Earliest Rush concert

Earthshine

QUOTE (RUSHian62 @ Jun 26 2012, 12:59 PM)
January 1979 Hemispheres Tour Springfield, MA
I made a banner of the brains!
We had to travel through a blizzard to get there, it was awesome!!!

Gah! If only I had been born 24 years earlier- I could've gone to that show!!! doh.gif

QUOTE (masque @ Jun 25 2012, 03:54 PM)
march 6, 1990 on the Presto tour with mr. big opening.

Were we at the same show? March 3rd in Kansas City?!?!

QUOTE (Curly @ Jun 26 2012, 09:03 AM)
1977, I think it was May. Rush, Styx, Starcastle and Max Webster. I still have the ticket stub somewhere. Cost of ticket........$5

hahaha Starcastle!

I got one of their records on vinyl for 80 cents I think...one of the biggest Yes rip-offs I ever heard

QUOTE (analog guy @ Jun 23 2012, 03:59 PM)
June 27, 1992, Alpine Valley Music Theatre in Wisconsin on the second to last night of the Roll the Bones tour. I was 15 and just finished 9th grade.

It's unthinkable to me that in four days, it'll be 20 years on from then.

Never mind. I'm confusing this with the Presto show I saw there.

Edited by ILSnwdog

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 26 2012, 08:51 PM)
QUOTE (Curly @ Jun 26 2012, 09:03 AM)
1977, I think it was May. Rush, Styx, Starcastle and Max Webster. I still have the ticket stub somewhere. Cost of ticket........$5

hahaha Starcastle!

I got one of their records on vinyl for 80 cents I think...one of the biggest Yes rip-offs I ever heard

A bit of music trivia: Starcastle's singer Terry Lutrell was also the singer on REO Speedwagon's first album.

QUOTE (analog guy @ Jun 23 2012, 02:59 PM)
June 27, 1992, Alpine Valley Music Theatre in Wisconsin on the second to last night of the Roll the Bones tour. I was 15 and just finished 9th grade.

It's unthinkable to me that in four days, it'll be 20 years on from then.

Found a bootleg, albeit a strange sounding one, to enjoy tonight just in time for the 20th anniversary smile.gif

mine was in 2008 in Detroit. i was 21. i had only just became a fan about a year earlier. the tickets were a wedding present from my in-laws. smile.gif

not only do i wish i had discovered Rush when i was younger(since i actually got into Fleetwood Mac when i was 13), but i wish so very badly that i could time travel back to see Rush on all of the different tours they've done. kind of heartbreaking. sad.gif

QUOTE (2112th Man @ Jun 30 2012, 05:27 AM)
Grace under Pressure... The Omni... Atlanta.

Would've caught the Signals tour but had to get my wisdom teeth pulled... smile.gif

Man it would have been wiser to keep your wisdom teeth one day longer to see the 'Signals' show. wink.gif

First RUSH live show:

Rush & UFO - Santa Monica Civic Auditorium (Santa Monica, CA) - October 2, 1977

Setlist:

Bastille Day

Lakeside Park

By-Tor And The Snow Dog

Xanadu

A Farewell To Kings

Something For Nothing

Cygnus X-1

Anthem

Closer To The Heart

Working Man

Fly By Night

In The Mood

Drum Solo

Encore: Cinderella Man

June 8th, 1984 at the Astrodome. I believe they reference it as a disastrous attempt to play to a larger than normal audience before the success of the Rush In Rio concerts. In retrospect, the sound quality was dicey. But, it was a Texxas Jam with Gary Moore, Bryan Adams, Ozzy Osbourne, 38 Special, and Rush. That was good enough for me.

1977-Rush and BOC (Blue Oyster Cult). Rush was the opening act and BOC couldn't compare. They were good but Rush was better and rocked the house out.

Nov in San Jose will be my first. I've been a fan since 1980 but it seems like every tour something comes up that keeps me from going. Hell it's already started this time. Shortly after I learned the tour dates my wife lost her job. Don't care though. I'm going to this show even if it means going solo due to lack of funds. How many more chances am I likely to get?

QUOTE (Transcendent Pilgrim @ Jul 5 2012, 02:27 AM)
Nov in San Jose will be my first. I've been a fan since 1980 but it seems like every tour something comes up that keeps me from going. Hell it's already started this time. Shortly after I learned the tour dates my wife lost her job. Don't care though. I'm going to this show even if it means going solo due to lack of funds. How many more chances am I likely to get?

That sucks man.

You will go to a Rush gig.

It is your destiny.

trink38.gif