Do you now enjoy....

Presto-digitation

No change, cause they were already at the top tongue.gif

Loving the little changes though, that phaser on the bass of Caravan is gorgeous.

And in the liner notes, that Friedrich Gruber detail was a heart mover

Edited by samurai1993

QUOTE (samurai1993 @ Jun 6 2012, 07:39 PM)
No change, cause they were already at the top tongue.gif
Loving the little changes though, that phaser on the bass of Caravan is gorgeous.

And in the liner notes, that Friedrich Gruber detail was a heart mover

Yeah, that effect on the bass caught my ear immediately. Nice touch for sure.

The first time I heard "Caravan" I wasn't impressed, but it quickly grew on my and it is still on my "like" list. I love the disjointedness of it. It's a very good Rush song and opens the album perfectly.

"BU2B", at first, didn't really impress me. Now, in the context of the album and the remix, it blows me away. I gotta say, I love it. I think the melody is really strong. Great song.

"Headlong Flight", well, it's good, but nowhere near the best of what Clockwork Angels offers. That says a lot about how I feel about the album.

I like Caravan less, but HF and bu2b more. Hf is a great up tempo follow up to the melodic Wreckers....very nice contrast to it. And bu2 b redone is more intense and powerful...just lovin it, esp that fluttering synth middle part....total goose bumps!

I enjoy those tracks a lot but my enjoyment of them hasn't changed in relation to the whole album, possibly because I just can't(right now) see the progression of the story when I listen to the album. It has something to do with the flow some sings don't work very well lyrically and it doesn't feel as cohesive like a story to me. But nonetheless this is an album that shows that Rush is still rockin' all these years later.

I always liked Caravan, BU2B, and Headlong Flight. In the context of the album, it's more or less the same...although I will say that the remixes for Caravan and BU2B are WAY better than the Caravan single. Sounds more clearer, and less muddy. While I did notice the phaser on the bass, I also thought it was more in the mix if that makes sense. I can definitely hear more of the bass than I remembered from the Caravan single.

I LOVE the changes in Caravan and it makes it even better in my book. I loved it before but the tweaks and alterations just make it better.

BU2B... I like the acoustic intro but I don't care for the transition from the new intro to the original intro riff. Fade out.. then bam. I dunno, I don't dig it but it's not a song or album spoiler.

I honestly haven't listened to Headlong Flight in the context of the album yet. Maybe in a few days I'll want to hear it again, but I kind of got burned out on that one when it first came out.

I definitely love what they've done with Caravan, the bass sounds SO much better. Overall in context, Caravan is a wonderful opener, but the new intro to BU2B in my opinion kills the mood a little, but it's certainly not a deal breaker to me. Headlong Flight fits in very well with the progression of the album.

The remixes of Caravan and BU2B refreshed those songs nicely for me, so yeah, for me they fit in well with the rest of the album.

I like the new intro to BU2B. It's a cool little interlude between the opening one-two punch of Caravan/BU2B (and then, thirdly, the title track comes in and delivers a roundhouse kick to the head... and then, fourthly, the Anarchist gleefully stomps your prone body...)

I liked Caravan as a stand alone song from day one. Always thought BU2B was solid, but not awesome. I liked HF from the beginning too. But, it seemed like it needed the rest of the story surrounding it to really get in to it.

Now, I love all three!! I really enjoy the way they fit in the storyline. BU2B has come the furthest in terms of my appreciation. It is an excellent song!

QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ Jun 6 2012, 08:44 PM)
The remixes of Caravan and BU2B refreshed those songs nicely for me, so yeah, for me they fit in well with the rest of the album.

I like the new intro to BU2B. It's a cool little interlude between the opening one-two punch of Caravan/BU2B (and then, thirdly, the title track comes in and delivers a roundhouse kick to the head... and then, fourthly, the Anarchist gleefully stomps your prone body...)

Well said. Wish I'd both written that and come up with your screen name.

Well I always liked BU2B for his hard modern edge. Very Metallica-ish which is a good thing for me. I think Caravan is ok and that hasnt changed. Never loved it but just like it I guess. I think as far as album openers its just not even close to as good as stuff like Spirit, Tom Sawyer, Subdivions, DEW, Big Money, etc...

Like some of Headlong more now than I did, such as the verses and middle section, but still hate the chorus, "big steel wheels" section. Doesnt fit with the flow of the rest of the song and sounds very dated to me. Very Beatles sounding. Reminds me of S&A.

Like caravan and bu2b about the same. Hlf sounds better in the context of the album to me. And that is the best thing I can say about this project. The whole album has a flow and was crafted well. Not just a collection of random ideas and bits. ( see vt and s&a)

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 6 2012, 06:40 PM)
I like Caravan and BU2B about the same. However Headlong Flight sounds even better in the context of the album.

This

I like them more than before the album was released. After the first listens the whole thing flows and grows more and more. The 3 songs fit perfectly to the story.

Definately more.

With the songs put in the context of the album, they all rock. I think the aditions to Caravan and BU2B make them better....

This album gets better each time I listen to it...and the best part is, it's not even a good quality copy...next Tuesday it will be like re-discovering the album all over again!

• Like 1

Headlong Flight has been steadily growing on me for a good week to ten days, even before I had the whole album. Dare I say, I've been enjoying it more every time I listen to it, and think it's one of the best songs on the album - if I knew I would think it would be one of the best songs on the album two weeks ago, I would have thought that was a negative for the album as I wasn't enjoying it anywhere near as much. Now I see it as a big positive. I'm even finding it a lot more melodic and catchy than I original thought.

With Caravan and BU2B, the mixes are a marked improvement from the original versions. Caravan I'm really enjoying a lot more - part of it is the increased clarity in the mix, part of it is hearing it in context, and part of it is I think just an increased familiarity with the song. Not playing it for a really long time after the initial single came out has paid off for me as it's had time to grow, and now feels like an old acquaintance growing into becoming a cool, new friend.

I don't know if this will last, but last night I listened to BU2B for the 5th or 6th time since I've had CA, and I actually really enjoyed it. I was able to bypass the lyrics and enjoy the kick-ass music. I've only started to read the CA lyrics and think about the concept as a whole, but I might actually be able to not let the lyrics bother me on this song to the point I could grow to really like it - I wouldn't have thought that possible. This might just be part of the warm glow of my initial reaction to the album where I'm in a really forgiving mood, however. We'll see how it stands up. I'm still NOT enjoying BU2B2 though - it's so far the one glaring weaker spot on the album.

Edited by rushgoober

I really liked Caravan and BU2B to begin with, but I hadn't listened to them in a while before the album leaked. Now with the new mixes and the context of the album, I love them even more. Headlong Flight has been in heavy rotation since it came out and I still love it. Maybe even more on the album...it's a nice shot of energy after The Wreckers. Edited by Storm Shadow