New Sample clips, not the Walmart first 30 sec one

vaportrails2002

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Jun 3 2012, 04:09 PM)
Instrumental? unsure.gif

If you're talking about what I think you are.. they were just referencing the musical aspect of each piece, lyrics and vocals aside.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jun 3 2012, 04:07 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 3 2012, 02:20 AM)
Ok I've listened and I'm not so sure about them...  ohmy.gif  wacko.gif

sad.gif

Me either. Its why I have not let myself get excited. The first snippets always sound good and exciting, then you hear the rest. These snippets sound more like the ho-hum Rush of the last 15 years.

Snakes did that to me. The teasers sounded really good, like Spindrift. But when the whole songs were here, it was, well......Spindrift.

Too small of a sample at this point, so I will remain as optimistic as I can. Strongly doubt the good as MP hype.

Good to keep expectations reasonable.

I'm curious, and would LIKE to hear opinions on this.

Why can't people just let it go, that Rush doesn't write like they used to? Technically, it's been 20 years since anything "different" came out. I wish people would come to realise that Rush write differently than they used to. And if they don't like the new material, then maybe they should stop listening to new Rush, period.

It's perfectly fine. And i'm more than CERTAIN that we all do that with a certain band.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 3 2012, 05:05 PM)

Why can't people just let it go, that Rush doesn't write like they used to? Technically, it's been 20 years since anything "different" came out. I wish people would come to realise that Rush write differently than they used to. And if they don't like the new material, then maybe they should stop listening to new Rush, period.

It's perfectly fine. And i'm more than CERTAIN that we all do that with a certain band.

Yeah, stop listening and stop whining, moaning and bitching

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Jun 3 2012, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Jun 3 2012, 04:09 PM)
Instrumental?      unsure.gif

If you're talking about what I think you are.. they were just referencing the musical aspect of each piece, lyrics and vocals aside.

No, I was wondering if there is no instrumental on this record...

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jun 3 2012, 05:14 PM)
There's no instrumental on this album

Too bad as far as I'm concerned. But okay. Still my favorite band! The clips?....meh. But we shall see the whole package soon. I'm holding out hope.

I must say though, after this long of a wait plus all the hype, I was expecting to be blown away. The clips did NOT blow me away but like I said, we shall see.

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Jun 3 2012, 05:29 PM)
QUOTE (Phantom @ Jun 3 2012, 05:14 PM)
There's no instrumental on this album

Too bad as far as I'm concerned. But okay. Still my favorite band! The clips?....meh. But we shall see the whole package soon. I'm holding out hope.

I must say though, after this long of a wait plus all the hype, I was expecting to be blown away. The clips did NOT blow me away but like I said, we shall see.

it all started with the listening party. than one great review after another....

For the most part I have let it go. I do realize that Rush writes differently now. Things change and all that. Change can be good, change can be not so good.

Why do I still listen to new Rush when their last several albums have been, in my opinion, forgetable or bad (Snakes)? Because they are Rush. Because they were THE formative band in my youth. I lived, ate and breathed every note of every album. I dreamed Rush. For me, as absurd a notion as it is, they were family in my mind and heart. Is was that kind of connection.

Honestly that was immature, silliness on my part. But it was what it was. I was a fanboi and I loved it!

So I'm here, hoping with every new release that they hit my fanboi button and suck me back in to that place where every note and song lights up my soul. And I can bask in that immature, silly, exciting, wonderful plane of existance again.

Just for a little bit.

Oh to be young again.

Not gonna happen. Its disappointing when it doesn't each time, but not unexpected.

So forgive some of us for raining on your parade. I'll endeavor not to do that anymore as depriving you guys still in that plane of all its pleasure is not why I'm here.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jun 3 2012, 05:58 PM)

For the most part I have let it go. I do realize that Rush writes differently now. Things change and all that. Change can be good, change can be not so good.

Why do I still listen to new Rush when their last several albums have been, in my opinion, forgetable or bad (Snakes)? Because they are Rush. Because they were THE formative band in my youth. I lived, ate and breathed every note of every album. I dreamed Rush. For me, as absurd a notion as it is, they were family in my mind and heart. Is was that kind of connection.

Honestly that was immature, silliness on my part. But it was what it was. I was a fanboi and I loved it!

So I'm here, hoping with every new release that they hit my fanboi button and suck me back in to that place where every note and song lights up my soul. And I can bask in that immature, silly, exciting, wonderful plane of existance again.

Just for a little bit.

Oh to be young again.

Not gonna happen. Its disappointing when it doesn't each time, but not unexpected.

So forgive some of us for raining on your parade. I'll endeavor not to do that anymore as depriving you guys still in that plane of all its pleasure is not why I'm here.

What was the last record that really did it for you? Just curious.

Im the same way pound. I havent truly loved a Rush album since, uh I guess Presto. That was over 20 years ago, lol. But I still love the band and still interested in what they do.

Each album since at least has a couple songs I like on it, which is fine for me. Ive gotten more than enough great music out of them. I would have been fine if they never put out another album after Presto. By then they already had a stellar career.

I think their last 3 albums (not incl CA of course... yet), have been total forgettable trash, and not trash relative to Rush, but just trash in general. Just really average rock albums with tons of filler songs, no tracks that really get my blood racing with excitement, nothing special about them in any way at all, but I keep coming back when new albums come along because I know it could be the last and just hoping for something special.

Im still hoping for that with CA, but if I dislike most of this album outside of maybe a few songs that wouldnt shock me at all. I dont like what ive heard in the clips except a couple parts, and Wreckers has a strong chorus, dont like Caravan or HF, like BU2B, so we'll see.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 3 2012, 04:03 PM)
Im the same way pound. I havent truly loved a Rush album since, uh I guess Presto. That was over 20 years ago, lol. But I still love the band and still interested in what they do.

Each album since at least has a couple songs I like on it, which is fine for me. Ive gotten more than enough great music out of them. I would have been fine if they never put out another album after Presto. By then they already had a stellar career.

I think their last 3 albums (not incl CA of course... yet), have been total forgettable trash, and not trash relative to Rush, but just trash in general. Just really average rock albums with tons of filler songs, no tracks that really get my blood racing with excitement, nothing special about them in any way at all, but I keep coming back when new albums come along because I know it could be the last and just hoping for something special.

Im still hoping for that with CA, but if I dislike most of this album outside of maybe a few songs that wouldnt shock me at all. I dont like what ive heard in the clips except a couple parts, and Wreckers has a strong chorus, dont like Caravan or HF, like BU2B, so we'll see.

wow Trenken we had no idea.

that being said, the song Clockwork Angels sounds kick ass smile.gif

Edited by Rushman14

Haven't heard one single clip. I'm glad I didn't listen to them, when I read all the comments here. I think this album will shine in its entirety and everyone of you will find his personal magic moments in there.

Hoping for my copy tomorrow to let it shine!!!

Cheers trink38.gif

The problem with these sample clips is that they're very short and taken from the middle of the tracks - that simply doesn't flatter music good or bad. Samples excerpting the first 30 seconds of each song are better because that's the music one is supposed to hear first.

Furthermore, in spite of any ho-hum samples I expect this album to be a winner on the basis that the 3 songs I've heard in full are all very good, and if they are representative of the album's average quality (as seems to be the opinion of those who've heard Clockwork Angels in its entirety) then it will inevitably be a far better album than Snakes and Arrows, and perhaps their best since Hold Your Fire.

Edited by James_G

I listened to all of the clips over again, and I noticed listening to BU2B2 with headphones that it kinda gave me a vibe of the soft part of Soliloquy from 2112. The difference between the two, however, is that while the protagonist in 2112 committed suicide because he couldn't live in a world void of music and what he discovered, the character in CA wants to live. The character is reflecting on the journey and realizes that while things are so shitty, he still wants to go onward. There seems to be a common bleakness of the situation in the tone or delivery by reflecting on what has happened and what to do from here.

"Oh, life goes from bad to worst, I still choose to live. By the measure of love and laughter..."

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jun 3 2012, 08:57 PM)
I listened to all of the clips over again, and I noticed listening to BU2B2 with headphones that it kinda gave me a vibe of the soft part of Soliloquy from 2112. The difference between the two, however, is that while the protagonist in 2112 committed suicide because he couldn't live in a world void of music and what he discovered, the character in CA wants to live. The character is reflecting on the journey and realizes that while things are so shitty, he still wants to go onward. There seems to be a common bleakness of the situation in the tone or delivery by reflecting on what has happened and what to do from here.

"Oh, life goes from bad to worst, I still choose to live. By the measure of love and laughter..."

Yeah. I was really enjoying the lyrics to this, However the music has really lowered my expectations on this song!

sad.gif