Garden guiar solo

rushfan27

Freewill, TCE, Working Man, Necromancer in addition to those already named just off the top of my head Edited by laughedatbytime

QUOTE (av450 @ Jun 17 2012, 09:10 PM)
I'm actually very disappointed with that solo. With all the hype it got I was expecting more.

I'd agree. It's good, but not what I was expecting when I'd first read all about it.

Nonetheless, this song is phenomenal in my books.

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 17 2012, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jun 17 2012, 09:00 PM)
Freewill, TCE, Working Man, Necromancer in addition to those already named just off the top of my head

Red Barchetta!

Mission, Kid Gloves, Between the Wheels, Cut to the Chase, etc.

It's a great solo, but he has better. I'd say it's in the top 20

Edited by SchemingDemon

Nope, he's had so many excellent solo's over almost 40 years that even though it's a great one, it can't overcome everything that has come before it. With that said, it's probably one of the best solos he's done since Counterparts.

I personally think the solos from Clockwork Angels and The Anarchist are more "cooler" than The Garden (although The Garden definitely has the most emotion), so they are my favorites above The Garden, but this view may change over time. I know that may break from the majority opinion here on this forum. tongue.gif

(The Anarchist's solo reminds me of the 80s, which was my favorite Alex soloing era, so that was a bonus to that song.)

Edited by GUP1771

good solo at just the right spot and but not close - many others mentioned are so much better - Nothing touches La Villa

BTW is it just me or am i the only one that loves the solo in the Weapon?

Lifeson is one of the most underrated guitar players, ever. To try and name a best solo is impossible. At least to me it is. The Garden is one of many good ones for it's own reasons.

Not his best but very, very good. Emotional and sweet - perfect for the song. And that, IMO, is what a solo is for: to live within and bring together the whole song.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jun 18 2012, 12:26 AM)
good solo at just the right spot and but not close - many others mentioned are so much better - Nothing touches La Villa

Nope, I love it cool.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jun 18 2012, 12:26 AM)

It's definitely not just you. That's a fantastic solo. There are times I wish it got going earlier in the interlude, though.