Drum Solos

Milton Bridge

Does anyone else think like me.

I love drum solos live - Neil is god but I canot be bothered listening to them on CD - I usually fast forward through any of the solos on CD or Boot.

Am I weird. biggrin.gif

Haha you're not the only one. I do that to, sometimes. I mean, SOMETIMES if I'm listening to Different Stages, or Rio, i'll let the drum solo play. But ususally on those 2 albums for some reason, i skip the solos. I think my favorite drum solo on a live Rush album is probably Exit...Stage Left. It just sounds awesome how Neil goes right into it in the middle of YYZ, dose the solo, and goes right back into YYZ. But the only way I REALLY appreiciate his solos is by seeing him do it LIVE. Seeing it THAT way is just...incredable! yes.gif

-Matt

I kind of agree...but I kind of don't...Seeing them live is always a real treat...but on Different Stages and RIR, I very rarely skip them....Neil is God, and nobody will ever touch him...

Plus...the Different Stages solo always gives me goosebumps...There is something about that album that gets to me...It's got such a feel that it really does shine over any other live album...

NeilFinal.gif

The solos are TOTALLY badass but I only let them play if I have someone new to Rush there watching Show of Hands or Rush in Rio. It always blows them away and gets them into the fact that Neil is a flippin king with them sticks!

But as for me, I know he rules, but I wanna hear the songs more now.

I'm real !!!!!!

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Jun 12 2005, 07:37 AM)

I love drum solos live - Neil is god but I canot be bothered listening to them on CD - I usually fast forward through any of the solos on CD or Boot.

Am I weird. biggrin.gif

well, yes, i do like drum solos. Niel pert has the best solos ever!

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Jun 12 2005, 07:37 AM)

Am I weird. biggrin.gif

Ummm wow I must be the only one who still listen to the solos. wow I cant help it. watching the concerts with out watching the solos or listening to them is something I have never been able to do.... guess its a drummer thing. In the great words of Olivia newton john... " Im hopelessly devoted!

DrumDragon

QUOTE (DrumDragon @ Jun 17 2005, 01:53 PM)
Ummm wow I must be the only one who still listen to the solos. wow I cant help it. watching the concerts with out watching the solos or listening to them is something I have never been able to do.... guess its a drummer thing. In the great words of Olivia newton john... " Im hopelessly devoted!
DrumDragon

I'm with you on that. I love the drum solos anywhere. CD, DVD, live, you name it. Neil's especially. So much talent it's unreal. NeilFinal.gif trink39.gif

Archived