It wasn't at my Wal-mart today.

XXXB0BXXX

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 12 2012, 07:13 PM)
Since our car is in the shop (break line broke while I was driving yesterday) I'll have to wait until my Dad finds time to drive to Walmart on his way from work. I went late last night but they refused to let me buy it.

Why was that?

Are you serious?

You went to WAL-MART for music?

Do you understand Wal-Mart?!

They carry everything with limited variety. I wouldn't have expected it.

By the way, Best Buy had it for 9.99

QUOTE (Godot @ Jun 12 2012, 09:51 PM)
Are you serious?

You went to WAL-MART for music?

Do you understand Wal-Mart?!

They carry everything with limited variety.  I wouldn't have expected it.

By the way, Best Buy had it for 9.99

Wal-Mart is the #1 music retailer in the US. Even here in podunk country music territory they had it.

QUOTE (zappafrank @ Jun 12 2012, 08:36 PM)
I live in Pittsburgh, and we have a chain (based out of OH) called the Exchange.  There's one in the University area where I work, so on my lunch break I popped in, asked the cute girl behind the counter how much the cd was ($12), and she pulled one right out; they were prominently displayed in the glass case at the counter.

I considered going to Best Buy, but I figured they don't need my help, and I'd rather help an independent store (relatively speaking), since it's been so good to me in the past with random odds and ends that were used.

There was another local store I considered going to, but when I called I was told the price was $16.  I think that's a bit of a mark-up unfortunately.

I picked mine up at the exchange last thursday*** they've had it in for a week now; I'm in ohio, I live by the first one, they had it for 8.99 woot woot.

Edited by kentpilot

QUOTE (GeddyLeeLifeson @ Jun 12 2012, 10:04 PM)
Since our car is in the shop (break line broke while I was driving yesterday) I'll have to wait until my Dad finds time to drive to Walmart on his way from work. I went late last night but they refused to let me buy it.

Why was that?

because it didn't go on sale until today.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 12 2012, 08:57 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeeLifeson @ Jun 12 2012, 10:04 PM)

Why was that?

because it didn't go on sale until today.

Oh, I thought you meant your parents wouldn't let you buy it!

laugh.gif

I hate Wal-mart (or I like to say Mall-Wart) with a passion and refuse to shop there. 062802puke_prv.gif

Being a Minnesotan, Best Buy is rather like a "local store" (as is Target) so I am more than happy to give them my business. And hell, Best Buy was cheaper than cruddy Wal-Mart anyway!

QUOTE (kentpilot @ Jun 12 2012, 10:52 PM)
QUOTE (zappafrank @ Jun 12 2012, 08:36 PM)
I live in Pittsburgh, and we have a chain (based out of OH) called the Exchange.  There's one in the University area where I work, so on my lunch break I popped in, asked the cute girl behind the counter how much the cd was ($12), and she pulled one right out; they were prominently displayed in the glass case at the counter.

I considered going to Best Buy, but I figured they don't need my help, and I'd rather help an independent store (relatively speaking), since it's been so good to me in the past with random odds and ends that were used.

There was another local store I considered going to, but when I called I was told the price was $16.  I think that's a bit of a mark-up unfortunately.

I picked mine up at the exchange last tuesday they've had it in for a week now; I'm in ohio, I live by the first one, they had it for 8.99 woot woot.

Wow, that's a big discrepancy both in time and price. I might have to check to see if that price is still good at other locations, and then see if my store will match the price. I'm surprised they had it for sale so far ahead of the official date. If a place does it, it's usually the end of the week preceding the Tuesday release.

Which store was it? I might call them to confirm the price.

Live in Worthington, MN now, pop 12,000 with a Wal-Mart (No Best Buy, Target, etc) and one other (small) music store in town called Elite Audio. Was at Wal-Mart at 5 AM yesterday, no luck. confused13.gif Called Elite Audio about 11AM, they said they expected it in today's shipment but the UPS guy hadn't come yet. doh.gif Stopped in at 2PM on my way to work ... still not in yet banghead.gif

So I reserved a copy at Elite Audio and hopefully it will be there today wacko.gif