Walmart.com

Rush-O-Matic

QUOTE (xredsectorx @ May 31 2012, 07:08 PM)
Still can't get them to play with Windows Media Player or RealPlayer... I'm dying here!!!!

I could only get them to play in the old mplayer2.exe (which is like, Media Player 6.4 or something...) found in the Windows Media Player folder, at least on XP. Everything else I have (WMP 11, foobar2000, VLC, etc...) was no go. confused13.gif

Edited by Bangster of Goats

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (trenken @ May 31 2012, 07:11 PM)
The title track is the main one that strikes me as original sounding, although many bands have done that sort of eastern style intro like Soothsayer from Mars Volta, Home from Dream Theater and Forever May Not Be Long Enough from Live.

Some of the rest sound like regular rock songs to me, like with that guitar riff from Anarchist. Doesnt sound like anything too different than Nocturne.

This is just going on short clips though so who knows.

Nocturne to me is one of the best song's since the 80's save production.

QUOTE (troutman @ May 31 2012, 06:10 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 12:58 PM)
MOTHERF&$&*%&$*$%*%&$ WINDOWS MEDIA FILES.

Someone download these things for us Mac users, huh?!

I can't listen either. rage.gif My computer used to be set up with windows but it crashed last year. My friend installed Ubuntu. Any suggestions? trink39.gif

Yep - Flip4Mac. This free Quicktime plugin is all you need. I found that after I had my own near-meltdown tongue.gif

[edit - oh wait, you said Ubuntu... mm. Sorry sad.gif But for Mac people that are wondering, Flip4Mac is what you need.]

Edited by danielmclark

Like everyone else, this has got me fired up. The cutoff in the title track made me release a reflex "f**k!". That song is gonna be huge.

The whole time all I could think was how well these are going to translate live. It has a big presence, like a concert feeling from what I gathered.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 04:12 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ May 31 2012, 06:10 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 12:58 PM)
MOTHERF&$&*%&$*$%*%&$ WINDOWS MEDIA FILES.

Someone download these things for us Mac users, huh?!

I can't listen either. rage.gif My computer used to be set up with windows but it crashed last year. My friend installed Ubuntu. Any suggestions? trink39.gif

Yep - Flip4Mac. This free Quicktime plugin is all you need. I found that after I had my own near-meltdown tongue.gif

[edit - oh wait, you said Ubuntu... mm. Sorry sad.gif But for Mac people that are wondering, Flip4Mac is what you need.]

Thanks a lot for the tease. tongue.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 31 2012, 04:51 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 31 2012, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (KidGloves @ May 31 2012, 05:54 PM)
Is it possible for someone to download them and upload them on Mediafire or similar sites?

Sorry to those who can't listen to the streams, but please, no posting links to hard copies of these clips. Even though they're only 30 seconds long, we still can't share them here. Find a way to listen to the clips on Walmart or Amazon or whatever.

Would it be okay if I posted the links directly to the .asf files on Walmart's server? It might be preferable to working with the web page. People can load the files in a media player and play them directly.

Interesting question. They're on Walmart's server, but will those links allow people to download the clips (as opposed to playing them straight from Walmart's site)?

Tell you what -- post a link to the "Caravan" clip and we'll see how it works.

Here ya go:

http://music.walmart.com/g2demand/000/16/8...2.01.01.001.asf

I know this was several pages ago, but . . . this link worked just fine for me. When I first listened, I was at the office (Windows 7 and Media Player). Now, I'm at home (Vista and Media Player)

The "Clockwork Angels", "Seven Cities Of Gold", and "The Garden" clips have me pretty stoked. I like the atmospheric stuff in general.

I'm going to hold off on any serious judgment until I have the album in my hands. smile.gif

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ May 31 2012, 05:32 PM)
I don't know about anyone else, but when I played it on WMP is sounded pretty bad although the songs themselves sounded good.

I'm really interested to hear how the whole story is going to play out.

Sounds like we couild have a great record here.

These clips are super-low-bitrate samples, so the sound quality is bad.

For all the Mac users and those without Windows Media in general, someone posted a YT video of the snippets here. However, do note that the BU2B snippet is at the very end instead of in the second place (I don't know why they did that). Also, the sound quality is even worse than on Walmart, but oh well confused13.gif confused13.gif wacko.gif biggrin.gif

Lalala I'm not listening! biggrin.gif Seriously, all the power to those who listened to the samples, but I'm personally gonna hold out until the CD is released...can't wait man... Edited by NYM86

QUOTE (grand phil-nale @ May 31 2012, 07:59 PM)
VLC player is also an alternative for Mac users.

VLC Player

Sorry if this has been mentioned. Didn't have time to read every post.

Yeah thats what I used on my Mac. VLC is the do it all media player on mac and pc.

QUOTE (NYM86 @ May 31 2012, 08:00 PM)
Lalala I'm not listening! biggrin.gif Seriously, all the power to those who listened to the samples, but I'm personally gonna hold out until the CD is released...can't wait man...

confused13.gif

ME LIKES!! 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 653.gif wub.gif cool.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif common001.gif applaudit.gif

Well done Lerxt, Dirk and Pratt!!!!

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 31 2012, 06:14 PM)
To me this sounds like a very dark record. And that's a good thing. The dark GUP is one of my favs.

All I asked for really was edginess and atmosphere. Judging from these clips we will have that is SPADES. It's unbelievable frankly. I just hope the vocals / choruses can keep up, we are hearing some mind melting samples here....

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ May 31 2012, 08:12 PM)
QUOTE (xredsectorx @ May 31 2012, 07:08 PM)
Still can't get them to play with Windows Media Player or RealPlayer... I'm dying here!!!!

I could only get them to play in the old mplayer2.exe (which is like, Media Player 6.4 or something...) found in the Windows Media Player folder, at least on XP. Everything else I have (WMP 11, foobar2000, VLC, etc...) was no go. confused13.gif

At home I had to follow the link from Walmart to Media Player 9. Had to jump through one or two hoops, but the end result is well worth it.

1022.gif