New Sample clips, not the Walmart first 30 sec one

vaportrails2002

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but wonder how much RoadRunner had to pay off critics to assuage their opinions and more or less declare this album as Rush's final masterpiece... I mean how else would they build up the hype? no.gif

BAD Roadrunner, BAD! dazed025.gif

So terribly disappointed...it sounds like aborted VT songs. I PRAY to the 2.gif gods that my opinion will be swayed once I listen to the full songs and not just out of context clips. Can't see this cracking Top 10 Rush albums now though. sad.gif no.gif

Edited by Alchemical

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jun 3 2012, 02:01 PM)
I can't help but wonder how much RoadRunner had to pay off critics to assuage their opinions and more or less declare this album as Rush's final masterpiece... I mean how else would they build up the hype? no.gif

So terribly disappointed...it sounds like aborted VT songs. I PRAY to the 2.gif gods that my opinion will be swayed once I listen to the full songs and not just out of context clips. Can't see this cracking Top 10 Rush albums now though. sad.gif no.gif

1) those critics HAVE heard the entire tunes.

2) the critics have had varying viewpoints.. just like everyone has on this forum.

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jun 3 2012, 02:01 PM)

So terribly disappointed...it sounds like aborted VT songs. I PRAY to the  2.gif gods that my opinion will be swayed once I listen to the full songs and not just out of context clips. Can't see this cracking Top 10 Rush albums now though.  sad.gif  no.gif

The over the top positive reviews certainly dont match the quality of the clips. But as everyones saying, these are only clips and theres alot more music to be heard. Im concerned, but holding out hope that it lives up to the critics' hype.

Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (vaportrails2002 @ Jun 3 2012, 02:06 AM)
enjoy. not the first 30 seconds of each song either!

sample clips

Here we are from Italy... when I saw the link, what a surprise!

Ibs is probably the main site here where you can buy music and books and videos... I checked some days ago for previews of CA, without success... and then bum! smile.gif

I tried to download the songs... apparently they are downloadable! wink.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jun 3 2012, 12:31 PM)

sample clips

Ibs is probably the main site here where you can buy music and books and videos... I checked some days ago for previews of CA, without success... and then bum! smile.gif

so did you download them? did it work???? jesus christ man, there are hungry fans around here, and if you're not careful they'll bit your head off if you don't let us know! tongue.gif

About the previews... first listen, delusion. Second listen, faith. They're better than it seems.

Is there already a 12 minutes version with the two different previews? wink.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 3 2012, 02:33 PM)
QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jun 3 2012, 12:31 PM)

sample clips

so did you download them? did it work???? jesus christ man, there are hungry fans around here, and if you're not careful they'll bit your head off if you don't let us know! tongue.gif

Ditto. wink.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jun 3 2012, 12:34 PM)
About the previews... first listen, delusion. Second listen, faith. They're better than it seems.

Is there already a 12 minutes version with the two different previews? wink.gif

that would be cool, especially if it was 30 seconds from walmart, 30 seconds from italy for the first song, then the same for the 2nd song, etc. biggrin.gif

Well, I have painfully learned the hard way listening to 30 second clips. I have purchased CD's from unknown bands and when I got it, it was utter crap. And vice versa. I have discovered later that very bad clips was actually very good.

Regarding the CA clips, they are more or less what I expected. I have no clue what to think. And that is the good with me and Rush. I always need multiple listens to finally grasp the songs. I have always been disappointed, ever since Hold Your Fire, which was my first Rush release.

I will not listen more to thse 30 sec clips, they only confuse.

I dont think I will like the entire album, I have not done that on the last 5-10 albums. Though, I have not heard anything that would prove this to be true this time.

What is a fact is that I will like at least 3 of the songs. For the others I have heard some promising clips.

Interesting. Only a few days until the truth is uncovered.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 3 2012, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jun 3 2012, 12:34 PM)

Is there already a 12 minutes version with the two different previews?  wink.gif

that would be cool, especially if it was 30 seconds from walmart, 30 seconds from italy for the first song, then the same for the 2nd song, etc. biggrin.gif

Ask MITA wink.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 3 2012, 08:48 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 3 2012, 02:38 PM)
Ok ladies, the album has leaked!!!!!!

Go fetch.

No it hasn't.

I bet you were the last one in your year to lose their virginity, weren't you?

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jun 3 2012, 02:49 PM)
Well I'm downloading something. All those PC viruses don't affect my mac so I'll see what it is. ETA: about 20 minutes.

He's on a mission from the prog Gods......despite how more or less prog this new album is

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 3 2012, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 3 2012, 08:48 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 3 2012, 02:38 PM)
Ok ladies, the album has leaked!!!!!!

Go fetch.

No it hasn't.

I bet you were the last one in your year to lose their virginity, weren't you?

Oh you. laugh.gif Please, continue with your dry humour. It is right up my alley.