60-second samples (Clockwork Angels clips

MUSICinTheABsTrAcT

Now it's much easier to analyze! Halo Effect sounds exceptionally strong IMO. Geddy's vocals are a little odd, but nothing odd.

Seven Cities of Gold sounds very upbeat and complex.

The Wreckers has to be my favorite preview, so far smile.gif

Edited by FountainOfSyrinx

Great! It's more clear, now... I'm happy.

In my personal chart, CA has the stronger material since Counterparts.

Being that Counterparts has at least 3 fillers, the previous Rush CD this strong is... in my opinion, Moving pictures.

Remember that this album is long twice Signals or PoW... so take the best 8 songs of 12...

Edited by Alexmai

Thank you. Many songs worked better this way.

Carnies, Seven Cities of Gold, The Wreckers and The Garden all sound very good. Clockwork Angels hasn't completely convinced me. I have to hear more.

Didn't expect every song to be masterpiece. The Anarchist sounds dull. Halo Effect sounds bit meh, like does BU2B2 too. Wish Them Well is at least catchy and has okay melody but it seems to be pretty simple song and wore out pretty quickly.

I don't wanna speculate too much how good this album will be after only hearing the clips and not the whole album but if there is even 5-6 songs that are good the album won't be a dissapointment. We have got 3 great songs already so I'm hopeful that this will be the best Rush album since Counterparts.

TO ALL of the people that slammed the second 30 second previews yesterday:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/320835_o.gif

This is the best I have heard from them in two decades I reiterate.

And again I will reemphasize the thought that there is either Grammy nomination or win coming.

Rush is a band that usually takes several listens to "get each song"..... There's something very special about these songs.

All of them grab me instantly...from the very first listen, and the words have deep connection with the music, and the mix is brilliant.

Bravo Alex, Geddy, and Neil, Bravo!!!!!!!!!

And to the idiot that compared Alex's playing to that of Joan Jett:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/810488/8_medium.gif

Edited to say thanks to MiTA for his excellent work and an applause for all he brings to this forum! applaudit.gif

Edited by vital signz

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jun 4 2012, 06:40 AM)
TO ALL of the people that slammed the second 30 second previews yesterday:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/320835_o.gif

This is the best I have heard from them in two decades I reiterate.

And again I will reemphasize the thought that there is either Grammy nomination or win coming.

Rush is a band that usually takes several listens to "get each song"..... There's something very special about these songs.

All of them grab me instantly...from the very first listen, and the words have deep connection with the music, and the mix is brilliant.

Bravo Alex, Geddy, and Neil, Bravo!!!!!!!!!

And to the idiot that compared Alex's playing to that of Joan Jett:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/810488/8_medium.gif

Edited to say thanks to MiTA for his excellent work and an applause for all he brings to this forum! applaudit.gif

HA HA! rofl3.gif

well done, it certainly makes for an interesting look at what we can expect still not getting BU2B2 don't like the effect on the whole song lol but it will probably end up being my favourite track on the album. Such is the nature of Rush and their songs. Although Vapour Trails is still my least favourite of their albums never really grew on me. unsure.gif I am loving what we have had so far with this album BU2B, Caravan and now Headlong have become my favourite rush material to listen to at the moment.

thanks for it biggrin.gif smile.gif. but:

waffen093.gif --- --- -- 30 SEC SAMPLES

no.gif

Edited by Xanaseb