My Clockwork Angels Story

EveryNerveAware

I was eagerly waiting this Father's Day not only because I would be able to spend time with my two wonderful children, my wife and my first grandchild... but I was also anticipating receiving a copy of Clockwork Angels as a possible present. I wasn't going to listen to the new songs or read any reviews until I was able to hear it for myself so I waited, although not as patiently as I would have hoped, for this day.

I awoke this morning to my family busily preparing a delicious Belgian waffle breakfast with fruit and eggs and ... of course ... bacon bacon.gif

Sitting on the breakfast table was a small gift bag with cards sticking out of the top so I opened each one and read them aloud for all to hear and it brought a tear to my eye to have my family around me celebrating this day. I looked into the bag and there was the Clockworks Angels CD.

I felt like a kid as I opened it and promptly put it into our Playstation 3 connected to our big screen and theater sound system. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the new BU2B intro and then the first song I had never heard... Clockwork Angels. Wow... amazing. I had my 10-month old grandson next to me rocking out to each song as it played.

I switched on the PS3 visualizations which brought up the 3D waveform "rushing" by with peaks and valleys. Just as Seven Cities Of Gold started, it changed to a "Clockwork Angels" deep red color in the valleys and bright shining gold at the peaks. Flying through caverns and up through the peaks of the waveform on a 73" HD screen while the music was playing was incredible. (if you have a PS3, I highly recommend you play this CD on it with this visualization selected!)

The rest of the CD was some of the best new music I've heard in a long, long time. The Garden has to be the best song they've created in the past 20 years. My new favorite ... for now.

Well, that's my little story that is probably not that interesting to anyone else but I thought I would share part of my wonderful day.

Edited by EveryNerveAware

QUOTE (Sword and Armor @ Jun 17 2012, 12:20 PM)
Ah, quite to the contrary, that is an excellent story! I can say that Rush has been a part of some great moments in my life with my kids, so your story is not lost on me!

Thank you... glad you enjoyed it.

My 15 yr old son can't wait to see Rush live in November. (his Dad is a bit anxious as well!)

One of my best memories with rush and my son was taking him to see his first concert at age 6 at Montage Mountain in Scranton on the S&A tour.

Everyone was so cool seeing a (then) 6 year old at a Rush show, with people high fiving him and asking him what his favorite song was. While he didn't make it through the whole show, we did have a great time! A lifelong Rush fan was born that night, and he DID make it through the whole show the next summer at PNC Bank Arts Center, because "I have to see them play YYZ"

Thankyou for sharing such a great story! I'm glad you enjoyed your day and the new album!

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Jun 17 2012, 11:35 AM)
I was eagerly waiting this Father's Day not only because I would be able to spend time with my two wonderful children, my wife and my first grandchild... but I was also anticipating receiving a copy of Clockwork Angels as a possible present. I wasn't going to listen to the new songs or read any reviews until I was able to hear it for myself so I waited, although not as patiently as I would have hoped, for this day.

I awoke this morning to my family busily preparing a delicious Belgian waffle breakfast with fruit and eggs and ... of course ... bacon bacon.gif

Sitting on the breakfast table was a small gift bag with cards sticking out of the top so I opened each one and read them aloud for all to hear and it brought a tear to my eye to have my family around me celebrating this day. I looked into the bag and there was the Clockworks Angels CD.

I felt like a kid as I opened it and promptly put it into our Playstation 3 connected to our big screen and theater sound system. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the new BU2B intro and then the first song I had never heard... Clockwork Angels. Wow... amazing. I had my 10-month old grandson next to me rocking out to each song as it played.

I switched on the PS3 visualizations which brought up the 3D waveform "rushing" by with peaks and valleys. Just as Seven Cities Of Gold started, it changed to a "Clockwork Angels" deep red color in the valleys and bright shining gold at the peaks. Flying through caverns and up through the peaks of the waveform on a 73" HD screen while the music was playing was incredible. (if you have a PS3, I highly recommend you play this CD on it with this visualization selected!)

The rest of the CD was some of the best new music I've heard in a long, long time. The Garden has to be the best song they've created in the past 20 years. My new favorite ... for now.

Well, that's my little story that is probably not that interesting to anyone else but I thought I would share part of my wonderful day.

Very nice.

I took my 8 year-old daughter with me and went out to pick up my copy earlier in the week. I picked it up at Best Buy. When I went to pay for it, she took a $20 bill out of her toy purse and said, "Mommy said I should pay for this for Father's day." Had a lump in my throat.

YAY! Happy Father's Day! I'm glad you love CA!!!

The Wreckers might be your next favorite. Mine keep changing!

smile.gif

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Jun 17 2012, 11:35 AM)

Nice. Giving new Rush that first listen is akin to a kid opening Christmas presents, only it's the gift that keeps on giving!