"My Name Is Mud!" "Mockwork Angels" Sounds Like

RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 13 2012, 06:45 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 13 2012, 03:59 AM)
I must say that I am not impressed with the new Rush album.  Many of you have called it a "MASTERPIECE."

You cant really take comments like that to heart. Hemispheres is a masterpiece. Is this even close to that album? Hell no, but its Rush and their fans throw words around like they dont even mean anything anymore.

I think its a good Rush album at best, better than most of the modern Rush, and thats good enough for me, but does not rank even close to their best albums for various reasons.

Wow! You're out of your cave early today! Had to listen to new 2.gif again didn't you?

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say that I am not impressed with the new Rush album. Many of you have called it a "MASTERPIECE." Even the beloved Duck thinks that the new album is METAL.

Man, I raved about how much I loved "Snakes And Arrows" many years ago and I remember that many of you on this forum absolutely hated that album.

Shit, I remember stating that I thought "Snakes And Arrows" was the greatest Rush record since "Grace Under Pressure."

Oh well let the past remain the past. At this very moment it's all about us Rush fans and fanbois jacking off to the new "Cockwork Angels" album.

Well after one listening I still can't come.

Do I have drunk Rush dick tonight?

Not at all. I like four songs on the new record. The rest are simply muddy swamp going through the motions crap.

I have read on here over the years how many of you bash the "Vapor Trails" production yet what the fukk did Nick do with this new album?

It sounds like the album was recorded underwater.

Neil sounds like he is banging on trashcans inside his garage.

Are the boys influenced by Metallica? Sadly "St. Anger" comes to mind production wise. What an EPIC FAIL comparison!!! DAMN!

I am very sad about this album thus far yet songs like "The Garden," "Headlong Flight," "Seven Cities Of Gold" and "The Wreckers" give me "HOPE!" Get it? LOL! I like the new acoustic intro to BU2B as well but man it is nice to be able to skip the first two songs on the record.

I am sure I jumped the gun and this album will grow on me over time, but after one listening I think this album is mediocre at best.

Geddy can still sing but he is trying too hard. Perhaps Rush should put out an instrumental album in 2015.

BU2B2 is a waste of time, money and energy.

I might save some money on this tour and pull out from L.A. and Vegas.

I never cheat and look at Rush set lists before a tour but I might have to give in this time.

For those of you who know me on this Forum I hope I am just overreacting.

I am sure this album will grow on me and I will fall in love with it.

I am listening to "The Wreckers" over and over again right now. Brilliant.

trink39.gif

Not sure if this is going to be my Album Of Of The Year.

Is it yours? Quite the question to ask on a biased Rush Forum.

I like 8 songs very much. But I'm beyond hacked off about the sound.

Muddy, fuzzy distortion. Not as loud and painful as VT, but sound quality is just as bad.

Can't even hear Neil half the time. Muddy kick and toms, fuzzy, distant snare and forget about the cymbals. Does he even have any this album? Occassionally I can discern cymbal crashes in the distance. Can't hear the ride or hi-hat on most songs.

Heavy, muddy Geddy bass with Alex playing something in the background and Neil with foam all over his drums.

A dirty shame, because the songs are among their best in a long time.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 13 2012, 06:28 AM)
One thing about Clockwork Angels it seems a lot shorter than 66 minutes. How many albums that last 60 minutes or over tend to drag towards the end? Quite a few, not this one!

Totally agree here...I thought that the other day too.

It seems to go by really fast.

It's just a fantastic album! 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 13 2012, 09:53 AM)
One thing about Clockwork Angels it seems a lot shorter than 66 minutes. How many albums that last 60 minutes or over tend to drag towards the end? Quite a few, not this one!

Especially if you skip 7CoG and WYW.

Waiting for the LostIt2K troll bash.

:duck:

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 13 2012, 10:10 AM)

Hey...no skipping 7 Cities!

That song is awesome! Go back and give it another go! 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 13 2012, 09:12 AM)

Agreed! 7 Cities Rocks!!!

Hey Earl...are you warming up to it yet?

I had the same initial reaction as you, but the more I listen to CA, the more it is growing on me. 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 13 2012, 10:12 AM)

I will. This is Rush though. Some of the most awesome songs take some digestion.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 13 2012, 10:24 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 13 2012, 10:12 AM)

I will. This is Rush though. Some of the most awesome songs take some digestion.

Agreed...7 Cities didn't "hit" me until almost a week (and many listens) later.

Your wife is wise, Earl. But we both already know that, don't we? wink.gif biggrin.gif

As for me, I gave a single spin the other day, and am waiting for the right mood to listen to it again. Never was able to listen to a new record side-to-side multiple times.

See? I'm even older than you! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

"I'd travel all night / just to see the light"

signed,

Cinderella

Sonically it is not a great Rush album.

But it is far from a sonic trainwreck.

Disagree about the songs. I really like all of them. Some of them will go down as classic Rush after the passage of time.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 13 2012, 02:41 PM)
Sonically it is not a great Rush album.

But it is far from a sonic trainwreck.

Disagree about the songs. I really like all of them. Some of them will go down as classic Rush after the passage of time.

Correct.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 13 2012, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 13 2012, 09:12 AM)

Agreed! 7 Cities Rocks!!!

yes.gif

1022.gif

And Wish Them Well rocks too!

653.gif

I must say that I am not impressed with the new Rush album. Many of you have called it a "MASTERPIECE." Even the beloved Duck thinks that the new album is METAL.

Man, I raved about how much I loved "Snakes And Arrows" many years ago and I remember that many of you on this forum absolutely hated that album.

Shit, I remember stating that I thought "Snakes And Arrows" was the greatest Rush record since "Grace Under Pressure."

Oh well let the past remain the past. At this very moment it's all about us Rush fans and fanbois jacking off to the new "Cockwork Angels" album.

Well after one listening I still can't come.

Do I have drunk Rush dick tonight?

Not at all. I like four songs on the new record. The rest are simply muddy swamp going through the motions crap.

I have read on here over the years how many of you bash the "Vapor Trails" production yet what the fukk did Nick do with this new album?

Are the boys influenced by Metallica? Sadly "St. Anger" comes to mind production wise. What an EPIC FAIL comparison!!! DAMN!

I am very sad about this album thus far yet songs like "The Garden," "Headlong Flight," "Seven Cities Of Gold" and "The Wreckers" give me "HOPE!" Get it? LOL! I like the new acoustic intro to BU2B as well but man it is nice to be able to skip the first two songs on the record.

I am sure I jumped the gun and this album will grow on me over time, but after one listening I think this album is mediocre at best.

Geddy can still sing but he is trying too hard. Perhaps Rush should put out an instrumental album in 2015.

BU2B2 is a waste of time, money and energy.

I might save some money on this tour and pull out from L.A. and Vegas.

I never cheat and look at Rush set lists before a tour but I might have to give in this time.

For those of you who know me on this Forum I hope I am just overreacting.

I am sure this album will grow on me and I will fall in love with it.

I am listening to "The Wreckers" over and over again right now. Brilliant.

trink39.gif

Not sure if this is going to be my Album Of Of The Year.

Is it yours? Quite the question to ask on a biased Rush Forum.

Don't worry, man! It will grow on yah! lol. It took me a long time for VT to grow on me. Took my dad around 15 for GUP to grow on him!

It's perfectly okay not to like it. Personally, I think it's great.

But I don't like the first three albums, nor the second side of 2112. Power Windows was a major disappointment for me. I detest HYF. Presto and Roll the Bones are subpar in my view. And don't get me started on TFE.

On the other hand, I LOVE VAPOR TRAILS!!! Even though I'm not supposed to.

To each its own.

QUOTE (ZivotSon @ Jun 13 2012, 04:27 PM)
But I don't like the first three albums, nor the second side of 2112. Power Windows was a major disappointment for me. I detest HYF. Presto and Roll the Bones are subpar in my view. And don't get me started on TFE.

On the other hand, I LOVE VAPOR TRAILS

I think we'd get along just fine. trink39.gif

Rushhead666 you are entertainment no doubt. Would love to hear your review every week to see how your mind warp changes.

Every time I hear a new Rush album (since PWvs and MP love at first time) Im like hmmmm then later totally love. It reminds me of a lot of music so I am not ready to judge. The Garden is soooo - Lamb Lies Down from Genesis for me with piano etc. I am happy girl about that !

I am going to Vegas for sure.

Peace Out. Rush on.

2.gif 653.gif heart.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 13 2012, 03:10 AM)
Sorry bud, can't agree with you here. I think it's a great album and it keeps getting better every time I listen to it. That's okay though, we'll always have Test for Echo to hate together.

Hahaha!! Hey Storm!!! No doubt!! "Test For Echopoo" stinks to high Heaven!!

I have listened to the new album three more times today and I will say that is getting a lot better. The only thing is that the low end is real dirty. A lot of the record sounds like it was recorded in "Analog" Kid.

Oh what has happened to the "Digital Man?"

"The Wreckers" is a hit and is so far my favorite song on the album!!!

"The Garden" is fantastic too!!!!!

1022.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 13 2012, 04:28 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 13 2012, 04:59 AM)
Not at all.  I like four songs on the new record.  The rest are simply muddy swamp going through the motions crap. 

I am not happy at all with the mix on the drums or Alex's guitar. Ged's bass seems to drown out quite a few key spots. Unlike VT, the songwriting is much better here and the only thing that really keeps this from being a serious contender in a top 5 Rush list is the mix. I hate to say it, but bringing Broon in to help could have elevated this release. But as was suggested already, Steven Wilson would have made this release incredible, especially in 5.1 stereo.

Hey Gomps!!

Haha! Wow I thought a lot of you guys were going to roast me for my beer infused rant last night!! Glad most of you know me by now!!

There are a lot of good ideas brewing on this thread!!

I would love to get Broon back for one more round! If not Steven Wilson would be my next choice!!!

Well said! 1022.gif