The Wreckers

losingit2k

QUOTE (Earthshine_sf @ Jun 12 2012, 05:25 PM)
Love the song, but doesn't it sound a bit too upbeat and happy for the subject matter?

Only the begining Chords maybe, then it falls right into place. But if you think about it, its perfect. First you're pretty damn joyful that you see that light through the pouring rain! Then all Hell breaks loose and you see it for what it is, which basically is the break!

I'm telling you guys this song is just about a perfect 2.gif song and should really be the next single if they are going to have one but I doubt it!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Love the song, but doesn't it sound a bit too upbeat and happy for the subject matter?

It definitely threw me off a bit when I read the lyrics after my first listen-through, but I suppose it makes sense for the opening to be upbeat as the crew heads towards apparent safety... only when you listen closely and the pieces fall into place does it become more sinister.

I really love the tone of despair that creeps into the chorus with the strings, it's bittersweet but perfect...

QUOTE (Earthshine_sf @ Jun 12 2012, 06:25 PM)

That's my only criticism. But I kind of am getting used to (and liking) the cognitive dissonance!

All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary

Of a miracle too good to be true

All I know is that sometimes the truth is contrary

Everything in life you thought you knew

All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary

'Cause sometimes the target is you

Best lyric line off the entire album. Good luck finding one better.

QUOTE (tjtull @ Jun 8 2012, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 8 2012, 01:36 PM)
The Lyrics for "THE WRECKERS" are really descriptive. They really paint a picture and tell the story like those of:

Red Barchetta, Countdown, Red Sector A, Losing It,

What's your take?

confused13.gif

I agree! In fact, that's where this entire album shines, to me. It feels so cinematic!

To quote Simple Jack, it's like "head movies. But this head movie makes my eyes rain!" wink.gif

So good.

I don't feel it's that upbeat of a song. The verses are a little bit but overall the song paints a beautiful but sad picture. While the chorus has lyrics that ring true, it also has some sadness behind it both musically and lyrically.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 12 2012, 09:48 PM)
It ends really abruptly during the fade out...odd.

Just like Different Strings. Maybe they didn't know how to end the song properly or they just wanted to leave it to the listeners imagination as to what would happen if the song continued?

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 12 2012, 10:02 PM)

Just like Different Strings. Maybe they didn't know how to end the song properly or they just wanted to leave it to the listeners imagination as to what would happen if the song continued?

If that song continued...Alex would melt our faces with fiery, rich tone from an epic solo.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 12 2012, 10:07 PM)

If that song continued...Alex would melt our faces with fiery, rich tone from an epic solo.

maybe they'll add ds to the setlist so alex can do just that.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 12 2012, 10:08 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 12 2012, 10:07 PM)

maybe they'll add ds to the setlist so alex can do just that.

They just teased us so we would be obligued to attend the concert in order to hear it in its completion.

Brilliant and Sneaky!

dazed025.gif

Disclaimer: haven't listened to the whole album yet.

Besides Caravan, BU2B, and Headlong Flight, all which I like the most off this album so far.... "Wreckers" is the next best for me...

Excuse me while I once again rock out to HF.... 1022.gif