Bernie Grundman

Terrapin

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 23 2012, 10:06 PM)
OMG I can't believe this brought this thread back for the dead!

facepalm.gif

Rookie mistake by me. I hadn't looked at the dates on previous posts, so when a different member brought this back, I figured it had been in constant discussion for two weeks with this same stuff going on. That wasn't the case.

Regardless, less than two weeks isn't really considered a necropost. Bringing back a 6month+ old thread, that gets weird haha.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jul 10 2012, 05:50 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 17 2012, 08:26 PM)

I don't mind the album.....just stating the fact that several people are hearing issues with the mixing/mastering.....I have yet to listen to it on a good stereo system..

The thing about the anonymous internet, people like to pretend they're 'experts' and they know something.

Real experts and professionals are working and wouldn't bother posting on fan forum.

When I read these hate threads by 'experts' I picture a fat dude alone in his basement. He wants so bad to feel important. He wants to be heard and have people respect him. So why not criticize real industry progressional and great musicians.

facepalm.gif

We'll start to see "When is the remaster of CA coming out" threads soon.....Maybe they can sell the CA and VT remasters as a 2pk special edition? Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 25 2012, 01:07 AM)
We'll start to see "When is the remaster of CA coming out" threads soon.....Maybe they can sell the CA and VT remasters as a 2pk special edition?

If they did it well, I'd buy it.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jul 26 2012, 07:52 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 25 2012, 01:07 AM)
We'll start to see "When is the remaster of CA coming out" threads soon.....Maybe they can sell the CA and VT remasters as a 2pk special edition?

If they did it well, I'd buy it.

same here.....at least VT...

QUOTE (Snaked @ Aug 7 2012, 03:31 AM)
This is the thread that never ends....
Yes it goes on and on my friends..

Yes and your point is??

"OP" here again... Why it is too much trouble to type ORIGINAL POSTER?

I mean seriously, does it take too long to type or is it more internet savvy with the net boys and girls that Peart predicted?

"My ears need cleaning out"

Perhaps, but my ears are still loving the wonderful mixes and mastering of the catalogue prior to 90's albums

If anyone agrees that those albums sound great, then I guess that they need their ears cleaned out as well...

Clockwork Angels was mastered for children.. children listening to music on on ipods, crappy little ear buds etc... spending their sorry little lives staring at phones and posting anonymously with silly little "avatars"

Indeed, for the digital generation that will never have the opportunity to listen to music as it was originally intended...

Anyway girls and boys, I stand by my OP (original post) ;-)

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Aug 8 2012, 04:33 PM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Aug 7 2012, 03:31 AM)
This is the thread that never ends....
Yes it goes on and on my friends..

Yes and your point is??

"OP" here again... Why it is too much trouble to type ORIGINAL POSTER?

I mean seriously, does it take too long to type or is it more internet savvy with the net boys and girls that Peart predicted?

Perhaps, but my ears are still loving the wonderful mixes and mastering of the catalogue prior to 90's albums

If anyone agrees that those albums sound great, then I guess that they need their ears cleaned out as well...

Clockwork Angels was mastered for children.. children listening to music on on ipods, crappy little ear buds etc... spending their sorry little lives staring at phones and posting anonymously with silly little "avatars"

Indeed, for the digital generation that will never have the opportunity to listen to music as it was originally intended...

Anyway girls and boys, I stand by my OP (original post) ;-)

I think your member title should be 'Mad Dog'. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. RUFF RUFF RUFF!!!

eh.. confused13.gif

You mean the albums no one bought?

The 90s started with a dancing rapping skeleton and ended with tragedy.

The OP is just a baiting, flaming, give-me-attention-mommy hater...

It's interesting to me that some people claim they don't notice the difference in sound quality between VT, S&A and CA. This can only be attributable to 3 things:

1. variety of sound systems.

2. People hear things differently

3. They're lying

I think my ears are pretty sensitive to sound quality (loudness), and I DO hear the difference. The sound systems I've had over the years are pretty low-end. However, older albums (Moving Pictures, etc) sound much better to me than VT or even CA on the same system. Like many of you, I think S&A sounds much better than VT and slightly better than CA.

Yes, I'm complaining (again) about sound quality of Rush albums. If you don't like it, don't read it and PLEASE don't complain that I'm complaining. I just find the whole sound quality issue facinating. Shouldn't recordings sound BETTER now than they did 30 years ago??? Is technology adding so much complication that it's harder to find the "sweet spot"?

Musicians have known about the "sweet spot" for years and years, but they keep hooking up with tech savvy kids that want to overtake the plumbing all the time. Edited by drbirdsong

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Aug 9 2012, 10:11 AM)
It's interesting to me that some people claim they don't notice the difference in sound quality between VT, S&A and CA. This can only be attributable to 3 things:

3. They're lying

I think my ears are pretty sensitive to sound quality (loudness), and I DO hear the difference. The sound systems I've had over the years are pretty low-end. However, older albums (Moving Pictures, etc) sound much better to me than VT or even CA on the same system. Like many of you, I think S&A sounds much better than VT and slightly better than CA.

Yes, I'm complaining (again) about sound quality of Rush albums. If you don't like it, don't read it and PLEASE don't complain that I'm complaining. I just find the whole sound quality issue facinating. Shouldn't recordings sound BETTER now than they did 30 years ago??? Is technology adding so much complication that it's harder to find the "sweet spot"?

Sadly, of those 3 albums 2 have lousy recordings. Snakes is definitely the crispest sounding album of the 3, but it also has the worst songs so that's kind of a bummer.

THe "ORIGINAL POSTER" seems a little bitchy but he's right that music nowadays is recorded for teens and their iPods. I don't really get why Rush did that on CA, because that's not their audience. Most of us 30 and 40 somethings have more sophisticated sound systems

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Aug 9 2012, 01:44 PM)

You mean the albums no one bought?

The 90s started with a dancing rapping skeleton and ended with tragedy.

The OP is just a baiting, flaming, give-me-attention-mommy hater...

Hey Einstein, the clue is in the word "PRIOR" meaning BEFORE.

Now, once you have consulted your little dictionary you might be in a position to get your brain around the the understanding of Before and After. It really is a very simple concept...

The 70's happened BEFORE the 90's Get it? 70 comes before 90. Much like 1 comes BEFORE 2 etc...

Sesame Street explained the whole number concept many years ago...

Perhaps your family couldn't afford a television or an education?

And no, I don't hate my mother. What a horrible, nasty thing to suggest.

The only thing I hate is the mastering of "Clockwork Angels"

Do yourself a massive favour and grow up.

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Aug 9 2012, 09:11 AM)
It's interesting to me that some people claim they don't notice the difference in sound quality between VT, S&A and CA.  This can only be attributable to 3 things:

3. They're lying

4. Fanbois