FEAR TRILOGY

JAG

I'll paste in my post from the setlist. Ironically, every setlist i've posted has included the Fear Trilogy and no one has commented on it at all!

here's the post:

Let me start out by saying that Clockwork Angels has become my favorite Rush album of all time. With ALL of the support behind this outstanding effort (the book, all the time machine stuff leading into it), the reaction from fans so far, and the enthusiasm the guys have for it, I believe we'll see the whole thing played. It was brought up earlier that an extended drum solo in Headlong Flight would work, and I agree. I'm sure Neil realizes that the big band ending has lost the power it had 10 years ago when he unveiled it. BU2B2 is also the perfect place for a break for Neil as well. That being said, here we go!

Sitcom style intro set in the suburbs

Subdivisions

Cut to the Chase

Prime Mover

Test for Echo

Hemispheres Prelude

The Enemy Within

The Weapon

Witch Hunt

Freeze

Middletown Dreams

Far Cry

2112 (Overture/Temples/Grand Finale)

Intermission

Clockwork Angels film narrated by Neil, or acted by people including the boys.

I think this film will be fairly serious and will go in between all the songs, telling the story along the way.

Caravan

Bu2b

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

7 Cities of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight (drum solo in the middle)

Bu2b2

Wish Them Well

The Garden

Encore

The Spirit of Radio

Limelight

Tom Sawyer

QUOTE (Nate1647 @ Jun 9 2012, 04:38 PM)
Subdivisions
Cut to the Chase
Prime Mover
Test for Echo
Hemispheres Prelude
The Enemy Within
The Weapon
Witch Hunt
Freeze
Middletown Dreams
Far Cry

Intermission

I think this film will be fairly serious and will go in between all the songs, telling the story along the way.

Caravan
Bu2b
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
7 Cities of Gold
The Wreckers
Bu2b2
Wish Them Well
The Garden

Encore

The Spirit of Radio
Limelight
Tom Sawyer

What a great setlist! I love it! If you would replace Test For Echo with Time & Motion it would be perfect for me.

Edited by ArrowSnake

To those of you SQUARES who think that a trilogy has to have three parts, you clearly aren't familiar with "Gangster of Boats" tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 9 2012, 09:25 PM)
We don't really need to hear Witch Hunt again, but I'd be very happy with The Weapon and The Enemy Within. I wouldn't be disappointed if they played Freeze though

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Jun 9 2012, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (Nate1647 @ Jun 9 2012, 04:38 PM)
Subdivisions
Cut to the Chase
Prime Mover
Test for Echo
Hemispheres Prelude
The Enemy Within
The Weapon
Witch Hunt
Freeze
Middletown Dreams
Far Cry

Intermission

Caravan
Bu2b
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
7 Cities of Gold
The Wreckers
Bu2b2
Wish Them Well
The Garden

Encore

The Spirit of Radio
Limelight
Tom Sawyer

What a great setlist! I love it! If you would replace Test For Echo with Time & Motion it would be perfect for me.

Agredd, for the first half of the setlist. Not sure playing CA in its entirety would go over well. (Still reeling from S&A buzzkill)

I don't see them playing The Enemy Within and The Weapon without Witch Hunt. I'm dying to see those two songs live so I'd be more than happy to sit through WH again if it means I get Enemy and Weapon.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jun 10 2012, 03:01 PM)
I don't see them playing The Enemy Within and The Weapon without Witch Hunt. I'm dying to see those two songs live so I'd be more than happy to sit through WH again if it means I get Enemy and Weapon.

Good point. I agree.

For the record I like Witch Hunt but there isn't unlimited space in the setlist. That's why I rather hear something else.

Was Fear ever called a trilogy by the band? I would enjoy hearing any and all of those songs. I have been wanting TEM and TW for years and I can listen to WH any day as well. This would be fantastic to hear all four parts.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jun 10 2012, 01:56 PM)
Was Fear ever called a trilogy by the band? I would enjoy hearing any and all of those songs. I have been wanting TEM and TW for years and I can listen to WH any day as well. This would be fantastic to hear all four parts.

I think Neil states it as a trilogy during an interview. I could be wrong, though.

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 10 2012, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jun 10 2012, 01:56 PM)

I think Neil states it as a trilogy during an interview. I could be wrong, though.

I did find where he called it that...just around the GUP tour time.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jun 10 2012, 08:59 AM)
No way they will do Fear...

Not enough set list space to include The Enemy Within and Freeze, and no way Witch Hunt gets a nod this time around. I do believe there is a chance we could see The Weapon, but not a big chance.

You sure? Why would they definitely not consider it? I agree that it is a long shot and probably won't play it, but I never saw anything from any of the members stating that they would never play them.

I'd love to hear the full 'trilogy'! Not so sure of it's plausibilty, considering 'Witch Hunt' has been played the last two tours... but this would be the best chance of getting 'Freeze' live! 'Freeze' is probably in the top three songs I'd love to hear this tour. Don't know how well it would translate live, though... fair bit of Geddy harmonizing, and a super-long sustained note... but it would be super-wicked live! 1022.gif 653.gif yes.gif