Prometheus

GeddyLeefan2112

Had a screening of Prometheus at work today, so I came in early and sat by myself in the theater and watched it.

It was very weird and not at all what I expected but I really enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty intense, despite having some confusing parts.

I was just wondering what everyone else thought of it

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 7 2012, 11:37 PM)
Had a screening of Prometheus at work today, so I came in early and sat by myself in the theater and watched it.

It was very weird and not at all what I expected but I really enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty intense, despite having some confusing parts.

I was just wondering what everyone else thought of it

I was waiting for your go ahead...

unsure.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 8 2012, 09:24 AM)
You're going to get a lot of "it wasn't like Alien, therefore disappointed" comments. Watch.

What did you think of it? Did it have the kind of big ideas that blew you away because you'd never thought of that before in your life?

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 8 2012, 03:12 PM)
I haven't seen it.

Me either...

That's the film I want to see though, the sci-fi film full of ideas that I'd never thought of before, ideas that I'd never even come within a million miles of imagining. A film that blows my mind, a film that blows EVERYONE'S mind in fact, and changes the current human paradigm forever...

cool.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 8 2012, 03:18 PM)
I haven't seen it.

Me either...

That's the film I want to see though, the sci-fi film full of ideas that I'd never thought of before, ideas that I'd never even come within a million miles of imagining. A film that blows my mind, a film that blows EVERYONE'S mind in fact, and changes the current human paradigm forever...

cool.gif

Prometheus will not be that movie. However, I still found it to be an enjoyable watch.

Its an incomprehensible mess of too many "ideas" stitched together without paying attention to the story. Tries too hard to be too many things.

Seriously, why spend 150 million bucks on a film and only 5 on the story?

The fan criticisms aren't about that it isn't Alien, but the piss poor story full of holes.

QUOTE (Sin City @ Jun 9 2012, 01:33 AM)
Its an incomprehensible mess of too many "ideas" stitched together without paying attention to the story. Tries too hard to be too many things.
Seriously, why spend 150 million bucks on a film and only 5 on the story?
The fan criticisms aren't about that it isn't Alien, but the piss poor story full of holes.

I seem to have read this somewhere else...

th1245.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 9 2012, 12:20 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 8 2012, 03:18 PM)
I haven't seen it.

Me either...

cool.gif

Prometheus will not be that movie.

Oh great, now you've ruined it for us!!!! wink.gif

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

QUOTE (Sin City @ Jun 9 2012, 03:24 AM)
Yeah, but seeing as somebody had to open their own thread on the same subject...................................

oops.gif

Sorry didn't see yours. I just found it. My bad.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, I even posted in that thread about a week and a half ago. D'oh

Edited by GeddyLeefan2112