Finally listened...

Good,bad,andrush

Man, I need to listen to it again but seriously, I love 2.gif

Thanks for still going strong. The title track is my current fan, especially about a minute 10 seconds in. That sounds so surreal and creative. The Wreckers is beautiful and the lyrics in the chorus are goosebumps inducing. And the Garden is beautiful too. What a f***ing great band, a great career. This concept album seems to reflect the story of 2.gif themselves, which just makes it all the more powerful.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Jun 12 2012, 01:53 PM)
Man, I need to listen to it again but seriously, I love 2.gif
Thanks for still going strong. The title track is my current fan, especially about a minute 10 seconds in. That sounds so surreal and creative. The Wreckers is beautiful and the lyrics in the chorus are goosebumps inducing. And the Garden is beautiful too. What a f***ing great band, a great career. This concept album seems to reflect the story of 2.gif themselves, which just makes it all the more powerful.

wow the title track is your fan? that awesome!

wink.gif

Liking the music alot so far. Not to be a negative Nelly but the sound. Buzzing and fuzzy. Can hear the hi-hat but often can't tell what's being played. A bit of VT sound quality although not as bad.

I was beginning to think, dang maybe my ears just suck after 30 years of drums, so I checked them. Counterparts crystal clear at high volumes. Hear every ghost note, every chick of the hi-hat. Pull out other people's albums, no buzzing. No fuzzy roar.

Guess its just the way things are being recorded now. I don't like. If you guys don't hear that maybe my ears are bad enough I just can't handle the new way things are recorded. Could be that I guess.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 12 2012, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Jun 12 2012, 01:53 PM)
Man, I need to listen to it again but seriously, I love  2.gif
Thanks for still going strong. The title track is my current fan, especially about a minute 10 seconds in. That sounds so surreal and creative. The Wreckers is beautiful and the lyrics in the chorus are goosebumps inducing. And the Garden is beautiful too. What a f***ing great band, a great career. This concept album seems to reflect the story of  2.gif  themselves, which just makes it all the more powerful.

wow the title track is your fan? that awesome!

wink.gif

Favorite, stupid iPad tongue.gif

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jun 12 2012, 04:36 PM)
Liking the music alot so far. Not to be a negative Nelly but the sound. Buzzing and fuzzy. Can hear the hi-hat but often can't tell what's being played. A bit of VT sound quality although not as bad.

I was beginning to think, dang maybe my ears just suck after 30 years of drums, so I checked them. Counterparts crystal clear at high volumes. Hear every ghost note, every chick of the hi-hat. Pull out other people's albums, no buzzing. No fuzzy roar.

Guess its just the way things are being recorded now. I don't like. If you guys don't hear that maybe my ears are bad enough I just can't handle the new way things are recorded. Could be that I guess.

I think that is more a product of Nick trying to get a live raw production style. You may not agree with the production style but I think he was going for more of a raw sound. I would like to hear the record with a cleaner production so I could compare the two. If only. Production is still a minor quibble with me though because the material is so good.