I Think Almost Every Song On CA....

presto123

What a comeback for me personally. I just realized that I like almost every song on CA as good as the best song on SnA.(Far Cry in my case) We tend to dismiss Caravan and BU2B because they have been out so long but I think they are equal to Far Cry and many other songs on CA are better than Far Cry.

Dude!

I will never forget when you told me that I was crazy to think that the new Van Halen album was going to be better than "Clockwork Angels."

Well shit man, you were right!!

I am a huge lover of "Snakes & Arrows."

I said years ago that it was their best album since "Grace Under Pressure."

I know I came out with a negative vibe on my first listen but I guess now I am simply just a brainwashed Rush Tool. LOL!

"Clockwork Angels" is better than "S&A." No doubt!!

Shit bud I'm still hoping that Rush will play "We Hold On" on the next tour.

What a great song!!

Then again I want "Available Light" and "Alien Shore" too!!

I can live without "Jacob's Ladder" live!

Give me "The Wreckers" and "The Garden" live.

It's going to be a great fukking TOUR!!!

Cheers!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 16 2012, 01:41 AM)
Dude!

I will never forget when you told me that I was crazy to think that the new Van Halen album was going to be better than "Clockwork Angels."

Well shit man, you were right!!

I am a huge lover of "Snakes & Arrows."
I said years ago that it was their best album since "Grace Under Pressure."

I know I came out with a negative vibe on my first listen but I guess now I am simply just a brainwashed Rush Tool. LOL!

"Clockwork Angels" is better than "S&A." No doubt!!

Shit bud I'm still hoping that Rush will play "We Hold On" on the next tour.

What a great song!!

Then again I want "Available Light" and "Alien Shore" too!!

I can live without "Jacob's Ladder" live!

Give me "The Wreckers" and "The Garden" live.

It's going to be a great fukking TOUR!!!

Cheers!

The weird thing about CA is that it is hard to comprehend on the first couple of listens by most Rush fans. It's definitely a grower of a record and I would say many of their classic records are the same way. The best thing to me is that the old Geddy and Neil are back and so are those classic Lifeson solos. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 16 2012, 02:08 AM)
I never had any doubt that the boys wouldn't deliver a killer album. After my first listen I was almost in tears because it was so fukking good! Still the greatest band ever for me!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Nice to see you here. We're always hanging in the other sub-forums this late at night. laugh.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 16 2012, 02:10 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 16 2012, 02:08 AM)
I never had any doubt that the boys wouldn't deliver a killer album. After my first listen I was almost in tears because it was so fukking good! Still the greatest band ever for me!!! 1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Nice to see you here. We're always hanging in the other sub-forums this late at night. laugh.gif

Yeah, not much action in the other sub forums tonight wink.gif Glad you liked my movie recommendation- it's a great little film. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 16 2012, 12:58 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 16 2012, 02:56 AM)
Far Cry is better than every song on CA except The Anarchist and Headlong Flight.

no.gif

Holy shit! I totally agree!!

Many songs on CA are better.

"The Garden" for instance.

I think Clockwork Angels thrashes Snakes & Arrows in general, but I'd still take Workin' Them Angels and Armor and Sword over most of CA's tunes. For what it's worth, though, I do prefer most of CA's tracks to Far Cry (which I've never been a very big fan of).

I hardly ever listen to S&A nowadays. If I do its definately Malignant Narcissism. Sometimes Working them Angels and Armor and Sword. I remember hearing those songs and going...wow...the textures/layers and melody are back for sure.

Songs on this album that I can't stop listening to -- Clockwork Angels, The Anarchist, The Wreckers, Halo Effect, The Garden...and of course Bu2b/Caravan... all have some good melodies. they're generally faster and rock out more than the best S&A songs save for MalNar and Monkey Business.

Edited by maxdistortion

It's like saying what would you prefer ? Gold or a Garbage Can . Not even close

I prefer CA over S&A overall, for sure. I wasn't a fan of S&A, and I LOVE this new one!

But I am a fan of "Far Cry," and I'd take that over "Halo Effect" (to name one song) and probably over a few other CA tunes.

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 16 2012, 03:08 AM)
I never had any doubt that the boys wouldn't deliver a killer album. After my first listen I was almost in tears because it was so fukking good! Still the greatest band ever for me!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Said Perfectly !

2.gif

I am a fan of SA..but I do give the edge to CA..just better overall. But surely more aggressive and that helps sway.

Top 5 for me for both:

Armor and sword(epic to me...love that chorus)

Far cry

Faithless

Way the wind blows

Working them angels

Clockwork angels

The garden

The wreckers

Anarchist

Headlong flight

Bottom:

Good news first(bland)

Bravest face( I like the chorus...but that geddy lee solo album sounding verse is so out of place)

Monkey busuness(good for a bit...just too long)

Larger bowl

Spindrift( coulda been a masterpiece...but that chorus...a little closer....even now I don't get it)

Bu2b2

That's it!!!

So SA has some strength at the top. But far more to do without. cA for now, doesn't have a song to skip!

Admittedly. I listen to every song on arrows for months. So time will tell CA longevity.

But angels is special I think....

Peace

So SA has good songs that hold

I just saw Roger Water's "the Wall " last night for the second time and the whole concert all I could think of was. Can you imagine Clockwork Angels with a stage production like this, the songs are so much better!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif