I Don't Care What Anybody Says

presto123

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 10 2012, 11:23 PM)
I really don't care what a majority of fans think or not. I'm no less convinced I feel a certain way because the masses aren't behind me. biggrin.gif Simply like what you like. My favorite album is Moving Pictures. Hardly a daring choice, but it's their best album to me, so there ya go. Counterparts is #2. Almost NO ONE would agree with that. Who cares? I like it.

Hey, Counterparts and Presto are tied as my favorite albums. I'm pretty sure I'm alone there! wink.gif

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trenken pretty much summed it up

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 11 2012, 07:17 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 10 2012, 11:23 PM)
I really don't care what a majority of fans think or not.  I'm no less convinced I feel a certain way because the masses aren't behind me.  biggrin.gif  Simply like what you like.  My favorite album is Moving Pictures.  Hardly a daring choice, but it's their best album to me, so there ya go.  Counterparts is #2.  Almost NO ONE would agree with that.  Who cares?  I like it.

Hey, Counterparts and Presto are tied as my favorite albums. I'm pretty sure I'm alone there! wink.gif

I'd rather listen to EITHER one of those than all four of their first four albums. (I quite like Presto...the first album I bought "new" at that time since Moving Pictures). Nice to have a partner in blaspheme then! biggrin.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 11 2012, 08:48 AM)
I'd rather listen to EITHER one of those than all four of their first four albums. (I quite like Presto...the first album I bought "new" at that time since Moving Pictures). Nice to have a partner in blaspheme then! biggrin.gif

trink39.gif

I'm down! So rare to have someone enjoy Presto as much as I do- even I hated it when I first listened to it!

hug2.gif

When the "New Car " smell is gone, see me in a year . It very well might be but how do you know in less than a week ?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 11 2012, 06:34 AM)
When the "New Car " smell is gone, see me in a year . It very well might be but how do you know in less than a week ?

People love to jump to conclusions in the midst of maniacal enthusiasm without any perspective.

I'm with you. The most I'll say is I'm seriously enjoying it, but I need a MINIMUM of a few months before I can really see where it ends up in my list of album rankings.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 11 2012, 09:18 AM)

People love to jump to conclusions in the midst of maniacal enthusiasm without any perspective.

I'm with you. The most I'll say is I'm seriously enjoying it, but I need a MINIMUM of a few months before I can really see where it ends up in my list of album rankings.

I will start letting you know how i feel tomorrow biggrin.gif but i love the 3 songs i heard

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 10 2012, 04:44 AM)
CA is way better than 2112. All it takes is more spins and more familiarity. 2112 was an important record in the bands history for sure but it has weaknesses. CA has few weaknesses once you give it a chance to sink in. I never would have believed it. 1022.gif This record just gets better and better the more you spin it.

whatever blows your skirt up dude. we all hear things differently. trink38.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 11 2012, 11:12 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 10 2012, 04:44 AM)
CA is way better than 2112. All it takes is more spins and more familiarity. 2112 was an important record in the bands history for sure but it has weaknesses. CA has few weaknesses once you give it a chance to sink in. I never would have believed it. 1022.gif  This record just gets better and better the more you spin it.

whatever blows your skirt up dude. we all hear things differently. trink38.gif

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/wp-content/uploads/jersey-shore-deena-upskirt.jpg

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 11 2012, 06:51 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 11 2012, 08:48 AM)
I'd rather listen to EITHER one of those than all four of their first four albums.  (I quite like Presto...the first album I bought "new" at that time since Moving Pictures).  Nice to have a partner in blaspheme then!  biggrin.gif

trink39.gif

I'm down! So rare to have someone enjoy Presto as much as I do- even I hated it when I first listened to it!

hug2.gif

Presto is my all-time number one as well. Clockwork Angels is battling it for the top spot, and we'll see how it shakes out over time, but Presto has been tops for a long, long time.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 11 2012, 08:18 AM)

I'm not maniacally enthusiastic, but I love the record. And I feel that I'm being objective - as much as I can - because I can still remember how I felt when I first heard Presto, RTB, CP, VT, Feedback and SNA. The others are a bit of a blur because I devoured all of them in the span between Presto and CP. Compared to how I felt during the release of the past six albums, how I feel about CA is way more positive, way more impressed. Presto is my number one, and CA is right up there with it. I don't see that changing over time, if performance of past releases is any indicator.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 10 2012, 10:52 PM)
[/quote]
rofl3.gif I love when people use the word 'classic' as if by some product of magic over 30 years, the albums from 2112 to MP have somehow become unmatchable ever, by anything because they are so perfect.

Come on, people, they're just albums. wacko.gif

yeah- and star wars is just a movie and the koran is just a book.

WTF?

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 10 2012, 07:04 AM)
This is obviously a joke topic, its not really possible for anyone to believe this is better than 2112, and do we need separate threads flooding the board every time someone has a thought? There is a reactions thread for this already.

Aren't you the one who always whines that you're just expressing your opinions when someone calls you out for unpopular views? confused13.gif Of course it's possible that someone might prefer CA to 2112. I haven't heard it yet, and don't think I'll be one of them. But it's certainly possible that someone might prefer CA, just like someone might prefer 90125 over Fragile or Death Magnetic over Kill Em All.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 11 2012, 06:54 PM)
Danny-boy, Clockwork Angels is going to blow Presto away by a miles. Just about everthing on the second half of Presto except for "Available Light"is just Ok with some of it being pretty questionable. Clockwork Angels dosn't have any questionable songs and most are good to great! Even the weaker tracks are better then most of the 2nd half of Presto. CA can easiliy be compared to anything pre-A Farewell to Kings and post Moving Pictures!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

That's the beautiful part about opinions- they differ from person to person tongue.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 10 2012, 08:49 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 10 2012, 03:44 AM)
CA is way better than 2112. All it takes is more spins and more familiarity. 2112 was an important record in the bands history for sure but it has weaknesses. CA has few weaknesses once you give it a chance to sink in. I never would have believed it. 1022.gif  This record just gets better and better the more you spin it.

Agreed. CA is better than 2112.

I've listened to the CD twice completely.

2112 is full of nostalgia now.

Clockwork Angels is very sophisticated. Maybe it is just the "newness," but I am inclined to agree. CA is better than 2112.