Billy Corgan Interviews Rush!

hermy

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jun 11 2012, 07:59 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 11 2012, 07:54 PM)
Billy Corgan's comments were the BEST of all the guest "celebrities" in the Beyond The Lighted Stage documentary.  It almost made up for having Jack Black's stupidity take up precious minutes.  I'll be listening to this soon...

Wasn't as bad as Sebastian Bach. That buffoon just wouldn't STFU. facepalm.gif

He was certainly another, yes. Corgan was actually sincere and eloquent, without sounding like he was blowing smoke up their asses.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great interview.

Billy was without question the best person for this interview, a peer, a musician, and most of all a fan.

Great questions that you never hear from most interviewers.

Thanks for sharing.

Billy Corgan is great....BTW Got to see The Pumpkins 5 times back in their peak....amazing shows...Billy is a phenominal frontman.

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jun 11 2012, 08:58 PM)
They're like the Betty White of classic rock bands now. rofl3.gif

Most accurate thing I've read all day biggrin.gif

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jun 11 2012, 08:59 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 11 2012, 07:54 PM)
Billy Corgan's comments were the BEST of all the guest "celebrities" in the Beyond The Lighted Stage documentary.  It almost made up for having Jack Black's stupidity take up precious minutes.  I'll be listening to this soon...

Wasn't as bad as Sebastian Bach. That buffoon just wouldn't STFU. facepalm.gif

Their goofiness was endearing, I thought. . . scared.gif

Great interview - love BC.

I found it very interesting that Geddy commented on Neurotica. Not just that he would comment on not relating to it today - but the fact that he was listening to somewhat obscure older songs. As if he was scouring the back catalog and considering what they could pull off with conviction. I suspect there will be some huge surprises in the setlist this time around!

QUOTE (cygnify @ Jun 11 2012, 10:32 PM)
Great interview - love BC.

I found it very interesting that Geddy commented on Neurotica. Not just that he would comment on not relating to it today - but the fact that he was listening to somewhat obscure older songs. As if he was scouring the back catalog and considering what they could pull off with conviction. I suspect there will be some huge surprises in the setlist this time around!

I like that theory. I like it a lot! yes.gif

Great interview, even though he fanboyed out at the end ZOMG CAN THE PUMPKINS OPEN FOR YOU???? PPPPPPLLLEEEEEEEAAAASSEEEE?????? wink.gif (Which would actually be cool as I like the Smashing Pumpkins.)

One of the better interviews I've heard... a little refreshing to hear one conducted by a friend and peer rather than some magazine dude.

Edited by Bangster of Goats

One of the best Rush interviews to date, IMO. Good job to Billy!

The interview was great all the way through until the end when Billy went fan boy and was like "wouldn't it be so great If smashing Pumpkins would open for you"

and Geddy and Alex are like "ah, yeah that would be really cool and stuff... we're gonna go now"

Now as a fan of both bands, I would be all for the idea if Smashing Pumpkins would play old-school material, but Billy already let the cat out of the bag and said that he was playing the ENTIRE new album on tour, so I don't really want to sit through that.

I thought the same thing. But I like Neurotica, its one of the better tunes on RTB to me. Was hoping this would mean they would play it, but from Ged's reaction, guess not. sad.gif

And I agree about Sabastian Bach, but I like Jack Black, I get what his shtick is all about, so it was okay with me. But Bach was annoying, especially when he gets so wet about being this huge fan and then not only misquotes "Circumstances" but then cites the wrong Ayn Rand book as the inspiration for 2112.

Edited by wilb1972

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Jun 12 2012, 08:25 AM)

I thought the same thing. But I like Neurotica, its one of the better tunes on RTB to me. Was hoping this would mean they would play it, but from Ged's reaction, guess not. sad.gif

And I agree about Sabastian Bach, but I like Jack Black, I get what his shtick is all about, so it was okay with me. But Bach was annoying, especially when he gets so wet about being this huge fan and then not only misquotes "Circumstances" but then cites the wrong Ayn Rand book as the inspiration for 2112.

I'm one of the few (like you) who digs "Neurotica"- I like much of Roll the Bones- I think the production is too tinny for my taste but other than that I really like it.

As for Sebastian being a huge dork, why did Sam and Scot leave the incorrect quoting/citing in? They skipped over Roll the Bones entirely but left Sebastian's incoherent braying in? confused13.gif

I suspect Mr. Corgan was joking about opening for Rush, while paying them a huge compliment. He's a fan. I have to believe he knows they don't use an opening band anymore.