Billy Corgan Interviews Rush!

hermy

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Jun 13 2012, 12:36 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 12 2012, 06:40 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Jun 12 2012, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 12 2012, 03:21 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 12 2012, 01:16 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Jun 11 2012, 06:36 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 11 2012, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 11 2012, 04:06 PM)
just tell me one thing, did they mention anything about the setlist?

Billy asked if they plan on doing all of Clockwork Angels and they said they're still trying to figure that out.....but that they are going to play AT LEAST a huge chunk of it ....

It was more of a technical interview.

Also, Geddy Lee really hates Neurotica rofl3.gif

Lol, I used to blare this song I bet my neighbors hated me. I actually really like it! laugh.gif

That part depressed me...I love Neurotica.

Would still love to see them pulling it off live...but hey, at least he acknowledged that he listened to it! cool.gif

The Neurotica choruses do not hold up very well.

I love Neurotica I dont understand the hate?? sad.gif

It's chaotica, but basically it's suckotica.

Haha well I love every second of it! The bass coming in..."you just don't get it what it is well your not really sure.." Top 3 off of roll the bones biggrin.gif

Edit: "The world is a cage for your impotent rage, but don't let it get to you" then Alex comes in so hard on his solo. You guys are missing out laugh.gif going for 2nd listen can't get enough wub.gif

Yup, I like Neurotica too biggrin.gif Love that little breakdown when the keyboards come in

SNAP!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took a long time, but I finally just got into Neurotica a couple of months ago. It is now one of my faves off of RTB. Not sure why Geddy hates Neurotica so much. He thinks the chorus is silly? Anyways, You Bet Your Life on the other hand, I don't want any part of. It's made worse by the fact that Rush has a tendency to have amazing songs as album closers, and this I would consider one of their weakest tracks ever.

And as far as the Jack Black/Sebastian Bach topic goes, Jack Black is the real deal when it comes to knowing his shit about music, and Sebastian is just a rock n roll clown. Sure Bach misquotes the lyrics and cites the wrong book as inspiration for 2112, but he obviously is always on the cool10.gif . Bach entertains the shit out of me (aside from his music). His interviews make me laugh and he was in the Trailer Park Boys. Props.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jun 13 2012, 11:42 PM)
Speaking of Billy i'm listening to Smashing Pumpkins Oceania right now - Itunes is allowing me to stream it free - First song is potent -  1022.gif - album is real good - can't wait until tuesdsay  biggrin.gif

me too - been listening to it all day - fantastic album 1022.gif

an oceania / ca tour would be cool biggrin.gif