Received my CA Fanpack this morning.

Terrapin

I'm thinking about ordering the fanpack from Amazon UK (I'm in the US). The price on Amazon US is just too much. I'm just concerned about how much they will charge for shipping. Says total will be USD 23.30 at checkout with shipping. Can I order it this way via Amazon UK or will they tack on any charges later? Never ordered via the UK site before. Any answers?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Jun 6 2012, 06:12 PM)
I'm thinking about ordering the fanpack from Amazon UK (I'm in the US). The price on Amazon US is just too much. I'm just concerned about how much they will charge for shipping. Says total will be USD 23.30 at checkout with shipping. Can I order it this way via Amazon UK or will they tack on any charges later? Never ordered via the UK site before. Any answers?

the price you see on the checkout page is the price you pay.

however, your CC company may add an "International transaction fee".

check with your bank.

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Jun 6 2012, 05:12 PM)

I'd wait if I were you, as Barnes and Noble (if you have one near you) will carry it when it is released.

They go quick, but I purchased Slash's fanpack release and an extra Alice Cooper "Welcome 2 My Nightmare" fanpack at the store near me.

They have Blondies new album fanpack there now.

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Jun 6 2012, 05:12 PM)

I live in the U.S., and I order from Amazon UK all the time. You'll only be charged the checkout price, no hidden charges.

Thinking about ordering this myself. It's only about $10.00 more than the standard version.

I assume that most of you think the extras are worth the extra ten bucks?

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 6 2012, 07:01 PM)
For anyone who has already received their Fan Pack in the US, where did you order it from?

trink36.gif

myfavouritemagazines.co.uk

(Be aware that I did NOT get any notice from them...it just arrived today!)

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 6 2012, 06:09 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 6 2012, 07:01 PM)
For anyone who has already received their Fan Pack in the US, where did you order it from?

trink36.gif

myfavouritemagazines.co.uk

(Be aware that I did NOT get any notice from them...it just arrived today!)

Cool, thanks! trink39.gif But you're in Canada, right? I guess it probably wouldn't make any difference, shipping from the UK to Canada or to the US. Just trying to confirm where those in the US got their early packs from.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 6 2012, 08:25 AM)
In case you were wondering...just got the package delivered to me in my hands!! 1022.gif

Let us know what you think once it sets in. You have been holding out so I hope you like it. wink.gif

I apologize if this was answered elsewhere. I can't seem to find it.

But, to those that received the fanpack. Is there a second disc with bonus content? Does it have a longer "making of" video? I'm confused about some of the information I've seen.

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Jun 7 2012, 08:38 AM)

But, to those that received the fanpack. Is there a second disc with bonus content? Does it have a longer "making of" video? I'm confused about some of the information I've seen.

Not that I found.

In my package, I received:

- Clockwork Angels CD

- Magazine

- Poster (with all the names of the people who ordered it)

- Double-sided Poster

- CA Keychain

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Jun 7 2012, 12:38 PM)

But, to those that received the fanpack.  Is there a second disc with bonus content?  Does it have a longer "making of" video?  I'm confused about some of the information I've seen.

There's a link towards the back of the CD booklet that points you to the

web page where the "Bonus Content" is.

The link is up on RIAB since....

Nice video..... A little short though....

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 7 2012, 01:19 PM)
I can't hear fanpack and not think that people are saying fanny-pack.

Yes, and it's even funnier over here, because a fanny isn't what you call a fanny.

(*whispers* it's a lady's unmentionables.....)

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 6 2012, 08:05 AM)
Did anybody here order their fanpack from myfavouritemagazines.co.uk?

So far, I haven't seen anything at all from them...

Yep, I ordered it from myfavouritemagazines.co.uk and -still- no notification!

wacko.gif sad.gif

hope it doesn't come late (or not at all), or I'll be pissed off... rage.gif

In case you were wondering...just got the package delivered to me in my hands!! 1022.gif

O.O ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

OK ignore my above post!!!!

**crosses his fingers**

QUOTE (Xanaseb @ Jun 7 2012, 11:58 AM)
In case you were wondering...just got the package delivered to me in my hands!!  1022.gif

O.O ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

OK ignore my above post!!!!

**crosses his fingers**

Yeah, the only thing is I notice you're in the UK.

It's possible that they are sending out the local ones closer to the 12th, since there is less shipment time.

Just my guess...

QUOTE (movinghemispheres @ Jun 7 2012, 06:29 PM)
I received mine today!!! Really happy with it, some nice stuff

Listening for the 2nd time to the album while reading the magazine biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

QUOTE (jesse2112)
Got mine today  trink38.gif

Did you guys receive an email saying it had been dispatched, or did it just turn up? smile.gif

Also, I don't know if you use letterboxes in either of your home countries, but if you do, does it fit through the letterbox? I can't guarantee I'll be home when mine arrives, so I was wondering if it is post-able trink39.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 7 2012, 09:19 AM)
I can't hear fanpack and not think that people are saying fanny-pack.

Yeah and coincidentally Rush fans are probably one demographic of gibbering nerds who would probably wear such a thing.

laugh.gif

It's probably the Queen anniversary that paralyses the whole mail in the UK.