Earliest Rush concert

Earthshine

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 18 2012, 10:52 AM)
September 1977. biggrin.gif 2.gif

I'm jealous! Was 1982 or 83 for me...can't remember right now old.gif

April 1, 1983 Hartford Connecticut

I have every ticket from every show I ever went to. This one is framed professionally with an autographed album of signals by all 3. I have the shirt I bought and the program.

June 20, 1997 - Test For Echo tour @ Nissan Pavilion (Bristow, VA). I was 12 years old. Went into the show a boy - came out of the show a MAN yes.gif tongue.gif

1981 Moving Pictures

Hollywood Sportatorium, Hollywood, FL

Got tear gassed and crushed against a chain link fence in a muddy melee' with cops. I was 18.

Worst concert arena ever. We called it the "Distortatorium"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Sportatorium

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 18 2012, 09:44 AM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 18 2012, 12:11 PM)

3/1976, 2112 tour  1022.gif

ohmy.gif

Yeah, ED, I'm old tongue.gif actually I was 12. I got in to this band at that age and a female to boot. There were so many shows where I was the ONLY girl in the audience!

1983 @ Radio City Music Hall, NYC. Rush were doing a sold out 5 night stand and previewing songs that would wind up on GUP. I was 13, and to this day it remains the single greatest concert experience of my life. 1022.gif

P.S. Marillion opened and literally got booed off the stage. It was the 5th night and Fish (singer) was fed up with the hostile crowd.

Edited by Jmo2112

QUOTE (johndyar @ Jun 18 2012, 01:07 PM)
December, 1974 at the Cleveland Agora was the first time. Next was a year later in 1975 (November I think) at the Akron Civic Theater opening for Ted Nugent. They played The Necromancer!

As Bubbles would say, "Oh my f@#$!" That's awesome! trink39.gif common001.gif 653.gif

Power Windows tour, Seattle Coliseum, May 1986. Stood on the floor about 15 rows back. There were no chairs/seats on the floor and your spot was where you ended up. Festival standing I call it.

I was with a girlfriend who helped make me a Rush fan. I of course knew who they were and had 2112 and listened to them somewhat casually before meeting her. She however, was heavily into them and played them all the time and over time they got under my skin and are still residing there. laugh.gif Turning me onto Rush was one of the few positive things I can say about her.

Oh, and I in turn got her into The Doors.

HYF tour, Jan. 88, Jackson, MS...in a venue that sucked so badly they chose never to return. (and it's still sucking today) Half-full arena, lame crowd...it's no wonder they haven't been back.

I still have my red HYF balloon. It's a little smaller now, though. biggrin.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (friendlyvoice @ Jun 19 2012, 05:52 PM)
HYF tour, Jan. 88, Jackson, MS...in a venue that sucked so badly they chose never to return. (and it's still sucking today) Half-full arena, lame crowd...it's no wonder they haven't been back.

I still have my red HYF balloon. It's a little smaller now, though. biggrin.gif

Probably has to do more with Mississippi than the venue....I kid, I kid.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 19 2012, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (johndyar @ Jun 18 2012, 01:07 PM)
December, 1974 at the Cleveland Agora was the first time. Next was a year later in 1975 (November I think) at the Akron Civic Theater opening for Ted Nugent. They played The Necromancer!

As Bubbles would say, "Oh my f@#$!" That's awesome! trink39.gif common001.gif 653.gif

I tried to make the Summer 1974 show at the Cleveland Agora that ended up being recorded and played on WMMS (radio station) and lately released on CD as "ABC 1974" but couldn't get a ride. I remember that the 1975 Akron show ticket price was $5.65 (I had to borrow the money from my Mom who was in the hospital at the time!)

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 19 2012, 04:54 PM)
QUOTE (friendlyvoice @ Jun 19 2012, 05:52 PM)

I still have my red HYF balloon. It's a little smaller now, though.  biggrin.gif

Probably has to do more with Mississippi than the venue....I kid, I kid.

laugh.gif Little of both, I think. It's never been prime Rush territory. As long as they keep playing Atlanta, Nashville, New Orleans, etc, that works for me.

QUOTE (AndroidOnTheRun @ Jun 19 2012, 12:24 AM)
I'm a young'un... R30 tour, 31 May 2004, Pittsburgh, PA.

Saw them with my Dad, who told me about how he'd never heard of them before when he saw them for the first time, as an opening act for Manfred Mann and Uriah Heep, and they blew his mind.  It was at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh, 30 years earlier... the fateful first show ever with Neil! drool1.gif

Not often you'll hear a teenager say, "Holy shit, Dad, you're the coolest." cool.gif

Damn, your dad is the coolest.

Rush opening for Manfred Mann. That's pretty funny. Everybody's gotta start somewhere, eh?

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 17 2012, 09:02 PM)
Just wondering when everyone saw Rush for the first time? Really curious if anyone here saw them with the late, great John Rutsey or on Neil's first tour with the band.

1984 GUP Tour at the Cow Palace.

I was 16!