07 - Best Song From Permanent Waves

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1297 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• The Spirit of Radio
    • Freewill
    • Jacob's Ladder
    • Entre Nous
    • Different Strings
    • Natural Science

"Natural Science" is definitely my favorite on the album, and one of my all-time favorites. It's a great song, and it really surprised me; I wasn't expecting anything like it on the album. That's one of the things I love about Rush: even if a particular album isn't their best material, they always manage to include some incredible surprises. They're very forward thinking.

natural science isn't their most popular song, which is ok, cuz its kinda like a hidden gem... i always ignored this song till i was bored one day and listened to the whole thing and i was blown away!! Its not repetitive, and you can't really predict it, you know? thats why i love it! thats why i love rush! haha :haz:

Spirit opened my eyes, and Science broadened my horizons.....but the violent guitar solo of Freewill, changed forever my soul.....=P RushON!!

Jacob's Ladder for its moody atmosphere. Must add that Geddys vocals on Different Strings found a crack in my heart.

Ask me tomorrow and I'll in all probability give you a different answer. Heard the whole record for the first time today, and had to put on my headphones to crank the stereo (late night listenings), and it is as usual awesome!

I love "Entre Nous" as a song, but voted "Jacob's Ladder" as it's just spectacular RUSH. Neil's drumming on this song is a clinic in syncopation and WTF? moments :)