps the memory of it so present in your mind.

(I never really think about it this way - but I was at all 3 Toronto shows that they filmed - this one, the T4E show they didn't release until many years later, and the R40 show - which I haven't even seen...)

I can remember everything so clearly about the '84 show...including the insane anticipation heading to the Gardens, the smell of hash smoke and that loud woooosh of the audience as the lights when back down after Red Rider had opened. It was SO exciting.

I think that was my first concert, also. I have asked an old high school buddy for confirmation, his mom worked at CHUM and got us tickets. It was amazing!

• Like 1

I think that was my first concert, also. I have asked an old high school buddy for confirmation, his mom worked at CHUM and got us tickets. It was amazing!

Wasn't my first but I was there also!

• Like 2

The first, and earliest Rush concert I attended to in person was their "Grace Under Pressure Tour" in Toronto, ON., at Maple Leaf Gardens. With them performing for three straight nights in a row from, and on Sept. 20-22, 1984, I don't remember what night it was. I remember the backup band, and group was "Red Rider".
  • Like 2