Steven Wilson's Third Solo Album

ColdFireYYZ

Easily my favorite solo album from Steve. Really good stuff here.
  • Like 1

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/577235_10200775944228014_175332944_n.jpg

I met this nice guy in Paris :)

Well done Soni! AWESOME!!!!

I've been listening to this album non-stop. I finally broke the seal on the limited box set and I am listening to the demo cd.

I think it's better than the final mix!

Raw = METAL!

That's for Duck!

I can't wait to see Steven in SF!

Cheers!!!!!

Could be Album Of The Year.

Bowie's new album so far is not..............

The Holy Drinker is obviously the best song on this album.

My favorite is "Drive Home" but "The Holy Drinker" is amazing! Shit! I didn't even know that Alan Parsons plays a guitar solo on this epic tune!

ALBUM OF THE YEAR............. so far.

Damn. I haven't heard anything this good in a long time. I had a lot of expectations for this album after watching all of the preview videos and knowing that there was going to be such a good lineup in the studio. I mean Nick Beggs + Guthrie Govan working on a Steven Wilson project, recording basically live, and all of this produced by Alan Parsons? It better be damn good and the thing is, it sincerely is. If anything, I just wish it were longer. But hopefully I'll get to hear some of the unreleased material on the RSD release coming out this April. This is better than any PT or solo SW work so far IMO. Now he just needs to come to Texas on his tour...

Bought tickets for the Philly area show next month. I so wanted Marco on drums. The music out weighs the drummer taking his place. What was I thinking. The last tour for GFD was tromendous. It was simply overwhelmingly great. Blown to pieces. The song choice that tour was perfection. Looking forward to hearing the new album in its entirety. To bad Chad can't go off like Marco can and bring the energy up to another level.

Yeah I'm listening to this one again now! Excellent album! Guthrie dominates! And Marco runs the show! Holzman is a keys demon! And the Watchmaker's atmosphere and lyrical content somewhat reminds me of Losing it at the beginning! :o

...Meanwhile...Guthrie dominates!! :guitar:

According to Theo Travis's blog and a post on Nick Beggs's Facebook, the Frankfort show was filmed and recorded, but there is no plan to release it any time soon. Looks like it's there for the archives similar to what ended up being Octane Twisted. Steven did say that he hopes to release some songs on the tour via his iPhone app and Soundcloud, so we may see some stuff from the Frankfort show in the forthcoming months. As to whether they'll film a show with Chad Wackerman on drums, I don't know. They might, they might not.

For the record, the encore on the video shoot was Radioactive Toy. Steven's been inconsistently alternating encores (the other encore is a medley of almost all of Remainder The Black Dog and the second half of No Twilight Within The Courts of the Sun). I don't know why, but my guess is that he's playing Radioactive Toy in the cities that he already visited during either or both runs of the GFD tour and the Remainder/No Twilight medley in cities he's visiting for the first time under the solo band.

Edited by PolarizeMe

“@StevenWilsonHQ: There are a few copies of the SW Record Store Day picture disc available from Headphone Dust at £15 (on request): http://stevenwilsonh...ture-disc-vinyl

The record store I went to had copies of it so I got it from there. In fact when I bought it, there was about 8 or so copies of it which is a lot in my opinion.

I am trying to like this release. I am just not getting too much memorable stuff. I would say if you like Yes, you might enjoy this. It is just too far out at times. Maybe I will need to listen 20 times before I live it.

I did note yet another Pink Floyd "tribute". At about 6 minutes into the Watchmaker, it totally sounds like the same chords to the end "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" to me.

Yeah I'm listening to this one again now! Excellent album! Guthrie dominates! And Marco runs the show! Holzman is a keys demon! And the Watchmaker's atmosphere and lyrical content somewhat reminds me of Losing it at the beginning! :o

...Meanwhile...Guthrie dominates!! :guitar:

Gavin still has better more interesting drum parts and drum tones, but Minneman is no slouch.

I am trying to like this release. I am just not getting too much memorable stuff. I would say if you like Yes, you might enjoy this. It is just too far out at times. Maybe I will need to listen 20 times before I live it.

I did note yet another Pink Floyd "tribute". At about 6 minutes into the Watchmaker, it totally sounds like the same chords to the end "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" to me.

At 4:40 in Drive Home, I hear Pink Floyd's "Hey You". SW has always said he's heavily influenced by Pink Floyd... and I say, I see what you did there. :cool:

At 4:40 in Drive Home, I hear Pink Floyd's "Hey You". SW has always said he's heavily influenced by Pink Floyd... and I say, I see what you did there. :cool:

There is no original music, just unconscious, and sometimes conscious, re-interpretation of something we have heard before.

I've had three albums on rotation for a while now: this one, Riverside's 'Shrine of New Generation Slaves, and Amplifier's 'Echo Street'. They're all brilliant albums, but I think 'Raven' is my favourite. It's easily my favourite of Wilson's solo releases - maybe it's because it's so old school, I don't know, but I love it :)
  • Like 1

From SW's Facebook:

Jess Cope is currently working on a new animated video for the song "Drive Home" from the current album, which will be released as the lead track on an EP in October. The film will also be part of the revamped live show that will be on the road from mid October. Here are some work in progress stills....

602472_601455729874693_972038749_n.jpg

999484_601455719874694_955822064_n.jpg

17621_601455713208028_562689691_n.jpg

This looks really cool! I love her other two videos, so I'm sure this will be fantastic.

Check out Time Flies on The Incident.

Freaking straight out of Animals. Amazing song......heavy heavy Gilmore influence.

• Like 2

This is the same video of The Watchmaker that was up on Steven Wilson's YouTube account back in March, but it's a great performance nevertheless. Kinda wished that Radioactive Toy and/or The Holy Drinker were included in the EP but then that'll really be overstuffing the EP, so I'm glad with what's on the EP than to have none at all.

• Like 2