Did anyone catch this?

It was aired on the History Channel over the Memorial Day weekend. I DVR'd it and just finished watching it last night. From what I read about this, it was very accurate.

It's really sad what hate and vengeance can do to people.

Watched the whole thing, it was awesome!

It was totally great...I mean very well done for the History Channel.

The entire series was shot on location in Romania in a remote area that resembled Appalachia.

Well worth the time.

My husband and I both loved it. He knows someone who is related to Hatfields, not too closely, but knows him. Husband said this guy is a little "off the wire" sometimes laugh.gif

Bill Paxton should get an Emmy nod IMO. I didn't even know it was him until I saw his name in the credits, than found on IMDB who he played (Rand'l)

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jun 6 2012, 11:29 AM)
My husband and I both loved it. He knows someone who is related to Hatfields, not too closely, but knows him. Husband said this guy is a little "off the wire" sometimes laugh.gif

Bill Paxton should get an Emmy nod IMO. I didn't even know it was him until I saw his name in the credits, than found on IMDB who he played (Rand'l)

"The haaaand of God"....

This annoyed me at the Mayweather-Cotto fight, the corners were sponsored by Hatfield and McCoy's all night.

So they'd go: "In the red, Hatfield corner "blah blah blah" and in the blue, McCoy's corner "so and so" what are they gonna sponsor next the ring lights? The refs butt? wacko.gif

This was fantastic.

I thought, "hmm, let me check this out on On Demand" and ended up watching all three parts back to back a few nights ago.

(Man, was I tired for work the next morning).

I couldn't stop watching...the story and the acting was so good.

I'm actually planning on watching this again.

Wonderful miniseries. I DVR'd and am probably going to burn to DVD to share with a friend who doesn't want to wait until the official release.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2012, 05:47 PM)
Wonderful miniseries. I DVR'd and am probably going to burn to DVD to share with a friend who doesn't want to wait until the official release.

It comes out on 31 July.

http://www.amazon.com/Hatfields-Mccoys-Blu...39023192&sr=1-2

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51twH-ZSsPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

After all the ads for this on the History channel over the past month or so, I wanted to make a point to give it a shot.

Turns out, it was AWESOME. Every night it had me glued to my seat, actually. The only thing I'll say is that it was really really hard to feel a ton of sympathy for the McCoys. It seemed like they started 90% of everything.

But very good. I'm probably going to buy this on DVD should it ever be available.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jun 6 2012, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2012, 05:47 PM)
Wonderful miniseries.  I DVR'd and am probably going to burn to DVD to share with a friend who doesn't want to wait until the official release.

It comes out on 31 July.

http://www.amazon.com/Hatfields-Mccoys-Blu...39023192&sr=1-2

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51twH-ZSsPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hahaha, and this is what happens when I don't read through the thread first.

Thanks!

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 6 2012, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 6 2012, 03:38 PM)

Crap , I forgot that was on, I wanted to watch it D'oh!

Me too. I'm going to catch a repeat sometime when I have nothing to do or buy the DVD.

I just saw it is on today on Lifetime. Part 1 & 2 are on today and Part 3 tomorrow.

DVRed it to watch with Diane after she got home from work...so one night later than aired, but saw the whole thing. At 2AM grim and intense is grimmer and more intense

Hopefully not watered down and edited on Lifetime. The profanity and imagery just makes it all the better for you to immerse yourself in the history

Finally got to watch this over the last few days and it was a very good miniseries. I had always known of the feud between them but was never quite sure of all the details and this show painted a great picture of that. I know it was a different century and laws weren't the same then but it's mind blowing to think about how long this rivalry lasted and how many lives were taken during it.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 9 2012, 06:13 AM)
Finally got to watch this over the last few days and it was a very good miniseries. I had always known of the feud between them but was never quite sure of all the details and this show painted a great picture of that. I know it was a different century and laws weren't the same then but it's mind blowing to think about how long this rivalry lasted and how many lives were taken during it.

^^ my thoughts exactly! I knew of the Hatfields and McCoys but not the fact that the feud wiped out so many sad.gif. It was an interesting story though.

Just started watching this last night. It's on Comcast On Demand. Damn it's good. Stayed up way too late, and I'm in a fog today! laugh.gif

And the McCoys are a bunch of whiny bitches!

Watched Parts 1 and 2 in succession on the first airings, but couldnt get to the 3rd part til last night.

DAMN good stuff. I, too, was riveted each and every episode. I think I'm going to have to purchase this when it comes out. I'd love to watch it over again...and again!

(an aside...with both Mare Winningham and Kevin Costner in leading roles, I couldnt help making a few "Wyatt Earp" comparisons.)