• Carnies
    • Halo Effect
    • Seven Cities of Gold
    • The Wreckers
    • Headlong Flight
    • BU2B2
    • Wish Them Well
    • The Garden

Impossible to pick. If this were a few days ago, I would have said Clockwork angle easily. Such a killer song. If I were being totally honest, I'd say Caravan as it has the most staying power by far.

Right now however, after one week, I have to say Wish Them Well. I'm really jamming along to it right now with the headphones on.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 17 2012, 11:33 PM)
EASILY Clockwork Angels, with The Garden a close-ish second.

The Anarchist is a really good track, but I don't understand how it's winning this poll. It's in my bottom 4 or 5 tracks on the album.

You just haven't gotten it yet.

You will.... you will...

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jun 17 2012, 08:43 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 17 2012, 11:33 PM)

The Anarchist is a really good track, but I don't understand how it's winning this poll.  It's in my bottom 4 or 5 tracks on the album.

You just haven't gotten it yet.

You will.... you will...

I said it was a really good track, probably even a great track. All I'm saying is there are a LOT of tracks on CA that are easily better.

QUOTE (ScottT67 @ Jun 17 2012, 07:11 PM)
I can't believe nobody has voted for Carnies! -

That song is phuckin' crunchy!

" The Glint of Iron Wheels

The smell of flint & steel...

A wheel of fate

A Game of Chance! "

Oh Yeah!!!

Clockwork Angels is definitely my favorite, but I do like Carnies a lot, too. Love the chorus and it really kicks ass.

This is the first album in a long time that I've liked 100% of. With that being said, BU2B is still my favorite tune off this album. Lyrically alone it won me over a long time ago. With the new opening to it and then the band bashes in full volume, it just sends me over the edge.

The Garden. But I really love The Wreckers and Wish Them Well. I think what I like best about the latter is the advice: wish them well, turn around and walk away, say goodbye. Made that a priority many years ago and it has made things so much easier.... yes.gif

After listen to the entire album twice (it was a Fathers Day present along with a VIP package 1022.gif ) it came down to "The Anarchist" and "Seven Cities of Gold". After very careful scientific experimentation and putting the songs throught their paces (eenie-meenie-miny-moe) I voted "Seven Cities of Gold"

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 17 2012, 10:33 PM)

The Anarchist is a really good track, but I don't understand how it's winning this poll. It's in my bottom 4 or 5 tracks on the album.

Because, hard as it is for you to understand, not everybody shares your exact opinion.

For example, you adore "Clockwork Angels" and that track is in MY bottom 4 or 5.

BTW, since you posted that, the numbers have changed and it's pretty much a three-way tie right now between Clockwork Angels, The Anarchist, and The Garden.

QUOTE (A rocket that ignites itself @ Jun 17 2012, 07:12 PM)
CA...as if to fly.

Wow... just reading that gave me goosebumps...!

I've had 'Wish Them Well' running through my head all last night, so I voted for that one, though I've only had two listens to the album so far, so we'll see how Week Two fares! 'Clockwork Angels' would be a close second fave right now.

Ah, the awesomeness of discovering and exploring a new Rush album! wub.gif