Will Rush go Pink Floyd on this Tour

worthog

Haha, not to worry... the rabbits were at the sides of the stage, fairly dormant other than roadies' bumps/hip checks from behind, and an occasional kick from Geddy or Alex.

I think I found the Time Machine stage setup more impressive, plus the screens; Alex's amps, Neil's globe/tubes/ the back screen.

smile.gif

I love the solo to title track CA.

Speaking of the "Presto" Tour did you guys know that Rush gave Primus a lot of their "Presto" Tour video?

Of course they didn't give Les the bunny rabbits but they surely gave him the some of the video "Presto" stuff.

I know this because I went to a Primus gig in SF a year after Rush was here in the Bay Area on the "Presto" Tour.

I believe it was a New Year's gig in the City with Mr. Bungle opening.

I was drinking a lot of beer that night but I remember gazing up into the Primus stage that all of the sudden I saw old "Presto" video tour footage all spliced up being shown on the ceiling.

It was very surreal and I couldn't believe my eyes.

Perhaps you could look this up to confirm it.

I will never forget that show as long as I live.

RUSH ON!

PRIMUS SUCKS! 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 11 2012, 08:17 AM)
I thought, during the Time Machine tour DVD, I saw a zeppelin flying around? I could be completely wrong and going crazy.

Nope - not crazy...there IS a zeppelin flying around the arena on that DVD...it had a camera attached to the bottom of it, to capture overhead crowd shots yes.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Jun 11 2012, 10:11 AM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 11 2012, 08:17 AM)
I thought, during the Time Machine tour DVD, I saw a zeppelin flying around? I could be completely wrong and going crazy.

Nope - not crazy...there IS a zeppelin flying around the arena on that DVD...it had a camera attached to the bottom of it, to capture overhead crowd shots yes.gif

Yes! That is a brilliant idea. These guys just keep getting bettah and bettah. Btw, I love your avatar. That video cracks me up every time.

Please No

QUOTE (worthog @ Jun 11 2012, 12:13 AM)
and I wasn't born when they went with giant rabbits on the Presto tour biggrin.gif

I was in the 3rd row for that tour and the rabbits were no big deal . Did nothing for me

Maybe Neil will do his solo on top of The Wall .... oh wait, wrong concert. laugh.gif

Seriously though, I'm hoping for huge production on this tour.

QUOTE (worthog @ Jun 11 2012, 12:10 AM)
Any chance we see an elaborate set with floating airships in the crowd or whatever they can come up with? Maybe giant clocks or watches or carnies stuff...idk It is a concept album....

I can see the floating airships very easily! Didn't Rush already utilize that for the recording of the Time Machine Tour? I do think they will provide a more elaborate stage for Clockwork Angels. The Steam punk Time machine set up x 10!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 11 2012, 10:22 AM)
and I wasn't born when they went with giant rabbits on the Presto tour  biggrin.gif

I was in the 3rd row for that tour and the rabbits were no big deal . Did nothing for me

The only cool thing about the rabbits were when they started Head bobing in time to Tom Sawyer!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I think that instead of having any kind of elaborate staging, they should just have one HUGE screen behind them, bigger than anything they've had before, and use that to create the staging. Kinda like with the TM video frames, but with a different theme for each song. Also, if they play all of CA, they should show movies of the album's characters acting out the lyrics. I want to see the run-in with the Anarchist during Carnies, the hero exploring the Seven Cities of Gold, and the deadly shipwreck caused by the Wreckers. This album is a grand adventure and I think that needs to be shown on-stage.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 11 2012, 10:22 AM)
and I wasn't born when they went with giant rabbits on the Presto tour  biggrin.gif

old.gif

Curmudgeon.

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Jun 13 2012, 01:23 PM)
I was wondering about how and if they will use special lighting effects to portray the "Clockwork Angels" to coincide with the mystical type music at the beginning of CA.

I'm going to be expecting a lot of gold and red...And effects in general. Lots of explosions and steam.

QUOTE (Hakky2112 @ Jun 11 2012, 12:39 AM)
Haha, not to worry... the rabbits were at the sides of the stage, fairly dormant other than roadies' bumps/hip checks from behind, and an occasional kick from Geddy or Alex.

I think I found the Time Machine stage setup more impressive, plus the screens; Alex's amps, Neil's globe/tubes/ the back screen.
smile.gif

I love the solo to title track CA.

I saw that tour and I remember the rabbits kind of head bobbing to Tom Sawyer....typical Rush humor. It was epic fun!

I hope they have a split stage, with risers for Alex and Geddy with stairs leading up to Neil on a higher platform and down to the string section on the floor as if it were an orchestra pit. This tour os going top be awesome I can feel it.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif