Earliest Rush concert

Earthshine

QUOTE (billybobjoe1881 @ Jul 28 2012, 01:55 AM)
September 30, 2012 is going to be my first show. RUSH played at my friends Mom's high school grad in 73 and she left the dance early because she couldn't stand Geddys voice. doh.gif

She had no idea what she was witnessing at that time tongue.gif

My first was just last year, April 13th here in Toledo. I've only been a fan for a few years. I had crappy seats way in the back and I left the show with very little hearing smile.gif

April 13th. 1979. 5th. row center and the stub has $7.75 face value. I can't remember who opened for Rush that night. The one thing I can remember was that I liked their music before I went to the show, and after seeing them live, the deal has been sealed ever since. My stub is posted at Eric's Power Windows site, if I could figure out this scanner I would put it here, it is my favorite stub of my 30 or so. Only had 1st row 2 times out of all the shows.

QUOTE (ytserush @ Jul 13 2012, 03:46 PM)
Marillion opened with Misplaced Childhood March 31, 1986 at the Meadowlands.

Wish I'd seen those Radio City shows in mid-September 1983.

Me too! Do you still live in Jersey?

QUOTE (Mark_L @ Jul 14 2012, 05:11 PM)
September 10, 2002 in Edmonton. I was 14 years old and had been listening to Rush for only a few months. Of course, that show cemented Rush fandom for me cool.gif

That was also my first show and it blew my mind. I can't beliebe how long ago that was already. I wasn't a huge fan before, only had PW and MP, after that I went out to get the whole catalog. We were in the 3 row in the floor in front of Geddy and my friend had this rediculously large arfo (white guy) which was halarious and at one point I will never forget Alex walking over to Geddy's side, Geddy points to us and Alex did a little chuckle as he strummed the next chord. Awesome!

My first show was February 28, 1986, at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Ontario. I wasn't really into Power Windows (I'm still not), so I was a bit disappointed at the lack of older material. I can't remember much else about the show.

-Jane

2.gif

Moving Pictures tour, 1981, Glens Falls Civic Center, Glens Falls New York.

I actually didn't go as a fan, but was working security at the event. I was only 16, but had connections at the venue so was able to "work security" for most all events there. I recall it being a great show, but my most vivid memory was more job related.

I was assigned to the mixing board/lighting control board area on the floor. The risers that the gear was set up on weren't high enough for Howard and the sound guy to see over the heads of the folks on the floor, who were all standing on their seats. I was asked by the band's "people" to go row by row and ask everyone to not stand on the chairs. Care to guess how that went?

Edited by The Mighty Dudad

This is a really old thread but the first time I saw them was the Time Machine Tour on June 12th 2011 at the Frank Erwin Center. I saw them for the second and last time during R40 at the 360 Amphitheater on May 16th 2015. I'm a really young fan so getting to see them at all was a really big deal.
  • Like 3

April 29, 1986 -- Kansas City, MO. Kemper Arena, Power Windows Tour. It was my mom's birthday, but she and my dad drove me (I couldn't drive yet) the two hours to KC and dropped me and my brother off at the show. They went out to eat, and then sat in the car until the show was over!

Good times.

• Like 3

Sadly, it wasn't until 07/29/2004. R30 Tour, at what was then known as the Sound Advice Ampitheater, West Palm Beach, FL. I say sadly because I wish it would have been much, much sooner. I can only envision them in Cobo. That would have been righteous.
  • Like 1