Rush Petition Website

bucklemyshoe

I think the Rush Setlist survey site should be amended and have an option for "Clockwork Angels front to back". I am willing to bet it will become the top of the survey, and Rush would have no problem abliging to that request.

I sent a note to Skip Daly (sdaly@rushpetition.com) to ask that he add it to the petition.

If you support the cause, send a note to Skip to get it added.

That would be hands down the best kick-ass complimenet and thank-you, and Rush would be so pumped to oblige to that request, and the remainder of the show would be so STOKED with the boys raw energy.

Dear Lord, I know that I have not been the best, but please, no full CA on this tour....PLEASE??????????????????????????????????

My guess is the the majority of the folks attending the upcoming shows will not have listened to anything from CA - a string of CA tunes together will just have unpeasant consequences - IMO of course.

Edited by drgrendel

Just sent my message!

this would be great, and I agree, what better way to say thank you to Rush than to ask for them to play the entire album!

Who here Really thinks the band reads this or cares if they do read it ? Fans were barking since 1982 for the Camera Eye and the Only reason we got it was because they did the whole album and Had to play it .

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 7 2012, 12:03 PM)
Who here Really thinks the band reads this or cares if they do read it ? Fans were barking since 1982 for the Camera Eye and the Only reason we got it was because they did the whole album and Had to play it .

Don't drink the KOOL-AID. biggrin.gif

The band has said they read the petition and "take it into account" when they're working on the setlist, whatever that means.

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Jun 7 2012, 12:08 PM)

The band has said they read the petition and "take it into account" when they're working on the setlist, whatever that means.

What are they going to say ? Fu*k the fans we do what we want ? laugh.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 7 2012, 12:08 PM)

Don't drink the KOOL-AID. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

I understand the point of the fans asking for Camera Eye and not being heard, except with Moving Pictures album live.

But this is their product Fresh off the Press. We are not asking them to go back and open closed doors which we all know they are reluctant to do. They like to move forward.

This album is f*king fantastic, and deserves to be played front to back, and live. And it is Rush Now, not then !

BTW - I think the Moving Pictures album was a loophole so they could play what the fans were asking for. It's hard for Geddy to say in an interview "there's no f*king way we are going to play that song", and then later do it. Too much pride. But to say "well it was on the album so we had to play it". Then when they did, they enjoyed more than they ever thought.

Speaking of loopholes, on Headlong flight, Neil writes "I wish that I could live it all again", which I think at this point is him speaking, but so not to be hypocritical of past statements or songs, deflects it to Freddie. It is said way too often and there is too much focus on it to be just a tip of the hat to a long lost friend.

All my opinions of course, in the politics that is Rush

Back to the petition, this is just to get the option on the petition, and see how popular the idea is.

It is what it is

QUOTE (bucklemyshoe @ Jun 7 2012, 12:31 PM)
I understand the point of the fans asking for Camera Eye and not being heard, except with Moving Pictures album live.

But this is their product Fresh off the Press. We are not asking them to go back and open closed doors which we all know they are reluctant to do. They like to move forward.

This album is f*king fantastic, and deserves to be played front to back, and live. And it is Rush Now, not then !

BTW - I think the Moving Pictures album was a loophole so they could play what the fans were asking for. It's hard for Geddy to say in an interview "there's no f*king way we are going to play that song", and then later do it. Too much pride. But to say "well it was on the album so we had to play it". Then when they did, they enjoyed more than they ever thought.

Speaking of loopholes, on Headlong flight, Neil writes "I wish that I could live it all again", which I think at this point is him speaking, but so not to be hypocritical of past statements or songs, deflects it to Freddie. It is said way too often and there is too much focus on it to be just a tip of the hat to a long lost friend.

All my opinions of course, in the politics that is Rush

Back to the petition, this is just to get the option on the petition, and see how popular the idea is.

It is what it is

Actually, I read an interview with Neil where he said rather emphatically he would not do it all again, and that is very specifically Freddie's view, not his own.

QUOTE (cdollaz @ Jun 7 2012, 04:04 PM)
Meh, I'd rather have Signals, Grace Under Pressure, or Power Windows front-to-back.

The new one doesn't do much for me.

All of Farewell to Kings, Permanent Waves, or Hemispheres would be insane also.

Was there internet in 1982...

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Jun 7 2012, 06:47 PM)
Setlist is done they are not going to change it

This far in advance of the shows? Doubt it very much.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 7 2012, 06:55 PM)

Exactly 3 months until the opener... They have to learn the songs, practice, design a stage, get the crew in to practice, plan logistics for transporting/setting up the stage, have background videos designed/filmed/produced, ect.... They really don't have that much time.

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 7 2012, 04:08 PM)
Meh, I'd rather have Signals, Grace Under Pressure, or Power Windows front-to-back.

Not to mention it would be the end of Geddy singing live. He would kill his voice trying to do the most of the material from AFTK and Hemispheres.

I don't mind if they play all of the new album on the tour but I would prefer if they break it up a bit throughout the show. I don't think the whole thing will get played though. There's still older material that needs to be played and even with as long as Rush plays, dedicating 12 spots in the set to one album is still a bit much. I say 8 new songs get played this tour.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 7 2012, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 7 2012, 04:08 PM)

Not to mention it would be the end of Geddy singing live. He would kill his voice trying to do the most of the material from AFTK and Hemispheres.

I don't mind if they play all of the new album on the tour but I would prefer if they break it up a bit throughout the show. I don't think the whole thing will get played though. There's still older material that needs to be played and even with as long as Rush plays, dedicating 12 spots in the set to one album is still a bit much. I say 8 new songs get played this tour.

Very true. I kind of forgot about his voice because of my excitement thinking about it. lol. Maybe they can pull some strings to make the song match what his voice sounds like now? I thought they did a pretty good job with Closer to the Heart on the TM tour.

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Jun 7 2012, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 7 2012, 06:55 PM)

Exactly 3 months until the opener... They have to learn the songs, practice, design a stage, get the crew in to practice, plan logistics for transporting/setting up the stage, have background videos designed/filmed/produced, ect.... They really don't have that much time.

I bet its almost done but not complete yet