Steven Wilson's Third Solo Album

ColdFireYYZ

As much as I love PT, I have to say it seems that PT has become SW's side project.. and his solo career is now his "main gig".

I don't think Porcupine Tree is over, nor do I think PT's future is in any jeopardy.. BUT Wilson seems more musically motivated by the stuff he's doing solo right now.... I personally don't mind too much, I am really digging his solo stuff..though I would love a new Porcupine Tree album.

Just listened to the new album. Unsurprisingly, it's spectacular. My favorite tracks are probably the title track and The Watchmaker. The whole thing is 10/10 though.
  • Like 2

There's a special mystery show on April 28. I dying to know what that'll be about. He'll be in NYC on the 26th, Boston on the 27th, and Pittsburg on the 30th, so logistically it would probably be held in the Northeast...maybe NYC again?

That mystery show has been revealed. Katatonia and Opeth announced that they'll be touring together in America again this spring with Steven Wilson crossing dates with them for the April 28th show.

http://katatonia.com/2013/01/north-american-tour-with-opeth-confirmed/

The album is a master piece. The Watchmaker is an epic song. It's absolutely brilliant. This album will go down as one of the best prog rock albums ever. It's that good. Love the musical direction SW has taken.

The Watchmaker is sad... It's a sad song from the perspective of someone who's a jerk. It's hard for me to listen to that song actually.

But for other reasons, it's probably my least favorite track on the album

Luminol is a f***ing masterpiece! One of the best prog songs ever. Great SW album, but how it fares against Grace for Drowning? Hmm.... Tough one

Edited by Mr. IsNot