Touring with an Orchestra

ScottT67

I think this means the strings will be featured in one set, along with most if not all of CA, and a few others (Losing it, Nobody's Hero, Manhattan Project) which seems like alot of people on here would despise.

And then the other set and encore would feature only the non new material and no strings.. at least that's how I see it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jun 20 2012, 02:07 PM)
I think this means the strings will be featured in one set, along with most if not all of CA, and a few others (Losing it, Nobody's Hero, Manhattan Project) which seems like alot of people on here would despise.

And then the other set and encore would feature only the non new material and no strings.. at least that's how I see it.

Now, there's where you're wrong. I, for one, would NOT despise hearing any one of those songs live, as I really love every one.

I would just be surprised, especially with Losing It. yes.gif I think it's quite an assumption to think that they would do ANY song just because they have a string section...just like it would be an assumption to think that they wouldn't do certain songs because they DON'T have a string section. That fact hasn't stopped them from doing songs with strings live in the past. confused13.gif

QUOTE (shail @ Jun 21 2012, 06:12 PM)
Who give a flying shit if there is a string section. I'd rather hear live musicians than triggered strings. A live string section irks people? Wtf.

'Cause many fans feel that the magic of RUSH is that the three are making all the music. Triggers, Pedals, Keyboars what ever is on stage they are playing it.

yes.gif

In the end...

I would see Rush with a string section.

I would see Rush with a full orchestra.

I would see Rush with a high school marching band.

I would see Rush with an all-ukulele troupe.

I would see Rush with Tom Hanks playing the keyboard parts on a toy floor piano like in Big.

I would see Rush no matter what, because after all is said and done...

IT'S 2.gif

(Yeah I was gonna make it a parody of "Green Eggs and Ham" but I got hamstrung by the scansion.)

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jun 20 2012, 04:07 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jun 20 2012, 02:07 PM)

Now, there's where you're wrong. I, for one, would NOT despise hearing any one of those songs live, as I really love every one.

I would just be surprised, especially with Losing It. yes.gif I think it's quite an assumption to think that they would do ANY song just because they have a string section...just like it would be an assumption to think that they wouldn't do certain songs because they DON'T have a string section. That fact hasn't stopped them from doing songs with strings live in the past. confused13.gif

Hahaha they could play a bunch of cover tunes and i'd still be there. It's 2.gif