It wasn't at my Wal-mart today.

XXXB0BXXX

I went to Walmart first and they didn't have it. They did have it at Best Buy, and I too paid $9.99 (plus tax).

My friend Bev, who is the ultimate Rush fan, has been to a few different stores and can't find it. To her, "everybody is all of a sudden a Rush fan".

I found one copy buried in Kenny Rogers. How does that even happen? Within hours of opening, someone picked up the album, decided not to get it, checked out Kenny Rogers instead, and accidentally left it there.

That was the only copy too.

Edited by Zanadoo

I didn't have to go into until 2pm and trekking into town is a bit of haul, but I figured if I wanted until the afternoon, I might have screwed myself.

Went to my WalMart at 9am. They had two copies.

Well - only one now...

QUOTE (Checkster2112 @ Jun 12 2012, 06:39 PM)
It was at mine for $11.88

smile.gif

Same here. I got the last one. 1022.gif

I saw none at Target, but then their CD section was only about 8 feet wide at most...... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Toronto Rush fans:

Both Yonge Street locations have plenty of copies including LPs all other Rush albums and tons of merch!

Clockwork Angles/$11.99

The young female cashier at my Best Buy said: "Huh- everybody's picking this up. What is it?"

My response: "Why that's a CD, young lady"

smile.gif

QUOTE (cygnify @ Jun 12 2012, 06:57 PM)
The young female cashier at my Best Buy said: "Huh- everybody's picking this up. What is it?"

smile.gif

Young female cashier at mine knew exactly what album it was

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (cygnify @ Jun 12 2012, 07:57 PM)

smile.gif

My response "It's a bucket of chicken...hope you like it extra flat and crispy"

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 12 2012, 07:56 PM)
Toronto Rush fans:

Both Yonge Street locations have plenty of copies including LPs all other Rush albums and tons of merch!

Clockwork Angles/$11.99

But what if someone's looking for Clockwork Angels? tongue.gif

I live in Pittsburgh, and we have a chain (based out of OH) called the Exchange. There's one in the University area where I work, so on my lunch break I popped in, asked the cute girl behind the counter how much the cd was ($12), and she pulled one right out; they were prominently displayed in the glass case at the counter.

I considered going to Best Buy, but I figured they don't need my help, and I'd rather help an independent store (relatively speaking), since it's been so good to me in the past with random odds and ends that were used.

There was another local store I considered going to, but when I called I was told the price was $16. I think that's a bit of a mark-up unfortunately.

You know I'm not too surprised to read this. I looked for Joe Walsh's album at a local Wal-Mart last week. Either they only carried 1-3 copies that were gone or never stocked it. Wal-Mart wasn't on my list of places to check since Target & Best Buy both had the best price but that's a shame for those who didn't find it. I'm sure that had plenty of copies of the other releases that came out today. eyesre4.gif

My local Target, which is only about a 5 minute drive from my house, had four or five copies of it today when I went there at 830 this morning. Just like Best Buy it's on sale for $9.99 this week. I used to work at Target a few years ago and even though their CD section is small, suprisingly they do get some albums you normally wouldn't think they would on the day of release. After the first week though most stuff usually becomes nonexistant there unless it's pop, country or rap 062802puke_prv.gif

I'm surprised some Wal Mart's don't have any copies though. It's a garunteed money maker to have albums in stock they day/week they come out. Not that the company has a problem making money at all, it's just a good way to do buisness and get more people in the store.