Arrested Development

ShlappinDahBass

Ron Howard is set to be executive producer for the Arrested Development movie, which has been announced. Didn't watch the TV Show. May try to check out a season when I have time.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jun 11 2012, 06:43 PM)
I'm so excited, I almost blue myself.

laugh.gif

While the movie is sort of in limbo right now, what will definitely be happening before that is a new season of the show coming to Netflix next year. So that's really the thing to get excited about.

AD was one of the best shows on TV... killed off by an apathetic public that has no taste (as all the best stuff usually is). I'm excited as hell that it's coming back!

Plus...

http://images.tvrage.com/people_galleries/4/9997/8099.jpg

...hottest woman on television. wub.gif

Yes, I know about her personal life, no need to try to burst my bubble.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 11 2012, 07:55 PM)
What a great show. Tobias Funke was my favorite, David Cross just killed as that character.

yes.gif

I like Gob a lot to. Especially when all his magic tricks would screw up. Wait, what I meant to say was his illusions. A trick is something a whore does for money.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jun 11 2012, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jun 11 2012, 01:24 PM)
Ron Howard is set to be executive producer for the Arrested Development movie, which has been announced.

I'm so excited, I almost blue myself.

I proudly don this shirt from time to time:

http://t-shirtguru.com/product-images/blue-myself-arrested-development-t-shirt-80stees.gif

laugh.gif

Big fan here! I've probably seen the whole show 5 times through. So many great one-liners.... and David Cross as Tobias is one of the funniest characters of all-time. Gob too.

"....this hundred dollar bill is no more than a hundred pennies!" *POOF*

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 11 2012, 05:48 PM)
AD was one of the best shows on TV... killed off by an apathetic public that has no taste (as all the best stuff usually is). I'm excited as hell that it's coming back!

Sad but true.

Two and a Half Men gets 10 seasons and counting, but Firefly gets ONE?!! Dollhouse gets TWO??

Screw you, American TV watching public.

Screw you.

*shakes head and walks away slowly with hands in pockets*

Edited by CrossedSignals

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Jun 11 2012, 11:05 PM)

Sad but true.

Two and a Half Men gets 10 seasons and counting, but Firefly gets ONE?!! Dollhouse gets TWO??

Screw you.

Right? Two and a Half Men is probably one of the WORST shows I have ever seen in my life. There's not humor. It's just crude. It's sick. It's just dumb.

Sad but true.

Screw you.

You're forgetting that Two And A Half Men is on CBS, a channel that knows how to promote the crap out of their shows. The rest of the shows were on FOX, who has problems doing that a lot. Dollhouse should've been cancelled when it was. Yes, it was an original story but by the time the second season came the show got so convoluted you couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. Firefly's problem was that it was on FOX. The moment you see that show it screams "Sci-Fi Channel". If it had been on there it would've had a respectable run of maybe four of five seasons. Of, course how cute Jewel Staite is should've got Firefly at least three seasons. If I were to make a list of shows that got absolutely screwed, Firefly would be number one. The show was never even given a chance at all.

Now with that out of they way, FOX crapped the bed with Arrested Developement to. At some point they just stopped caring and gave it bad timeslots. Like airing it against Monday Night Football on the west coast and having the last few episodes on during the olympics. No show is gonna survive that and they pretty much set it up to fail at the end, probably so the station could go onto whatever flavor of the month show they were in love with at the time. I hope the rumored movie does happen so we can get some closure on all the characters.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 12 2012, 09:15 AM)

Sad but true.

Screw you.

You're forgetting that Two And A Half Men is on CBS, a channel that knows how to promote the crap out of their shows. The rest of the shows were on FOX, who has problems doing that a lot. Dollhouse should've been cancelled when it was. Yes, it was an original story but by the time the second season came the show got so convoluted you couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. Firefly's problem was that it was on FOX. The moment you see that show it screams "Sci-Fi Channel". If it had been on there it would've had a respectable run of maybe four of five seasons. Of, course how cute Jewel Staite is should've got Firefly at least three seasons. If I were to make a list of shows that got absolutely screwed, Firefly would be number one. The show was never even given a chance at all.

Now with that out of they way, FOX crapped the bed with Arrested Developement to. At some point they just stopped caring and gave it bad timeslots. Like airing it against Monday Night Football on the west coast and having the last few episodes on during the olympics. No show is gonna survive that and they pretty much set it up to fail at the end, probably so the station could go onto whatever flavor of the month show they were in love with at the time. I hope the rumored movie does happen so we can get some closure on all the characters.

Good news! There's going to be a new movie AND season. But yes, leave it to FOX to destroy another great tv show.

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 12 2012, 09:36 AM)

Sad but true.

Screw you.

Good news! There's going to be a new movie AND season. But yes, leave it to FOX to destroy another great tv show.

I read about the new season to. Supposedly each episode will focus on one specific character in order to update everyone on what they've been up to.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 12 2012, 09:42 AM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 12 2012, 09:36 AM)

Sad but true.

Screw you.

I read about the new season to. Supposedly each episode will focus on one specific character in order to update everyone on what they've been up to.

Yes! Apparently that is what they're going to be doing in those episodes. So cross your fingers. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 12 2012, 07:15 AM)
Dollhouse should've been cancelled when it was. Yes, it was an original story but by the time the second season came the show got so convoluted you couldn't figure out what the hell was going on.

Say what!? The second season was FAR better than the first. The show was just heating up! The only problem was that the end feels incredibly rushed.... I can't even begin to imagine where they could have taken the story with even just one more season. I'd rank Season 2 of Dollhouse among my favorite seasons of TV ever.

Firefly's problem was that it was on FOX. The moment you see that show it screams "Sci-Fi Channel". If it had been on there it would've had a respectable run of maybe four of five seasons. Of, course how cute Jewel Staite is should've got Firefly at least three seasons. If I were to make a list of shows that got absolutely screwed, Firefly would be number one. The show was never even given a chance at all.

Totally true on all counts. It should have been on SyFy from the beginning. Fox can suck a bag of dicks. Part of me hopes that Joss brings back Firefly for an encore reunion season, just to throw us fans a bone, but another part of me just wants him to develop a new show in a similar vein. After the success of the Avengers, I'm sure he has a shitload of creative capital to spend.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 12 2012, 10:15 AM)

This reminds me of the whole Tonight Show debacle between Conan & Jay.

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Jun 12 2012, 12:46 PM)
Dollhouse should've been cancelled when it was. Yes, it was an original story but by the time the second season came the show got so convoluted you couldn't figure out what the hell was going on.

Say what!? The second season was FAR better than the first. The show was just heating up! The only problem was that the end feels incredibly rushed.... I can't even begin to imagine where they could have taken the story with even just one more season. I'd rank Season 2 of Dollhouse among my favorite seasons of TV ever.

Firefly's problem was that it was on FOX. The moment you see that show it screams "Sci-Fi Channel". If it had been on there it would've had a respectable run of maybe four of five seasons. Of, course how cute Jewel Staite is should've got Firefly at least three seasons. If I were to make a list of shows that got absolutely screwed, Firefly would be number one. The show was never even given a chance at all.

Totally true on all counts. It should have been on SyFy from the beginning. Fox can suck a bag of dicks. Part of me hopes that Joss brings back Firefly for an encore reunion season, just to throw us fans a bone, but another part of me just wants him to develop a new show in a similar vein. After the success of the Avengers, I'm sure he has a shitload of creative capital to spend.

Maybe, i'll have to rewatch season two of Dollhouse. I missed something somewhere and the story just ended up confusing the hell out of me. I don't recall even wathcing the whole season, I gave up in the middle of it somewhere.

Joss Whedon has said he isn't doing anything else with Firefly again. I remember reading an interview where he said if the movie had been more successful he would've considered it. But Serenity only broke even at the box office and he didn't make any money off it until the DVD release. Still, he should think about doing someting with it again because Nathan Fillion and Summer Glau have become more well known since then. So there might be more people interrested in seeing somethng with those two in it now.

Oh yeah, we're suppose to be talking about Arrested Development here laugh.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 12 2012, 09:07 AM)

Sad but true.

Screw you.

Right? Two and a Half Men is probably one of the WORST shows I have ever seen in my life. There's not humor. It's just crude. It's sick. It's just dumb.

Exactly.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 12 2012, 07:24 PM)

Maybe, i'll have to rewatch season two of Dollhouse. I missed something somewhere and the story just ended up confusing the hell out of me. I don't recall even wathcing the whole season, I gave up in the middle of it somewhere.

Joss Whedon has said he isn't doing anything else with Firefly again. I remember reading an interview where he said if the movie had been more successful he would've considered it. But Serenity only broke even at the box office and he didn't make any money off it until the DVD release. Still, he should think about doing someting with it again because Nathan Fillion and Summer Glau have become more well known since then. So there might be more people interrested in seeing somethng with those two in it now.

laugh.gif Give Dollhouse season 2 another shot and report back.

It's possible I was just salivating over Amy Acker, Summer Glau, and Eliza Dushku and the blood wasn't flowing to my brain.... I should probably re-watch too. laugh.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Jun 12 2012, 09:48 PM)

It's possible I was just salivating over Amy Acker, Summer Glau, and Eliza Dushku and the blood wasn't flowing to my brain.... I should probably re-watch too. laugh.gif

Summer Glau...what an awesome name...kinda sounds like a microbrew.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 12 2012, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Jun 12 2012, 09:48 PM)

Summer Glau...what an awesome name...kinda sounds like a microbrew.

Mmmm.... I bet it tastes great.

Well. That just got creepy. ph34r.gif