Billy Corgan Interviews Rush!

hermy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am no fan of BC but the interview was good and he seems like a huge fan. I like how he told them right off the bat about not doing Canadian jokes laugh.gif It was nice to hear an interview with them and Not hear every chance they get telling us "We are from Canada " or "We are Canadian " laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 11 2012, 04:06 PM)
just tell me one thing, did they mention anything about the setlist?

Yeah, they are doing all of Signals with an Orch ph34r.gif

Billy asked if they plan on doing all of Clockwork Angels and they said they're still trying to figure that out.....but that they are going to play AT LEAST a huge chunk of it ....

It was more of a technical interview.

Also, Geddy Lee really hates Neurotica rofl3.gif

The end of it was funny. Corgan throws Smashing Pumpkins into the ring as wanting to open for Rush sometime soon. He was serious and could tell he felt like they should be honored or whatever

Alex and Geddy are just kind of politely going along with it but you know there's no chance in hell that will happen

QUOTE (hermy @ Jun 11 2012, 11:27 AM)
http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3...ow_artwork=true

It was a great interview, and I like that they indicated that they're going to play some of the new album (as opposed to all).

I like the album, but don't undercut the value of the ticket by making the show too much about CA.

But it was a little weird having Billy ask if he could open for them.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 11 2012, 04:23 PM)

Billy asked if they plan on doing all of Clockwork Angels and they said they're still trying to figure that out.....but that they are going to play AT LEAST a huge chunk of it ....

It was more of a technical interview.

Also, Geddy Lee really hates Neurotica rofl3.gif

Lol, I used to blare this song I bet my neighbors hated me. I actually really like it! laugh.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 11 2012, 04:32 PM)
The end of it was funny. Corgan throws Smashing Pumpkins into the ring as wanting to open for Rush sometime soon. He was serious and could tell he felt like they should be honored or whatever

Alex and Geddy are just kind of politely going along with it but you know there's no chance in hell that will happen

Why do you say 'no chance in hell'?

I love how fans think they know what's going on in RUSHs head.

I'm sure people would have said 'no chance' with Colbert or being in hollywood feature film.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jun 11 2012, 05:49 PM)

I'm sure people would have said 'no chance' with Colbert or being in hollywood feature film.

Just the fact that RUSH gave him this interview tell me we'll see a Smashing Pumpkins/ Rush tour in the future. Geddy has already said that they might be reducing the 3-1/2 hour shows in the future so this would fit right in!

I wouldn't mind!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Billy Corgan's comments were the BEST of all the guest "celebrities" in the Beyond The Lighted Stage documentary. It almost made up for having Jack Black's stupidity take up precious minutes. I'll be listening to this soon... Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jun 11 2012, 05:49 PM)

Or Limelight in a trink36.gif commercial, a Rock Band game based on Moving Pictures and a popular documentary.

Yeah, the media is starting to catch up. They're like the Betty White of classic rock bands now. rofl3.gif It's up to Cleveland to take notice.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 11 2012, 07:54 PM)
Billy Corgan's comments were the BEST of all the guest "celebrities" in the Beyond The Lighted Stage documentary. It almost made up for having Jack Black's stupidity take up precious minutes. I'll be listening to this soon...

Wasn't as bad as Sebastian Bach. That buffoon just wouldn't STFU. facepalm.gif