Walmart.com

Rush-O-Matic

What?! Why in the world would Roadrunner want to pull samples from a major retailer? That's just bizarre to say, this is standard operating procedure, not a "leak" of any sort. They'll be on Amazon and itunes (probably 90 second clips) soon.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jun 1 2012, 04:45 PM)
What?! Why in the world would Roadrunner want to pull samples from a major retailer? That's just bizarre to say, this is standard operating procedure, not a "leak" of any sort. They'll be on Amazon and itunes (probably 90 second clips) soon.

Not sure I want to listen to 90 second clips. That will be revealing too much before I get the record. Hope I don't cave but I probably will. dazed025.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 1 2012, 04:52 PM)

Not sure I want to listen to 90 second clips. That will be revealing too much before I get the record. Hope I don't cave but I probably will. dazed025.gif

Hahaha i'm totally in the same boat.. I know i'll give in to the 90 second samples

Edited by Xanaseb

QUOTE (Xanaseb @ Jun 1 2012, 07:22 PM)

I hereby solemnly swear not to watch the 90 second clips if they come out at self punishment of eating garlic and drinking vodka at the same time

OK... I'm going to be regretting this aren't I?...

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

rofl3.gif wacko.gif

Damn!! I had this great idea to use the first :30 from these clips, and make a youtube video, but after the first :30 cut to Rick Astley for the remainder of the time.

Friggin' youtube copyright police got to it though. It was blocked before it ever aired.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Jun 1 2012, 09:15 PM)
Damn!! I had this great idea to use the first :30 from these clips, and make a youtube video, but after the first :30 cut to Rick Astley for the remainder of the time.

Friggin' youtube copyright police got to it though. It was blocked before it ever aired.

Damn! That would have been great. A delayed Ric-roll. rofl3.gif

Definitely agree with those who have mentioned the "My Favorite Headache" comparisons. I thought that immediately when hearing both "The Wreckers" and "The Garden".

I was surprised when I read others were thinking it too.

"The Garden" in particular reminded me a whole lot of "The Angel's Share".

There's definitely nothing wrong with these comparisons. "My Favorite Headache" is one of my favorite non-Rush albums. Geddy kicked with that album and I've always hoped the guys would play some "MFH" on the road.

Besides that, these 30 second clips are F***ing F**TASTIC!

Walmart??? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT!!!

(But then too, Walmart had "Snakes and Arrows" stocked the week before it's official release. Good Old Sam Walton. What a guy!)

The verse to Wish Them Well has the same chord progression as Birdland by Weather Report. Which means it is awesome. The verse arpeggios sound like they're from the RTB era.

Definitely getting that whole entering the city feel that Alex described on Seven Cities of Gold. Sounds like the intro to Columbia by Oasis.

Clockwork Angels sounds like One of These Days by Pink Floyd (of course the rest is probably not gonna end up sounding anything like it).

A lot of MFH vibes on the songs, which, to me, is a good thing.

The Wreckers sounds like The Who during the intro and sounds like the British band Doves during the verse.

Edited by Joesaracer

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 1 2012, 05:52 PM)

I didn;t listen to them and doubt I will. I'm not sure why but I just don't feel like it. Waiting for songs.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 1 2012, 10:25 PM)
anarchist and carnies sounds a little dokken like to me. sounds good.

Dokken like? laugh.gif Are you being serious?..

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 1 2012, 10:46 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 1 2012, 10:25 PM)
anarchist and carnies sounds a little dokken like to me.  sounds good.

Dokken like? laugh.gif Are you being serious?..

They're gonna f*ckin DRESS like Dokken too! With new coiffured blonde wigs teased and hairsprayed to a tinseled shaggy extreme. Shiny coloured spangled capes of purple, green and red with large silver and gold baubles at the collar and a sheen that can blind. Tight girlie nylon pants with ankle breaking high heeled boots and lipstick and eyeliner that will make your girlfriend puke with envy and leave her with her most squintest gaze!

wacko.gif unsure.gif huh.gif cool10.gif 1022.gif

I can learn to resist...(anything but new Rush???). Walmart is giving me a hard time. I'll try not to click those damned little spoiler buttons. *SIGH*

greyfriar i know its probably a matter of principle but you aint learning a whole lot by clicking those buttons, they just tempting little teaser trailers really, stop punishing yourself with self discipline and let it go for once

tempted.gif

firedevil.gif