I Don't Care What Anybody Says

presto123

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presto is pretty good, but pretty subpar by Rush's standards (I consider it better than only Test for Echo and the debut). But hey, if someone has a personal connection to it, for whatever reason, that is awesome. That is the whole point of music, to make that connection. cool.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 11 2012, 09:46 PM)
applaudit.gif trink39.gif

I'll back you up:

PRESTO is IMO PERFECT.

There, I said it. biggrin.gif

common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif

That's what I'm talking about!

Big fan of Presto, especially lyrically. Im just trying to understand how someone couldnt like Countdown and Losing It. Brilliant songs to me, but not to some I guess.

Also, CA is pretty huge and growing on me more too....but nothing on the planet can touch 2112-MP. most bands are lucky to have a great 3-4 records, in my op there is only one lack luster record in the catalog.

and no its not T4E or VT

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 11 2012, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 11 2012, 09:46 PM)
applaudit.gif trink39.gif

I'll back you up:

PRESTO is IMO PERFECT.

There, I said it. biggrin.gif

common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif

That's what I'm talking about!

trink39.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 11 2012, 09:58 PM)
Big fan of Presto, especially lyrically. Im just trying to understand how someone couldnt like Countdown and Losing It. Brilliant songs to me, but not to some I guess.
Also, CA is pretty huge and growing on me more too....but nothing on the planet can touch 2112-MP. most bands are lucky to have a great 3-4 records, in my op there is only one lack luster record in the catalog.
and no its not T4E or VT

To each their own!

I do like "Countdown" and "Losing It"- just not as much as many, many other songs. I could get into specific reasons why, but I'll only write 'em down if requested. They just don't make an impact on my soul like all the songs from Presto or Counterparts do.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 11 2012, 09:10 PM)
and no its not T4E or VT

To each their own!

I do like "Countdown" and "Losing It"- just not as much as many, many other songs. I could get into specific reasons why, but I'll only write 'em down if requested. They just don't make an impact on my soul like all the songs from Presto or Counterparts do.

By any chance did you discover RUSH during the release of Presto?

confused13.gif

Look I actually liked Presto alot when it was released! I just think there are much better 2.gif albums out there. I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything. I actually loved that the boys have been dragging out songs from that album on tour lately. The Additions of The Pass and Presto to the set list in the last few tours have been excelent and sone of my favorite moments live. I still feel they need to capture Show Don't Tell and Available Light Live on (DVD). Now that said, I applaud your connection to it. I'm sure the songs in it have a deeper meaning to you on a personal level as does Losing It and Countdown for me. To me Signals was the album I truly discovered 2.gif . It was my first 2.gif concert and the first album i ever learned the songs too on keyboards. So have a deep connectiontothat album. However, I can place that connection aside and still ackowledge that Clockwork Angels is a much better album. Not by Much! Maybe i'm deluting myself but that's how I feel and I also respect your feeling towards Presto. Regardless it's 2.gif !

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 11 2012, 10:56 PM)
and no its not T4E or VT

To each their own!

confused13.gif

Dude, I'm only 23, soon to be 24. I would've been 1 when Presto came out laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 11 2012, 09:01 PM)
and no its not T4E or VT

To each their own!

confused13.gif

Dude, I'm only 23, soon to be 24. I would've been 1 when Presto came out laugh.gif

Nothing I've read recently had made me feel as old as this... Presto was what got me into the band, and I was 15 sad.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 11 2012, 11:01 PM)
and no its not T4E or VT

To each their own!

confused13.gif

Yeah.. but they were talking about Show and Tell.. sun doggies and magic wands.... so at 1 year old, it should be a perfect kids record, eh?

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

(and yes, I know it's Show Don't Tell)

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 11 2012, 10:01 PM)
and no its not T4E or VT

To each their own!

confused13.gif

I was 1 when Hold Your Fire came out, so by the time I was 3, I was ready for Presto! Hahah wink.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 11 2012, 10:04 PM)
and no its not T4E or VT

To each their own!

confused13.gif

Nothing I've read recently had made me feel as old as this... Presto was what got me into the band, and I was 15 sad.gif

I was 20. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 11 2012, 10:04 PM)
and no its not T4E or VT

To each their own!

confused13.gif

I was 2 when Test For Echo came out.