Why not Australia?

Earthshine

Should Rush tour Australia?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rush tour Australia?

• Yes! It is WAY overdue!
    • Yes! By not playing world-wide they won't match up
    • Yes! Alex needs to ride a kangaroo!
    • Yes! The roadies need to drink more Foster's!
    • No! Neil will put off by Aussie fans!
    • No! Alex will want to move there!
    • No! Geddy will do his next solo album there!

As far as I know, Rush has never played a single concert in Australia. To me, this is not only not considerate of the thousands of Aussie Rush fans, but also makes them not match up to greats like Led Zeppelin, The Who and Pink Floyd, all who have played Australia.

It is time for Rush to play Australia!

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 17 2012, 04:30 AM)
Just because the album charts doesn't mean they'll go. It costs a TON of money to fly their equipment over. And they're not the richest band in the world, either.

not only that i just dont know if they could draw the right crowds

i remember i spoke to the promoter of soundwave (hard rock festival here) about rush, and he said "although id love to tour them as im a massive fan, they are relatively unknown in australia and it would take a hisense arena level offer to get them down here"

i still remain hopeful though

QUOTE (yyz2112 @ Jun 17 2012, 05:12 PM)
I am really curious as to how big a crowd they would pull. I am in Perth and would be surprised if they broke 5k but Melb and Sydney maybe more...

It will never happen in a million years but I would make every stop over there ideally.

I of course would love to see the boys come to our shores and this topic comes up on every tour but sadly they never come. At least it costs nothing to dream. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 17 2012, 04:52 AM)
Thankfully they release DVD's though. So that way you guys still get to experience it.

Not even close ....watching the DVD, even with the best sound system will pale in comparison to being in the arena. Its better than no rush, but live rush is the best rush.

Was that ok 1001?

QUOTE (yyz2112 @ Jun 17 2012, 12:12 AM)
I am really curious as to how big a crowd they would pull. I am in Perth and would be surprised if they broke 5k but Melb and Sydney maybe more...

Hey mate...good to see that there's at least ONE Rush fan in Perth. I lived there for a long time and no Aussie I spoke to had even so much as heard OF Rush, let alone heard the records. The only Rush fans I found there were Canadian and American expats.

I worked for Rio Tinto for 2 years, then my wife and I decided it was time to give Brazil another shot, so we came back. I usually say the two best decisions I ever made were going to Australia and coming back home.