new clips rule out going to see this tour

lonelymoon

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 3 2012, 08:00 PM)
QUOTE (lonelymoon @ Jun 3 2012, 07:56 PM)
Well, rush writes standard verse,chorus,verse songs, so with these clips you have heard half of the basic structure of the song, most of either the verse or the chorus.  There may be a middle section with a solo like in HF and Caravan, but I would not hold my breath for any pleasant surprises.  Listen to the Italian clip for seven cities; listen to the "melody" of the guitar and vocals and ask yourself where they could possibly go from there to salvage that song.  Quite a stretch if you ask me.

unsure.gif

Oohhh, someone who knows something about good song writing. Nice to see around here.

You two should start a club and talk other non-sensical garbage about music. I'm sure your discussion about Kirk Hammett's solo in Headlong Flight is a scorcher.

What I don't get is how they can say things like Neil did in his last update, that this is the best work they have ever done. Are they serious, or are they just hoping that if they whip up enough rush mania, no one will notice that the emperor has no clothes? (new musical ideas) Edited by lonelymoon

This has to be a troll, right? RIGHT?! I mean, I'm no fan of the new 30 second clips but to deduce that the album is going to blow so badly that you'll want to pass on the tour is ludicrous. The songs could translate VERY well live. yes.gif

I wasn't into Rush when VT was released but didn't the VT songs sound awesome live?

Edited by Alchemical

QUOTE (lonelymoon @ Jun 3 2012, 07:37 PM)
What I don't get is how they can say things like Neil did in his last update, that this is the best work they have ever done. Are they serious, or are they just hoping that if they whip up enough rush mania, no one will notice that the emperor has no clothes? (new musical ideas)

Your opinion is not their opinion and shouldn't be. They're writing what excites them at the moment and so it's natural they'd be excited by it. That's not deception, it's their perspective. If they're ever at a point where they think "Uh... it's just ok I guess" that's when they should quit.