Earliest Rush concert

Earthshine

My old man saw them in '78 with Max Webster opening in Kingston Ontario. Just some random small venue. They played just about all of A Farewell to Kings. I'll dig up the setlist.

EDIT: Here it is...

Bastille Day

Lakeside Park

By-Tor and the Snow Dog (abbreviated)->

Xanadu

A Farewell to Kings

Something For Nothing

Cygnus X-1

Anthem (dropped from 12/10/77, 2/17 & 2/23/78 shows)

Closer To The Heart

2112 (minus Oracle)

Working Man

Fly by Night

In The Mood

Drum Solo

Encore: Cinderella Man

Edited by UltimoGuitarist

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 5 2012, 02:09 AM)
QUOTE (Transcendent Pilgrim @ Jul 5 2012, 02:27 AM)
Nov in San Jose will be my first. I've been a fan since 1980 but it seems  like every tour something comes up that keeps me from going. Hell it's already started this time. Shortly after I learned the tour dates my wife lost her job. Don't care though. I'm going to this show even if it means going solo due to lack of funds. How many more chances am I likely to get?

That sucks man.

You will go to a Rush gig.

It is your destiny.

trink38.gif

Yes I will, this year. Already worked it out with the wife. We are going to scrimp and save so that she can go see her favorite - Pat Benatar, and I can see 2.gif .

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 3 2012, 06:00 PM)
June 8th, 1984 at the Astrodome. I believe they reference it as a disastrous attempt to play to a larger than normal audience before the success of the Rush In Rio concerts. In retrospect, the sound quality was dicey. But, it was a Texxas Jam with Gary Moore, Bryan Adams, Ozzy Osbourne, 38 Special, and Rush. That was good enough for me.

Hey, I thought I recognized you ... I was there too! bekloppt.gif

My first Rush show was at the Hollywood Sportatorium in Florida, Signals tour.

QUOTE (Transcendent Pilgrim @ Jul 4 2012, 09:27 AM)
Nov in San Jose will be my first. I've been a fan since 1980 but it seems like every tour something comes up that keeps me from going. Hell it's already started this time. Shortly after I learned the tour dates my wife lost her job. Don't care though. I'm going to this show even if it means going solo due to lack of funds. How many more chances am I likely to get?

I'll be there too!

2.gif

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 18 2012, 11:56 AM)
3/17/83 & 3/18/83

Went to back to back nights in Hollywood Florida for the Signals tour. I was 13 and just in awe of it all. I had the crappiest seats all the way in the rear of the arena....but it did not matter. This was my first rock concerts ever to boot. I will never forget it. I don't remember some of it....but I do remember certain things. Like the ho hum crowd reaction to all the stuff off Signals and anytime Geddy would say here is a new one off Signals and the groaning from some people around me...I was like WTF are you crazy??? This is amazing stuff!!!

And TCE being played at an insane pace....like they were on cocaine!

Anyway great times.

Ahhhh The Hollywood Sportatorium.

These were my first two shows and I was 17 at the time.

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Jul 14 2012, 07:50 AM)
March 20,1986 Power Windows Tour
Market Square Arena, Indianapolis

My mom gave me hell because I came home stoned, but she did let me skip school the next day!

cool10.gif Those days are long since over!

March 20 - good date for a Rush show. It's my birthday. tongue.gif

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 14 2012, 05:19 AM)
QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Jul 14 2012, 07:50 AM)
March 20,1986  Power Windows Tour
                          Market Square Arena, Indianapolis

My mom gave me hell because I came home stoned, but she did let me skip school the next day!

cool10.gif  Those days are long since over!

March 20 - good date for a Rush show. It's my birthday. tongue.gif

Happy belated birthday grey!!!! Mine in the 5th of March. BTW....what tour is your shirt from? It looks old school!

trink39.gif

Here you go:

The Spirit Of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Freewill

Digital Man

Subdivisions

Vital Signs

Closer To The Heart

The Analog Kid

Broon's Bane

The Trees

Red Barchetta

The Weapon

New World Man

Limelight

Countdown

Encore:

2112 - Overture - The Temples Of Syrinx

Xanadu

La Villa Strangiato

In The Mood

YYZ

Drum Solo

YYZ

February 24, 1983, Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Phoenix, AZ on the Signals tour. Golden Earring opened - good band. It was my very first concert for any band. My mother dropped off a friend and me and his mother picked us up. We were 15.

30 years ago during these very months, I was discovering the catalog through ESL and still couldn't stop playing MP on my Sanyo portable cassette player. "That bass is the coolest sound I've ever heard in my life", I recall thinking. Love at first listen.

heart.gif

QUOTE (cygnusthecat @ Jul 13 2012, 07:24 PM)
3/17/83 & 3/18/83

Went to back to back nights in Hollywood Florida for the Signals tour. I was 13 and just in awe of it all. I had the crappiest seats all the way in the rear of the arena....but it did not matter. This was my first rock concerts ever to boot. I will never forget it. I don't remember some of it....but I do remember certain things. Like the ho hum crowd reaction to all the stuff off Signals and anytime Geddy would say here is a new one off Signals and the groaning from some people around me...I was like WTF are you crazy??? This is amazing stuff!!!

Anyway great times.

Ahhhh The Hollywood Sportatorium.

These were my first two shows and I was 17 at the time.

They probably were on cocaine..Everyone was on coke,back then.

almost everyone,anyways...I know I was!! yes.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Those were some wild crazy times back then. cool10.gif

At the mecca...Cobo Hall - Detroit December 1977 with Max Webster.

I'm still upset my parents wouldn't let me go to the only concert they had in my hometown of Windsor in 1975. I was too young for drug-induced rock music. cool10.gif

3/17/83 & 3/18/83

Anyway great times.

Look at this:

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/tours/830317ticket.jpg

$10.75, 50 cent parking fee included!! Holy shit, those were the days!!

Last year .. .. .... ... yeah I've only managed to see them this recently...

curses for only becoming a fan from 2008 sad.gif

September 30, 2012 is going to be my first show. RUSH played at my friends Mom's high school grad in 73 and she left the dance early because she couldn't stand Geddys voice. doh.gif Edited by billybobjoe1881