Clockwork Angels novelization, storyline intro

Owen Hardy

Sounds cool, looking forward to it!

I work at a bookstore, and last year Kevin J. Anderson was in town to attend a signing/event at another store for one of his other books. But he swung by our store for a bit to chat with us and sign the copies of his books we had in stock. He's a super cool guy.

Edited by Bangster of Goats

Is anyone else picturing Owen as the "Star Man" from 2112 or Hemispheres? Edited by BigBob

Awesome stuff. I can't wait to read this book.

QUOTE (Owen Hardy @ Jun 18 2012, 02:52 PM)
will do, but I don't expect to know that much more until after I've read the book.

Thanks for posting. There is a lot we can extrapolate from this and the lyrics/storyline from the album.

THANK YOU!

A Clockwork Universe is a universe that is controlled by the laws of physics and nothing more. The Watchmaker makes people believe that he is the controlling force behind the scenes. The anarchist (likely) finds out the truth and fights to expose him, but loses his sense of morality in his "extreme freedom".

well put and I had not thought of it this way. I was still trying to understand the role and motivations of the Anarchist - this helps with that.

I sent away for the copy of the autographed CA sampler booklet and got it in the mail yesterday. (as offered here.) It's interesting reading the story fleshed out a little bit, and I will probably pick up a copy when it comes out in paper back.

I will give the whole thing a fair review, once I've had a chance to read it all, but I wasn't especially blown away by the sample or anything. I mean, I look forward to reading a version of the whole story, but KJA didn't strike me as a really talented writer. In the first three chapters, there were all sorts of lyrics from Rush songs sprinkled in (not CA songs - like, the Steamliners described with "the breath of a sleeping white dragon" and so on.) Also, it felt like he was trying to cram too many proper nouns into a short space, place names, character names and so forth, that could have been revealed later.

It was nice to get the autographed sampler for simply the cost of the postage ($1.30), and I'm not going to judge the novel too harshly on just the sampler.

QUOTE (Owen Hardy @ Jun 17 2012, 01:49 PM)
(I need an "I'm Owen Hardy" t-shirt to wear to the show, does anyone know where I can get one?).

I've got several...They're only $2,000.00 a copy...How many can I sign ya up for.

I'll accept cash or paypal.

Thanks for posting the story. Can't wait for the book.

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

Yeah, I see a strong resemblance between CA and Fountain of Lamneth. Wouldn't it be funny if CA was a huge commercial success based on a recasting of their worst (but not in my opinion - still spinning it occasionally) commercial showing?

I got my auto copy from KJA and enjoyed it. I started to enjoy it more at the end of the sampler, meaning the whole novel will probaly be a nice easy read. I probaly will also buy the audio book and listen in the car.