New Sample clips, not the Walmart first 30 sec one

vaportrails2002

QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Jun 3 2012, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 3 2012, 08:48 PM)
Seven Cities of Gold sounds a little like "Working them Angels".

confused13.gif

Too bad. I think one "Working them Angels" was enough.

I would actually prefer the song never having been made. biggrin.gif

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CruisingInPrimetime @ Jun 3 2012, 08:39 PM)
Seriously, am I the only Rush fan who thinks VT and S&A could be their best two albums to date?

you and maybe Tony R?

Ummm, my name is Fred Garvin, and I have herd of this new band, I think therr name is Rash (thats what the drummers name was on his shiiirt), Can anyone tell me of their favourite disc that they may have produced sonically, that I may enjoy??? Im not into bits and bytes.....

Sounds like this album is just going to turn out to be another Snakes & Arrows or Vapor Trails. Oh wait, those albums were brilliant. Seriously, am I the only Rush fan who thinks VT and S&A could be their best two albums to date?

I'll split the difference, to me S&A is one of their absolute best and VT is maybe their worst (not that I hate it though, and there is an undeniable energy to it that I know attracts people, I just think the execution is lacking). All I know is this, don't give in to the consensus. Hell, Caress of Steel has some of the most passionate defenders around, people who think it's the best thing they ever did, even though it nearly ended the band and basically destroyed their fan base. People who will tell you that everybody loves Rush for the old stuff don't ever seem to acknowledge that they weren't exactly Led Zeppelin or The Who in the 70s, they were still doing some opening shows even on the AFTK tour and even the "headline" shows were at smaller halls. Many of those albums didn't really sell well until there was a back catalog surge following Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures.

Some of the oldest fans who took so much pride in Rush ignoring their critics and management and doing what they thought was best are now the first people in line to say Rush should sound the way those fans think they should sound. And the fans back then who ignored all the critical bashing of Rush because of their own love of the band will now tell you you can't really like certain albums unless you're just a non-thinking worshipper.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss... indeed. It's bizarre and frustrating.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jun 3 2012, 07:08 PM)
Sounds like this album is just going to turn out to be another Snakes & Arrows or Vapor Trails.  Oh wait, those albums were brilliant.  Seriously, am I the only Rush fan who thinks VT and S&A could be their best two albums to date?

I'll split the difference, to me S&A is one of their absolute best and VT is maybe their worst (not that I hate it though, and there is an undeniable energy to it that I know attracts people, I just think the execution is lacking). All I know is this, don't give in to the consensus. Hell, Caress of Steel has some of the most passionate defenders around, people who think it's the best thing they ever did, even though it nearly ended the band and basically destroyed their fan base. People who will tell you that everybody loves Rush for the old stuff don't ever seem to acknowledge that they weren't exactly Led Zeppelin or The Who in the 70s, they were still doing some opening shows even on the AFTK tour and even the "headline" shows were at smaller halls. Many of those albums didn't really sell well until there was a back catalog surge following Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures.

Some of the oldest fans who took so much pride in Rush ignoring their critics and management and doing what they thought was best are now the first people in line to say Rush should sound the way those fans think they should sound. And the fans back then who ignored all the critical bashing of Rush because of their own love of the band will now tell you you can't really like certain albums unless you're just a non-thinking worshipper.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss... indeed. It's bizarre and frustrating.

I'm the opposite of you. I'm quite fond of VT for (production/mastering aside) - but think Snakes & Arrows is absolutely dreadful.

I really hope this isn't Snakes & Arrows pt 2.

After listening to these new clips about 5 times now, They are really growing on me. Specially the ones I disliked at first (The Anarchist & & cities of Gold). So that's a good thing. They could have grown negativtly!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 3 2012, 10:34 PM)
After listening to these new clips about 5 times now, They are really growing on me. Specially the ones I disliked at first (The Anarchist & & cities of Gold). So that's a good thing. They could have grown negativtly!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 3 2012, 10:34 PM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Interesting. See with me, I loved The Anarchist right from the beginning while Carnies and Seven Cities of Gold bummed me out a bit (especially the Italian clips). It's great they are growing on you. Seven Cities of Gold I'm liking more hearing the clips a bit more, but Carnies I'm definitely gonna have to wait till I hear it fully to know for sure if it has potential. smile.gif