Earliest Rush concert

Earthshine

December, 1974 at the Cleveland Agora was the first time. Next was a year later in 1975 (November I think) at the Akron Civic Theater opening for Ted Nugent. They played The Necromancer!
  • Like 1

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 17 2012, 11:02 PM)
Just wondering when everyone saw Rush for the first time? Really curious if anyone here saw them with the late, great John Rutsey or on Neil's first tour with the band.

I personally didn't but my girlfriends grandfather, just happened to see them at a park in Ohio, right after the first album he said they opened for someone I suggested Uriah Heep? He said yeah I think it would have to be them.

I said, I'm going to see Rush this fall

He was taken back a bit surprised they were still around, I said one of the biggest bands in the world now.

Hemispheres tour, January 30, 1979. General admission, up front right under Geddy's mic. I could reach out and touch his platform shoes! Toto opened. Tickets were $6.50 advance.

Here's the set list:

Anthem

A Passage to Bangkok

By-Tor and the Snow Dog (abbreviated)->

Xanadu

Something For Nothing

The Trees

Cygnus X-1

Hemispheres

Closer To The Heart

Circumstances

A Farewell to Kings

La Villa Strangiato

2112 (minus Oracle)

Working Man

Bastille Day

In The Mood

Drum Solo

• Like 1

P/G Tour - September 15, 1984 at the Glens Falls (NY) Civic Center.

Fastway opened. My floor tickets (~15th row) were $13.50.

(I paid more in ticketmaster service charges for the new tour.)

September 23, 1980:  Moving Pictures Warm-up tour.

:alex: :Neil:   :geddy:

Edited by Principled Man

Mine was the HYF tour in Chicago in early 1988. It was not only my first Rush concert, it was also my first concert period. If memory serves, I paid about 30 bucks for balcony seats (including the service charge). These days you're lucky if you can get into a building for that much, even for lawn seats. Tommy Shaw was the opener, and the crowd was NOT into him, aside from when he played Renegade. Since then, I've seen Rush 14 times, which will make the upcoming show in Atlanta my 15th Rush show.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 18 2012, 06:59 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 18 2012, 09:52 AM)
September 1977. biggrin.gif  2.gif

I remeber when you told me that , i was all ohmy.gif

I think the ticket cost was around $7.00 or 8.00 bucks. biggrin.gif trink38.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 18 2012, 09:04 AM)

The second night of the T4E tour. We were one of the few shows that got Time & Motion new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Wow! I'm so jealous! That song is one of my top favs. 653.gif

August 24, 1979 Ivor Wynn Stadium Hamilton, Ont. Canada. PeW Warm-up Tour. TSOR & Freewill were debuted. Streetheart opened the show. This clip from youtube was recorded in soundcheck mere hours before the show started:

Ticket: $12.50

Edited by gestet2112
  • Like 1

QUOTE (gestet2112 @ Jun 18 2012, 10:06 PM)
August 24, 1979 Ivor Wynn Stadium Hamilton, Ont. Canada. PeW Warm-up Tour. TSOR & Freewill were debuted. Streetheart opened the show. This clip from youtube was recorded in soundcheck mere hours before the show started: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtaWGojQb8I
Ticket: $12.50

Cool!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm a young'un... R30 tour, 31 May 2004, Pittsburgh, PA.

Saw them with my Dad, who told me about how he'd never heard of them before when he saw them for the first time, as an opening act for Manfred Mann and Uriah Heep, and they blew his mind. It was at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh, 30 years earlier... the fateful first show ever with Neil! drool1.gif

Not often you'll hear a teenager say, "Holy shit, Dad, you're the coolest." cool.gif

• Like 1