Rush Petition Website

bucklemyshoe

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Jun 7 2012, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 7 2012, 12:03 PM)
Who here Really thinks the band reads this or cares if they do read it ? Fans were barking since 1982 for the Camera Eye and the Only reason we got it was because they did the whole album and Had to play it .

Was there internet in 1982...

Now where did i say that? Read between the lines jr. Do you want the Dumb down version ?

Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Jun 7 2012, 06:53 PM)
Ahhhh forget it.

Yes please , quit while you think your ahead

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 7 2012, 07:16 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 7 2012, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 7 2012, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE (cdollaz @ Jun 7 2012, 04:04 PM)
Meh, I'd rather have Signals, Grace Under Pressure, or Power Windows front-to-back.

The new one doesn't do much for me.

All of Farewell to Kings, Permanent Waves, or Hemispheres would be insane also.

Not to mention it would be the end of Geddy singing live. He would kill his voice trying to do the most of the material from AFTK and Hemispheres.

I don't mind if they play all of the new album on the tour but I would prefer if they break it up a bit throughout the show. I don't think the whole thing will get played though. There's still older material that needs to be played and even with as long as Rush plays, dedicating 12 spots in the set to one album is still a bit much. I say 8 new songs get played this tour.

Very true. I kind of forgot about his voice because of my excitement thinking about it. lol. Maybe they can pull some strings to make the song match what his voice sounds like now? I thought they did a pretty good job with Closer to the Heart on the TM tour.

Closer To The Heart really isn't that bad vocally for him though. I'm taking about the AFTK, Cygnus X-1 and Hemispheres mainly. I don't think any amount of reworking can make Geddy sound right doing those songs now. That's why those songs and others like Anthem and Bastille Day have not been in the set in over 30 years.

I thought this was originally just meant for having rush play the clockwork angels title track in the tour. I'm sure they will play it, but, I'm not looking forward to it. The title track is pretty weak ass if you ask me. Only songs they need to play from CWA is the following and I'd be happy.

Caravan

BU2B

Anarchist

Carnies

Headlong Flight.

Annnnd that be it. The rest are mediocre.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 7 2012, 07:28 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 7 2012, 07:16 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 7 2012, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 7 2012, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE (cdollaz @ Jun 7 2012, 04:04 PM)
Meh, I'd rather have Signals, Grace Under Pressure, or Power Windows front-to-back.

The new one doesn't do much for me.

All of Farewell to Kings, Permanent Waves, or Hemispheres would be insane also.

Not to mention it would be the end of Geddy singing live. He would kill his voice trying to do the most of the material from AFTK and Hemispheres.

I don't mind if they play all of the new album on the tour but I would prefer if they break it up a bit throughout the show. I don't think the whole thing will get played though. There's still older material that needs to be played and even with as long as Rush plays, dedicating 12 spots in the set to one album is still a bit much. I say 8 new songs get played this tour.

Very true. I kind of forgot about his voice because of my excitement thinking about it. lol. Maybe they can pull some strings to make the song match what his voice sounds like now? I thought they did a pretty good job with Closer to the Heart on the TM tour.

Closer To The Heart really isn't that bad vocally for him though. I'm taking about the AFTK, Cygnus X-1 and Hemispheres mainly. I don't think any amount of reworking can make Geddy sound right doing those songs now. That's why those songs and others like Anthem and Bastille Day have not been in the set in over 30 years.

Yeah, you're right. I'm just having super high wishful thinking. I wish I lived in the time where he could actually hit those notes. Cygnus X-II is probably my favorite epic from them. With Farewell to Kings being a classic favorite song from them.

QUOTE (UltimoGuitarist @ Jun 7 2012, 07:30 PM)
I thought this was originally just meant for having rush play the clockwork angels title track in the tour. I'm sure they will play it, but, I'm not looking forward to it. The title track is pretty weak ass if you ask me. Only songs they need to play from CWA is the following and I'd be happy.

Caravan
BU2B
Anarchist
Carnies
Headlong Flight.

Annnnd that be it. The rest are mediocre.

I beg to differ. lol. Seven Cities of Gold and the Wreckers would be awesome.

Edited by ShlappinDahBass

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Jun 7 2012, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 7 2012, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Jun 7 2012, 06:47 PM)
Setlist is done they are not going to change it

This far in advance of the shows? Doubt it very much.

Exactly 3 months until the opener... They have to learn the songs, practice, design a stage, get the crew in to practice, plan logistics for transporting/setting up the stage, have background videos designed/filmed/produced, ect.... They really don't have that much time.

And yet on several tours, they haven't finalized the setlist until the rehearsal the night before the show.

edited to add: Granted, in those cases, the difference was a song or two. I'm not suggesting they will crack a few beers the night before the tour starts and say "I guess we better figure out that setlist, eh?"

Edited by Merely Space

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Jun 7 2012, 11:33 AM)
Dear Lord, I know that I have not been the best, but please, no full CA on this tour....PLEASE??????????????????????????????????

My guess is the the majority of the folks attending the upcoming shows will not have listened to anything from CA - a string of CA tunes together will just have unpeasant consequences - IMO of course.

goodpost.gif

I think it's great that people like the album (as do I) and I want to hear some of the new stuff live.

SOME.

I would like them to stick the old policy of 6 new songs. But I think they'll push it.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade. I just want a good balanced show. A little new, a little 90s, 80s, 70s.

Dear Lord, I know that I have not been the best, but please, no full CA on this tour....PLEASE??????????????????????????????????

My guess is the the majority of the folks attending the upcoming shows will not have listened to anything from CA - a string of CA tunes together will just have unpeasant consequences - IMO of course.

The full CA would result in a concert buzzkill of frightening degree.

QUOTE (goose @ Jun 7 2012, 11:00 PM)

I concur! I hope they mix it up.

Did that happen in 1976 when they first played 2112 live? Or in '78 when they played Cyngus X-1 followed by Hemispheres? Thats 30 minutes of new music right there? And fans loved it. I am sure some were yelling, "Play In the Mood!" But for the most part, I like to think Rush fans aren't that close-minded about new material -- if its strong material.

The buzzkill during the 2nd set of SnA when they played what, 5 new tracks in a row? That was a bummer cause most of those songs were mediocre. CA kills those songs. IMO. smile.gif

Edited by wilb1972

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Jun 8 2012, 07:53 AM)

Did that happen in 1976 when they first played 2112 live? Or in '78 when they played Cyngus X-1 followed by Hemispheres? Thats 30 minutes of new music right there? And fans loved it. I am sure some were yelling, "Play In the Mood!" But for the most part, I like to think Rush fans aren't that close-minded about new material -- if its strong material.

The buzzkill during the 2nd set of SnA when they played what, 5 new tracks in a row? That was a bummer cause most of those songs were mediocre. CA kills those songs. IMO. smile.gif

I will never understand the logic behind that argument. There's a huge difference between when they played all that new material back in the mid to late 70s then there is now. They were still a new band on the music scene and most of their fans were probably younger and were opened to hearing the new material played. Plus, Rush didn't have that many albums so there wasn't as much material for the fans to digest like there is now, so more people were into the new music.

The major thing that's changed since then is how many big hits they had in the 80s and how the fanbase has changed because of that. The bulk of the crowd that goes to see them now are there for the hits and that's it. That's why playing a bunch of songs off the new album is so much different now then it was back during 2112/AFTK/Hemispheres era.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 8 2012, 08:45 AM)
QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Jun 8 2012, 07:53 AM)

I will never understand the logic behind that argument. There's a huge difference between when they played all that new material back in the mid to late 70s then there is now. They were still a new band on the music scene and most of their fans were probably younger and were opened to hearing the new material played. Plus, Rush didn't have that many albums so there wasn't as much material for the fans to digest like there is now, so more people were into the new music.

The major thing that's changed since then is how many big hits they had in the 80s and how the fanbase has changed because of that. The bulk of the crowd that goes to see them now are there for the hits and that's it. That's why playing a bunch of songs off the new album is so much different now then it was back during 2112/AFTK/Hemispheres era.

goodpost.gif Back then thats what we wanted to hear the new stuff AFTK tour we couldn't wait to hear the new songs same with Hemispheres. Nowadays if you dont give the crowd a healthy dose of hits and to many new songs forget it the concourses are filled with people just hanging out. Rush is probably the exception were its more then just casual fans seeing them

My $0.02:

The album is one story, it makes sense to play it complete.

At the same time, they didn't even do 2112 complete back when they were headlining shows in 1976... so who knows.

I would love to hear it all the way through. I have no sympathy for fans who only want old stuff. None at all. Play the whole new record.

As I said in another thread, I look at this more from a musical perspective. Do I think Clockwork Angels would make for a good 12 song back to back live show? Don't get me wrong, I do like the entire album. But I'm also not sure I would want to hear it all 100% live back to back in one sitting.

I feel torn on this for sure. But hey, glad to see fans passionate about this. Hope you guys get your wish.

Thanks for all the discussion. This album is awesome, and I dont think I would even considered voting for, or initiating such a topic for any other of the recent albums.

I consider Caravan and BU2B to be old songs on a new album, already played on a previous tour, so if they stick by their formula of 6 NEW songs, then those should be played and not considered new. So that would bring it to 8 - Hell - theres only 4 more to go and one of them is just over a minute long. Not a far reach.

IMO - Wish them Well and The Garden will not be played unless the entire album is played front to back.